"Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped"
2076 16 2015-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jorski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 171946 ft
Finland

I get this first time since I have bought my P3A (on April). The DJI Pilot app crash and restart. What could cause it?
I use FW 1.1.9 and first version of Pilot app (not 1.2.0). My tablet is Nvidia Shield with Lollipop. This is my first issue with FW/App...

2015-7-18
Use props
flyingviking
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151693 ft
Canada

I get the same thing with my Samsung Tab 4 A. The app just stops and restarts 10-15 seconds later. Also, I speak Finnish. Was born in Finland but live in Canada now.
2015-7-18
Use props
Rigworker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

flyingviking Posted at 2015-7-19 07:12
I get the same thing with my Samsung Tab 4 A. The app just stops and restarts 10-15 seconds later. A ...

Where in Canada?
2015-7-18
Use props
Rigworker
lvl.4
Canada

I have a tab4 and the app has not crashed..yet. I am using 120 the latest though.
2015-7-18
Use props
ScottyT
lvl.4

Australia

Most likely the Pilot app is stressing your tablet, and for whatever reason it doesn't play well with the latest (latter?) version of google play services which it calls for GPS and Maps.

Try downgrading Google Play Services as per below. It's been a workaround for a lot of these silly problems.

1. 'Play Store' app > Settings > Auto-update apps > "Do not..." to turn off automatic updating

2. 'Settings' app> Security > Device Administrators" and uncheck/deactivate "Android Device Manager" as a device administrator

3. 'Settings' app> Applications > Application Manager > ALL (scroll right if needed to see this option) > Google Play Services > Disable (or Uninstall)... then choose to uninstall any updates from the stock version when prompted.

4. 'Settings' app> Applications > Application Manager > ALL > Google Play Services > Enable ....this will enable the older stock version of google play services

Ignore future upgrade requests for Google Maps etc as that will upgrade Google Play Services also. (until there is a proper fix from DJI)

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... p;page=17#pid151670

Read through page 16/17/18 of this thread for more background on this possible workaround.
2015-7-18
Use props
flyingviking
lvl.2
Canada

Ontario, York Region to be more specific.
2015-7-18
Use props
Rigworker
lvl.4
Canada

flyingviking Posted at 2015-7-19 09:04
Ontario, York Region to be more specific.

Edmonton, sort of here
2015-7-18
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

read what scotty t said
2015-7-18
Use props
jorski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 171946 ft
Finland

Ok, thanks. I will try it...
2015-7-19
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

we need to know: when if gives you the error, is it a crash or an anr? if its a crash its on dji, if its an anr its your tab running out of memory (ram)
source: im an android developer.

2015-7-19
Use props
flyingviking
lvl.2
Canada

Ok, tried the process explained above and I have not had any crashes during the past five flights. So the problem for me seem to be resolved.
2015-7-22
Use props
Cacc
lvl.3

Canada

I get that error at least once every other flight (sometimes 4-5 times in a single flight) and it is just a matter of hitting "ok" and the error goes away, gives about 2 seconds of a black screen, then it goes back to exactly where it was before the error popped up. I am using the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7" with the latest everything. It is a nuisance for sure, and the above hasn't stopped it from happening, but it is just a matter of losing FPV for a few seconds so it is not detrimental at this point.
2015-7-22
Use props
arives
lvl.4
Flight distance : 453684 ft
  • >>>
United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-7-19 10:33
read what scotty t said

I did not understand any of what he was talking about. I don't want my Tab 4 to stop its normal activities, I do stop Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, but my pilot app works fine. I have a new P3P but I never up-graded from 1.9 which was on the quad when I received it. I use the newest Pilot App. 1.1.2 or something, and it works fine.
2015-7-22
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

You need to restart the google process gapps.  It has become dislodged.  
2015-7-22
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

arives@capecod. Posted at 2015-7-23 11:31
I did not understand any of what he was talking about. I don't want my Tab 4 to stop its normal ac ...

Hi
I think if your system is working you don't need to do any thing, It appears that the firmware upgrade which you have not done causes a lot of problems, over working the processor, I don't know for sure  but it seems as though the latest version of google play is conflicting, with the latest firmware, Seems to have something to do with GPS.
2015-7-23
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

ScottyT Posted at 2015-7-19 07:44
Most likely the Pilot app is stressing your tablet, and for whatever reason it doesn't play well wit ...

Scotty
notice these folks are running the latest app with the old firmware,  That is likely causing the freeze and restart,  I don't know if rolling back the google play would help
2015-7-23
Use props
ScottyT
lvl.4

Australia

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-7-23 21:32
Scotty
notice these folks are running the latest app with the old firmware,  That is likely causi ...

I had the same problems on that combination of firmware/app and it's all CPU related so clawing back resources will help in most cases.
2015-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules