Want to Fly both Air2 and Mini
635 5 2021-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
3Recon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

Hi everyone, yes old question But I want to enjoy both. Yes it was time (in my eye) to ungrade phone and I went to the Samsung s21 Ultra snap Dragon chip set. I have the latest upgrade on both my s3 tab and s21U and my Air2 loves it but it's little older brother has become a place holder on the shelf because I get a black screen when attempting to fly my Mini.
Question is should I uninstall 1.4 Fly app and install 1.3 verision? and for those who may have done it already what app funtions will I lose on my Air2?
I'd rather not go out and buy another phone just for Mini.
2021-5-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've used my S21 Ultra (snapdragon process) with no issue with Mini, Mini 2 and Mavic Air 2.  I have latest firmware on all 3 drones, all 3 RCs and of course phone has latest updates.  So not sure why you are experiencing a problem on the Mini.  Hope you get it sorted out soon.
2021-5-15
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
United States

Thanks DowntownRDB we've chatted before on this topic. I'm wondering if one could uninstall controller firmware and reinstall?
2021-5-15
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
United States

well had a few minutes so I went through and refreshed firmware in controller and Mini to 1.00.0500 with DJI Assistant and everything starts up and gives me green light. Everything on monitor screen is go but I just can't see threw camera lens. Down side is my refresh warranty expired in April.
If DJI is monitoring !
Have to get to some property chores before it gets to warm and out of control
2021-5-15
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-15 04:12
I've used my S21 Ultra (snapdragon process) with no issue with Mini, Mini 2 and Mavic Air 2.  I have latest firmware on all 3 drones, all 3 RCs and of course phone has latest updates.  So not sure why you are experiencing a problem on the Mini.  Hope you get it sorted out soon.

The latest fly app 1.4.2 solved my s21Ultras blank for my Mini, Yah
The only thing that was different when I ordered s21 U was a custom color, P. Brown which shouldn't have changed anything besides being shipped out of Texas because special colors weren't assembled until after order. Which probably has nothing to do with it.
2021-5-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

3Recon Posted at 5-22 20:15
The latest fly app 1.4.2 solved my s21Ultras blank for my Mini, Yah
The only thing that was different when I ordered s21 U was a custom color, P. Brown which shouldn't have changed anything besides being shipped out of Texas because special colors weren't assembled until after order. Which probably has nothing to do with it.

Glad to hear the update solved the problem.  
2021-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules