Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can I Fly daily ?
2294 5 2014-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sebastianl
New

Colombia

Hello, I'm about to get involved in a project that requires daily aerial photography.
It will last 3 months, in wich I will need to fly daily for around 3 hours top (with replacement batteries, of course), to get diverse pictures for this project

Will Inspire1 resist this consant use?.
How frequently do you guys fly with it?

If this drone is not good enough for this, what would you recoment me?
Thank you so much.

2014-11-25
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think the bigger question is do you have the skill to not crash it flying that much? Flying three hours a day for 90 days is 270 hours of flying time. Not many people are skilled enough to fly that long between crashes.

I would think the aircraft would be up for it. Props may need to be changed.
2014-11-25
Use props
sebastianl
New

Colombia

chrisgeigerphot Posted at 2014-11-26 04:53
I think the bigger question is do you have the skill to not crash it flying that much? Flying three  ...

I will be flying at wide open areas, i'm not worried about crashing against something.
And the process will be almost repetitive every single day, and even when im not that experienced, i was careful with my earlier drone , and practicing everyday before the project starts will give me more confidence.

But i would like to know how much the device can resist before some piece will need to be replaced.
2014-11-25
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

One DJI rep said that the motors are life tested to 400 hours. That is the main wear part that I would be worried about. Props can be replaced as needed but are inexpensive and should last 100 hours or so. Like any multirotor a crash is going to do some damage. Parts/service I would expect to be very hard to come by for weeks or months after release. Even then major repair work may require sending it back to DJI for service. It often takes DJI weeks or months to service equipment. If this is a critical project, I would have a backup aircraft that can do the same thing or purchase a second Inspire as a spare. To fly three hours you are going to need about 10-11 batteries. Charge time for that many batteries and the controller is going to be something like 15 hours per day. You will want to get at least one more charger.

I personally would be happy if the aircraft is able to function for 200 hours of useful service.
2014-11-25
Use props
n2stuff
lvl.4

United States

Do you plan on using this for lets say crop surveying?  If so a airplane would be much more suitable for that.
2014-11-25
Use props
sebastianl
New

Colombia

chrisgeigerphot Posted at 2014-11-26 06:00
One DJI rep said that the motors are life tested to 400 hours. That is the main wear part that I wou ...

Thank you so much.
That's the answer i was looking for.
And yes, I'm considering getting that amount of batteries and 2 chargers, and also the replacement drone in case of anything.

I'll let you know what happens when the project starts. And, again, thank you so much for taking your time to help me with this.
2014-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules