Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Use to fly with my MINI2 without OA....(obvious as it has no OA  ;-) )

I normally fly my MA2 with the OA active (bypass mode). Usefull flying low and around obstacles ect.
BUT flying at high altitude, free of obstacles ofcourse, it senses obstacles wich are not there !

Yesterday flight a cloudy day, no direct sunlight into the front sensors and twice a false reading.
An unwanted quick stop can 'destroy' your video....

See the video ;
  • first one i had to release the forward stick to mid position, forward again to get the MA2 in speed again.
  • second one speed decreased and increased again while my forward stick remained at 100% forward.

So why the difference in behaviour ??

See the chart ; high pitch up to reduce speed etc (btw  gimbal performance is oustanding ofcourse!)

So next flights at altitude (for sure no obstabcels) i will set the OA off mode.  
Question for DJI : is the OA system too sensitive ?

Mayby an idea in the SW to have an user option to automatically disable OA at user choosen baro height?? (and ON again if lower than this height)

cheers
JJB

OAsensitive.png
2021-5-18
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

I have had this behavior from time to time in the past also with older FW versions, but i could never figure out what had caused it.
For me it was just in very very specific light conditions which might cause this from time to time, but i couldn't never replicate this behavior.
2021-5-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great question JJB*.  Haven't seen it on my MA2 but definitely will keep an eye on it.  
2021-5-18
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't think I have ever experienced that but I fly in Sport mode a lot and there is no OA in that mode.

But those last two videos of mine over the islands were in N mode and had no problems. OA was definately on then.

I assume there was a warning in the log file or on the screen. Was that true? Was the remote beeping?

2021-5-18
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Cant say I have experienced this either JJB*, I usually fly well above everything, in normal mode, OA on.  I will watch for this behaviour too.
2021-5-18
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

GaryDoug Posted at 5-18 14:37
I don't think I have ever experienced that but I fly in Sport mode a lot and there is no OA in that mode.

But those last two videos of mine over the islands were in N mode and had no problems. OA was definately on then.

No warning on the screen, no beeping, nothing in the log, no nothing!
2021-5-18
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

It looks like front sensor is affected by something (light conditions?)... the green OA indicator on left goes red sometimes in my case as well but don't remember that my MA2 ever stopped in this situation.

2021-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules