3998A373-9A43-45A3-AE10-78DB6A2FEECD.jpeg
2021-5-18
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

hmm, let see if the radar display bug is part of 'certain issues'....
2021-5-18
Use props
LoveYou
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

Link? in site have 1.4.0
2021-5-18
Use props
SecretFlyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2521522 ft
United Kingdom

Nothing here yet in UK, just checked in app for updates and still v1.4.0 (937-official).

Maybe they're doing a phased release by geographic regions.
2021-5-18
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Anything else? New?
2021-5-18
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Not available yet here in Southern California, USA for either Android nor iPhone.
Not that it looks like it does anything for the Mini...
2021-5-18
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

K6CCC Posted at 5-18 06:51
Not available yet here in Southern California, USA for either Android nor iPhone.

For iOS it still shows 1.4.0 on the site, but if you click to download, it will download version 1.4.2.
2021-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SecretFlyer Posted at 5-18 06:00
Nothing here yet in UK, just checked in app for updates and still v1.4.0 (937-official).

Maybe they're doing a phased release by geographic regions.

Im UK and it was released yesterday.
2021-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

K6CCC Posted at 5-18 06:51

Did you check updates in the App Store.   Click you profile pick and and then pull down for updates to refresh.
2021-5-18
Use props
SJS Images
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Was on apple app store this morning in UK... downloaded to iphone and ipad but not tried it yet. That will be tomorrows job
2021-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SJS Images Posted at 5-18 07:07
Was on apple app store this morning in UK... downloaded to iphone and ipad but not tried it yet. That will be tomorrows job

With the rain here in the UK I'll be lucky to test it this week.
2021-5-18
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-18 07:02
Did you check updates in the App Store.   Click you profile pick and and then pull down for updates to refresh.

Yes, I did check in the App Store (just did again).  Still comes up with the current version 1.4.0 (451)

I have no idea what you mean by "Click your profile pick and then pull down for updates..." (assuming you mean something in the App Store).  Bear in mind that my @#$%^& iPhone is a work issued phone that I absolutely HATE.  I mostly only use it for work E-Mail, and the only time I have flown my drone with it is to verify that it worked.

Just checked in the Android DJI Fly app and the update is not available there either - on my Motorola G7 Power (what I do a majority of my flying with).  Still 1.4.0 (937-official).
2021-5-18
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the info. It's available for iOS here in USA.
2021-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

K6CCC Posted at 5-18 08:01
Yes, I did check in the App Store (just did again).  Still comes up with the current version 1.4.0 (451)

I have no idea what you mean by "Click your profile pick and then pull down for updates..." (assuming you mean something in the App Store).  Bear in mind that my @#$%^& iPhone is a work issued phone that I absolutely HATE.  I mostly only use it for work E-Mail, and the only time I have flown my drone with it is to verify that it worked.

In the App Store in the Today screen there is a profile pic in the top right, tap that and you'll see all the pending updates,   if you pull down on that screen it will refresh.    BTW Dronespilot has confirmed its available in the USA.
2021-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dronespilot Posted at 5-18 08:04

Thanks for confirming,  although Im not surprised - when I release an app update for my apps in the App Store I cannot control which regions gets it first only a date/time for it to be available world wide.
2021-5-18
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
United States

K6CCC Posted at 5-18 08:01

I have no idea what you mean by "Click your profile pick and then pull down for updates..." (assuming you mean something in the App Store).  Bear in mind that my @#$%^& iPhone is a work issued phone that I absolutely HATE.  I mostly only use it for work E-Mail, and the only time I have flown my drone with it is to verify that it worked.

Now - 20 minutes after I posted that it was not yet available - it is showing as available.  Downloaded and installed on the @#$%^ iPhone.  Not yet for the Android...
2021-5-18
Use props
djiuser_KesklELQwRHk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 857011 ft
Spain

Aqui en españa ya esta lista instalando
C68F97B6-9633-4EAB-AB0D-44E18382B67D.png
2021-5-18
Use props
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422549 ft
United States

dronespilot Posted at 5-18 08:04

Ok, total NEWB question:  How do you update the Fly App on the Smart Controller?  I did the pull-down screen, went to Settings, then to Apps, located the DJI Fly app but the only options I see are "Disable" or "Force Stop".  I don't see any way to update the app.

BTW, I was able to update the Fly App on iPhone to the new version with no problems.  Can anyone guide me through updating the Fly App on the Smart Controller please?
2021-5-18
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Chuck Campfield Posted at 5-18 08:28
Ok, total NEWB question:  How do you update the Fly App on the Smart Controller?  I did the pull-down screen, went to Settings, then to Apps, located the DJI Fly app but the only options I see are "Disable" or "Force Stop".  I don't see any way to update the app.

BTW, I was able to update the Fly App on iPhone to the new version with no problems.  Can anyone guide me through updating the Fly App on the Smart Controller please?

On the SC It will notify you if/when there is an update and then you can download it and it will unpack then install ( will do it automatically once initiated) That notification of update SHOULD pop up when you open the Fly app.
You can also check by going into the profile ( the little "head" icon on the bottom of the fly app screen) and look in the "about" area of settings to check for updates.
All that being said, the update (1.4.2) might not be as immediately available as it is for a normal phone, etc.
Youcan also steer the browser built into the SC ( apps screen) and go to DJI downloads and find and download the Android version (APK file) and then click on that downloaded file to install.
2021-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

K6CCC Posted at 5-18 08:26
Now - 20 minutes after I posted that it was not yet available - it is showing as available.  Downloaded and installed on the @#$%^ iPhone.  Not yet for the Android...

Perhaps you needed to manually refresh by pulling down on the update screen.
2021-5-18
Use props
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
United States

jmb63 Posted at 5-18 09:15
On the SC It will notify you if/when there is an update and then you can download it and it will unpack then install ( will do it automatically once initiated) That notification of update SHOULD pop up when you open the Fly app.
You can also check by going into the profile ( the little "head" icon on the bottom of the fly app screen) and look in the "about" area of settings to check for updates.
All that being said, the update (1.4.2) might not be as immediately available as it is for a normal phone, etc.

Thank you for the instructions on updating the Fly app on the SC.  I'm not getting any push notifications at this time so I think I'll wait a day or two and see if I get an alert.  If not I'll try the manual update by downloading the APK file from the website as you suggested.

Oddly enough, I also checked for firmware updates before making this post and there weren't any.  When I fired everything back up to try the Fly app update again I was prompted to update the FW on the aircraft to V02.04.1690 which I did but still no prompt to update the Fly app.  I'll just wait, as you said, it may not be immediately available like it is for the iPhone.  Thanks again for the help!
2021-5-18
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Chuck Campfield Posted at 5-18 09:46
Thank you for the instructions on updating the Fly app on the SC.  I'm not getting any push notifications at this time so I think I'll wait a day or two and see if I get an alert.  If not I'll try the manual update by downloading the APK file from the website as you suggested.

Oddly enough, I also checked for firmware updates before making this post and there weren't any.  When I fired everything back up to try the Fly app update again I was prompted to update the FW on the aircraft to V02.04.1690 which I did but still no prompt to update the Fly app.  I'll just wait, as you said, it may not be immediately available like it is for the iPhone.  Thanks again for the help!

You're Welcome!I haven't seen the update for Android either manually ( download from DJI) or automatically!
It looks like the Android version is still at 1.4.0 for either the  SC or a regular device...
2021-5-18
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

I haven't had the update via the app or Dji downloads but since huawei appgallery
2021-5-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately, that leaves android 2 version updates behind.  DJI download link for Fly App for android is V 1.4 and for iOS it's V 1.4.2.  No in App update available either.

Just sad the way DJI treats android users.
2021-5-18
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Portugal

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-18 12:38
Unfortunately, that leaves android 2 version updates behind.  DJI download link for Fly App for android is V 1.4 and for iOS it's V 1.4.2.  No in App update available either.

Google "huawei appgallery apk" download and install. Run huawei appgallery search for Dji Fly and install.
Uninstall huawei appgallery. Done! You now have Dji Fly 1.4.2 installed on your android device...
2021-5-18
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-18 08:23
Thanks for confirming,  although Im not surprised - when I release an app update for my apps in the App Store I cannot control which regions gets it first only a date/time for it to be available world wide.

When I checked the App Store it showed it was released yesterday though I did update some apps yesterday but the Fly App was not among them.
2021-5-18
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Chuck Campfield Posted at 5-18 08:28
Ok, total NEWB question:  How do you update the Fly App on the Smart Controller?  I did the pull-down screen, went to Settings, then to Apps, located the DJI Fly app but the only options I see are "Disable" or "Force Stop".  I don't see any way to update the app.

BTW, I was able to update the Fly App on iPhone to the new version with no problems.  Can anyone guide me through updating the Fly App on the Smart Controller please?
I don’t think there’s an update, but I usually get a notification.

There’s another option ( I have not tested it before) where you go to settings within the Fly App itself and scroll down to “about” and click on it. Then you will see “Check for Updates”. I enabled “Auto Check for Updates”.

The last option, which I have done several times, is by downloading the Fly App directly from DJI’s website via the “Lightning Browser”. It’s a little long process but sometimes it’s the only way to get the updated version for the SC.
2021-5-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DAFlys. Good day and thank you for posting these information about the DJI Fly application v1.4.2. Great find and thank you for your support.
2021-5-18
Use props
SecretFlyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

For some reason DJI do not currently publish the DJI Fly app on the Google Play store (despire having tons of their other apps there) so on Android you have to download it initially via DJI website and load as a third party app which is really annoying.

The Android app should automatically update itself once inatalled but you can force a manual chexk by opening the app and going to Profile > Settings > About > Check for updates.

Checked again today and no update available, still 1.4.0.

2021-5-18
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Portugal

SecretFlyer Posted at 5-18 20:58
For some reason DJI do not currently publish the DJI Fly app on the Google Play store (despire having tons of their other apps there) so on Android you have to download it initially via DJI website and load as a third party app which is really annoying.

The Android app should automatically update itself once inatalled but you can force a manual chexk by opening the app and going to Profile > Settings > About > Check for updates.

I have an android phone and have Dji Fly 1.4.2 , updated with Huawei gallery.
2021-5-18
Use props
SecretFlyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Miguel Leitao Posted at 5-18 23:14
I have an android phone and have Dji Fly 1.4.2 , updated with Huawei gallery.
Thanks for confirming. Interesting you can update via Huwai Gallery but it's not on Google Play.

Just checked manually again from within app, still 1.4.0 and saying it's up to date.

*shrug*
2021-5-19
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Portugal

SecretFlyer Posted at 5-19 06:05
Thanks for confirming. Interesting you can update via Huwai Gallery but it's not on Google Play.

Just checked manually again from within app, still 1.4.0 and saying it's up to date.

It´s available now on Dji download area:

https://www.dji.com/pt/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

It says 1.4.0 but the download is 1.4.2

Hope this helps you.
2021-5-19
Use props
SecretFlyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Miguel Leitao Posted at 5-19 06:26
It´s available now on Dji download area:

https://www.dji.com/pt/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

Ah, thanks. I did check the download page yesterday but seems they've forgotten to update the version information in the title.

Thanks again!
2021-5-19
Use props
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
United States

dronespilot Posted at 5-18 17:33
I don’t think there’s an update, but I usually get a notification.

There’s another option ( I have not tested it before) where you go to settings within the Fly App itself and scroll down to “about” and click on it. Then you will see “Check for Updates”. I enabled “Auto Check for Updates”.

Thanks for the info, I’ll checkout the “Auto Check For Updates” on my SC.
2021-5-19
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-18 19:06
Hello there DAFlys. Good day and thank you for posting these information about the DJI Fly application v1.4.2. Great find and thank you for your support.

Stephen, did this update fixed the Custom Sticks definition from Smart Controller ????????
2021-5-19
Use props
FlanniganFlyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146473 ft
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-18 12:38

I’m in the uk and on Android, I went on to DJI fly app download center and downloaded the fly app apk 1.4.0 then checked the installed app and it was v. 1.4.2, hope that helps you
2021-5-19
Use props
SecretFlyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-18 19:06

Hi Stephen,

Could you please ask the DJI web team to update the version number listed on the DJI Fly download page? It is still showing 1.4.0 which is causing a lot of confusion.

https://www.dji.com/uk/mobile/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

Thanks.
2021-5-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

FlanniganFlyer Posted at 5-19 11:41
I’m in the uk and on Android, I went on to DJI fly app download center and downloaded the fly app apk 1.4.0 then checked the installed app and it was v. 1.4.2, hope that helps you

Thanks for update.
2021-5-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice info!
2021-5-21
Use props
DAFlys