Corrupt MOV file
836 9 2021-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MarkOaposLeary
lvl.1
Australia

My Mavic 2 Pro has been playing up on me lately.  Randomly not finalizing record and then unable to continue recording.  Requires either a shut off or battery removal for it to work again.  Cant pinpoint why it is happening.  Has happened on all different record formats, codecs, SD cards, etc.  WEorked a tre3at for many months prior.

Likely to take it back to DJI as it is still under warranty....however....I have ended up with a number of video files that are now corrupt and one of them i really require for a client.  I have tried a num,ber of online video file fix services but havent had any luck.  Can anyone reccomend something to use with a MAC.  Its a 2.1GB .MOV file.

Thanks in advance
2021-5-21
Use props
Porktree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

The only time I've seen something like this is when you shut down the aircraft before stopping recording - and when I've done that, I've been able to fix the file by turning the AC back on.   If this isn't your scenario, it totally looks like a software issue and a clean install of the firmware et al should clear it up.
2021-5-21
Use props
MarkOaposLeary
lvl.1
Australia

Yeah I have heard of that happening, you are right.
For me it happens mid-flight, just stops recording by itself, that file is then corrupt and it won’t record any more.
I updated software recently, but maybe I’ll try another full update.

Thanks for your reply.
2021-5-21
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Did you format the SD cards on the drone itself?

Most of the time this happens like Porktree stated, but also a wrongly formatted SD card can cause problems.

Always format in the recording device. In this case the drone. A pc or mac can format the memory cards a little bit different.
2021-5-21
Use props
MarkOaposLeary
lvl.1
Australia

JohnDG Posted at 5-21 20:35
Did you format the SD cards on the drone itself?

Most of the time this happens like Porktree stated, but also a wrongly formatted SD card can cause problems.

Yeah, always format in camera on all my cameras. Good thought though. Thanks.
2021-5-21
Use props
MarkOaposLeary
lvl.1
Australia

Porktree Posted at 5-21 19:18
The only time I've seen something like this is when you shut down the aircraft before stopping recording - and when I've done that, I've been able to fix the file by turning the AC back on.   If this isn't your scenario, it totally looks like a software issue and a clean install of the firmware et al should clear it up.

Hey mate. I have checked and the firmware is up to date. Did you mean there is a way to wipe and re-install the firmware?
2021-5-21
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

MarkOaposLeary Posted at 5-21 20:54
Hey mate. I have checked and the firmware is up to date. Did you mean there is a way to wipe and re-install the firmware?

This can also occur when the SD card is bordering on not being fast enough, and can abruptly stop recording. What card is it? One example is the Sandisk Ultra range of cards, not quite fast enough for the job.
2021-5-21
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

MarkOaposLeary Posted at 5-21 20:54

Yes, you can reinstall using the Assistent for Mavic.

Download it from the DJI website, https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic

Via the Go4 app you can't do a reinstall.
Had once a problem too with a firmware. Reinstalling using the Assistent solved the problem.
2021-5-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, MarkOaposLeary. Thanks for reaching out and we're sorry to read about the difficulties you're experiencing. Please update or refresh the latest version of your Mavic 2's firmware via the DJI Assistant 2 to confirm if the problem can be resolved thru an update. Please make sure to format the microSD card directly using the DJI GO 4.

2021-5-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tested with the internal storage to see if it still happens?
2021-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules