40882 34 2021-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AaronR
New
Flight distance : 25787 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,
I recently purchased a DJI FPV drone combo which includes the drone itself, the V2 goggles and the radio control and was wondering if the V2 goggles that come in this bundle are compatible with other digital race/freestyle drones?
Any help would be great thanks,
regards,
Aaron
2021-5-22
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

Yes, the V2 goggles will work with the Caddx Vista and DJI Air Units.

The V1 goggles will not work with the new FPV drone.
2021-5-22
Use props
AaronR
New
Flight distance : 25787 ft
United Kingdom

Duane Degn Posted at 5-22 12:19

That is great news, thanks for the help!
2021-5-22
Use props
nutz245gmail.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44688 ft
United States

It won't work with the Smart Controller and now it won't even work on my phone.  I guess they will announce a NEW $700 piece of hardware to make it compatible with their other crap soon.
2021-5-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, AaronR. Thanks for reaching out! As already answered, the DJI FPV Goggles v2 would work on both Caddx Vista and DJI Air unit.
2021-5-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

nutz245gmail.com Posted at 5-22 16:18
It won't work with the Smart Controller and now it won't even work on my phone.  I guess they will announce a NEW $700 piece of hardware to make it compatible with their other crap soon.

Hi, nutz245gmail.com. Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately, it isn't compatible with the DJI Smart Controller however, it should work on selected mobile devices. Could you confirm the version of your DJI Fly, the specific issue you're experiencing, and the specific mobile device you're using? Thanks and looking forward to your response.
2021-5-22
Use props
djiuser_heTJrNqD4vmZ
New
Flight distance : 21873 ft
United Kingdom

Hi I have planing to get FPV Goggles V2 , will it work with my DJI air 2s ? I don’t have smart controller , using iPhone 12 Pro Max .
Thanks in advance
Regards
2021-8-2
Use props
SquidSurprise
lvl.1

Canada

Will they work with the Phantom Pro 4 v2.0? And if not, do any goggles work with it (I know the original DJI Goggles do, but they are discontinued)
2021-11-12
Use props
Condor 1
lvl.1

Germany

are the dji fpv goggles v2 compatible with the DJI Mavic 3?
2021-11-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Condor 1 Posted at 11-21 22:53
are the dji fpv goggles v2 compatible with the DJI Mavic 3?

Hi, Condor 1. I'm sorry to inform you that DJI Mavic 3 is not compatible with DJI FPV Goggles V2. Hope this helps.
2021-11-21
Use props
fansc03e6e14
lvl.3
Flight distance : 486503 ft
Brazil

Is the DJI FPV Googles V2 compatible with any drone? what the heck DJI

What's the reason it's not compatible with Mavic 3 and Air 2S? It makes no fucking sense at all. No one is buying this ...ty DJI FPV Drone because of the Googles.
2021-12-13
Use props
djiuser_CDQFWmFmb4if
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5133369 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Apparently the v2 goggles can in fact work with the air 2s, but DJI withdrew this faculty. Why DJI, why????
Please, DJI, enable the v2 goggles to work with the air 2s. Your know it can be done, and wilI sell many more units.
2021-12-16
Use props
djiuser_CDQFWmFmb4if
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5133369 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

.... or, how can i get my old white goggles to work with my air 2s?
2021-12-16
Use props
FlightMonkey
New

United Kingdom

I have the Phantom 4 drone .... I've heard that FPV Goggles v2 is compatible with my drone out of the box, is that right?   I need to know before I purchase.  I plan on buying the FPV drone too but I wanted to make sure its compatible with the Phantom 4 before purchasing as I'll be buying the FPV drone later.

2022-1-5
Use props
fans2ed9bb23
lvl.3
Flight distance : 347415 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_CDQFWmFmb4if Posted at 2021-12-16 11:59
.... or, how can i get my old white goggles to work with my air 2s?

Hopefully, you are using a SC or RC Pro, you can use the HDMI out of the controllers and connect a cable to the white goggles.

Otherwise, use a casting device connected to the goggles and then have your phone or tablet with the Fly App open and casting to the goggles.

I just posted a thread asking DJI to consider making the DJI FPV goggles compatible with the RC Pro.
The image from the FPV goggles is way sharper than in the white goggles version, so much so that I didn't need focus fixers or lens inserts as I used to with the white goggles.
2022-2-3
Use props
djiuser_OTL7rTGtuyJZ
New

United States

I have a new Mavic Air 2 and I just bought the V2 FPV googles and I'm just finding out that they aren't compatible?? Really? How is that possible?
2022-3-13
Use props
Moneygrubbing
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2021-5-22 20:31
Hi, AaronR. Thanks for reaching out! As already answered, the DJI FPV Goggles v2 would work on both Caddx Vista and DJI Air unit.

Does anyone know why DJI would make new FPV Goggles that use the same frequency range as 90 % of their drones but is not compatible with most of their drones?  I would be interested in hearing that explanation. IM sure it would be intertaining.
2022-3-17
Use props
fansebae
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7672598 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Moneygrubbing Posted at 3-17 03:32
Does anyone know why DJI would make new FPV Goggles that use the same frequency range as 90 % of their drones but is not compatible with most of their drones?  I would be interested in hearing that explanation. IM sure it would be intertaining.

.. because they're DJI almighty?

2022-3-17
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

fansebae Posted at 3-17 14:48

[view_image]

Did you take that photo?
Are those the V2 goggles?
Which firmware version?
I haven't seen those options before myself. That's a very intriguing photo.
2022-3-17
Use props
fansebae
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Duane Degn Posted at 3-17 17:56
Did you take that photo?
Are those the V2 goggles?
Which firmware version?

yes. yes. 0606
2022-3-17
Use props
Dakilla
lvl.3
France

Awesome
Hopefully the community will come to our rescue
2022-3-17
Use props
FlyingSnoopy
lvl.4

Greece

fansebae Posted at 3-17 14:48

[view_image]

This is AWESOME!!
I wish this goes public soon!
Now if only we could use the FPV controller with other drones!
2022-3-18
Use props
fansebae
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

FlyingSnoopy Posted at 3-18 02:55
This is AWESOME!!
I wish this goes public soon!
Now if only we could use the FPV controller with other drones!

But it is public.... That's where i got it: https://github.com/fpv-wtf/margerine
2022-3-18
Use props
FlyingSnoopy
lvl.4

Greece

fansebae Posted at 3-18 07:00
But it is public.... That's where i got it: https://github.com/fpv-wtf/margerine

Yes the root procedure is public, but how did you add support for air2s ?
BTW i downgraded to .606 but i get a 'goggles firmware out of date '  
It's ok it still flies, just have an orange warning on the bottom right.
2022-3-18
Use props
fansebae
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

FlyingSnoopy Posted at 3-18 07:42
Yes the root procedure is public, but how did you add support for air2s ?
BTW i downgraded to .606 but i get a 'goggles firmware out of date '  
It's ok it still flies, just have an orange warning on the bottom right.

I didn't add anything.
The procedure is shown as: unrd product_type wm232_gls and then reboot. After reboot it says air 2s. I don't have air 2s to try. As i understand it's a dji hidden thing and has been always present in the goggles.
2022-3-18
Use props
FlyingSnoopy
lvl.4

Greece

fansebae Posted at 3-18 08:13
I didn't add anything.
The procedure is shown as: unrd product_type wm232_gls and then reboot. After reboot it says air 2s. I don't have air 2s to try. As i understand it's a dji hidden thing and has been always present in the goggles.

I didn't find any references for 'unrd product_type wm232_gls' in the readme. Where is it located ?
BTW do you get the 'goggles firmware out of date' warning, when you connect to the drone and the controller?
As I  understand: You download node.js, install dependencies , update and then execute the margerine unlock

Just like the guy in this video, correct?

2022-3-18
Use props
fansebae
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

FlyingSnoopy Posted at 3-18 08:38
I didn't find any references for 'unrd product_type wm232_gls' in the readme. Where is it located ?
BTW do you get the 'goggles firmware out of date' warning, when you connect to the drone and the controller?
As I  understand: You download node.js, install dependencies , update and then execute the margerine unlock

it was on their discord...
i think my goggles drone firmware is 0001 and air unit 0606.
i just followed the readme to root
2022-3-18
Use props
FlyingSnoopy
lvl.4

Greece

fansebae Posted at 3-18 08:57
it was on their discord...
i think my goggles drone firmware is 0001 and air unit 0606.
i just followed the readme to root

Yep, got it. Thanks!
2022-3-19
Use props
djiuser_zLvZaU22ntVR
New

Italy

Hi to all, I also purchased a DJI FPV COMBO kit which includes goggles V2, a transmitter and a drone.
Everything works fine, but I was wondering if it is possible to use the goggles also with other DJI drones that feature 3 axis gimbal.

Unfortunately, the gimbal included in the COMBO kit is only 2 axis.

Can you suggest me if there is any compatible drone with 3 axis gimbal which I can use with the goggles?

Thank you!
2022-7-17
Use props
djiuser_qdr85HMI1PYB
New
Flight distance : 1928878 ft

Guatemala

I made a change.org petition to get the Goggles compatible with other DJI drones

https://chng.it/8sr558sq5g

Spread the word!
2022-7-26
Use props
fans62f0e159
New

United Kingdom

Are the DJI Goggles 2 compatible with the DJI mini pro 3?
2022-9-1
Use props
Calcrisk77
New

United States

Good and bad.
Good: I have enjoyed the FPV drone and most of it's capabilities except I would like a little more variety. The goggles really work well, and keeps me from having to know what I am doing so very convenient.

Bad: However, I was looking into the DJI Mini 3 as my next toy to try out, but according to the forums it isn't compatible with your DJI FPV Goggles V2. Well, that is a deal breaker for me. Feel free to market to me when DJI has offerings that are compatible.
2022-12-14
Use props
djiuser_0eiMH7PSz5wC
lvl.1

Estonia

Hi guys.
Does firmware v01.00.0607 for Googles V2 compatible with caddx vista?
Thank you.
2023-2-13
Use props
djiuser_nkExFgPAOmyn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 511217 ft
United Kingdom

Moneygrubbing Posted at 2022-3-17 03:31

I don’t get why they release the goggles V2 with the avata and then don’t unlock them for any other dji drones. I thought DJI was forward thinking . Not just using us to purchase old stock going obsolete.
2023-10-26
Use props
djiuser_KP1o3sc179U3
lvl.1
Netherlands

Duane Degn Posted at 2021-5-22 12:19

The goggles v2 are indeed compatible with the caddx vista, and the remote 2 is also compatible. But ONLY when using the goggles 2 (not v2) ...
2023-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules