Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Samsung S21 Ultra DJI FLY Official support
12Next >
33596 68 2021-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Juan P. Sotelo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14478 ft
Argentina

Hello everybody, I am new to DJI and I was surprised to know that th S21 Ultra is not officially supported by the DJI FLY app.

I was able to manually download the app from www.dji.com/downloads/, but its not officialy supported.

While trying to use the app with the highest resolution on the phone, I was able to see that videos from the tutorial got stuck after a few seconds. Then I changed the resolution to the lowest, and the app started to work. Then I did a few tests with the drone and all seems to work as expected, but I am a little bit worried, about loosing connectivity with the drone or another issue.

Does anybody knows if this phone is going to be supported and why is not yet supported?.

2021-5-24
Use props
djiuser_9Ua4Zrpwib9G
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30689 ft
United States

wondering the same thing they really need to update the app to work for the Ultra instead of telling us to use a diffrent phone
2021-5-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Juan P. Sotelo. Good day and thank you for these information you have given. DJI would recommended using a recommended mobile device for compatibility and reliability purposes on both the DJI Fly and for the said DJI Drone. There is a possibility that the Samsung S21 Ultra will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while in use. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-5-24
Use props
JPS-mini2
lvl.1
Argentina

Hello DJI Stephen, I am not sure if you work on DJI, but do you know if DJI is actually working on supporting this phone?. Look strange to me that this phone is not supported.

What kind of issues I could face while using the Samsung S21 Ultra? The version I am using is v1.4.2(1006-official)

Thanks
2021-5-25
Use props
manxphoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3797825 ft
Isle of Man

This seems to be an ongoing issue with the Fly app 'not supported' on certain phones.  I've been using Android phones for years now and have never come across another app in that time that seems to be so device specific.  I would think that very few DJI users would want to buy a specific phone just to use with a drone.  Most of us will buy a phone for general use based on it's specification and it's a shame that the DJI Fly app needs specific testing on a particular phone, surely it should just need testing with a particular version of Android?
2021-6-24
Use props
JPS-mini2
lvl.1
Argentina

Until today the app is still not supported. The best Samsung phone is not supported and it seems that nobody on DJI is working on this. To be honest I bought this phone becase my old phone didnt support the DJI fly app!. So I went to the store and bought the best phone on the market. I was very SAD when I saw that the app was not on the market FOR MY NEW PHONE!.

My bad to not see that the best phone was not supported.

Right now, the app that I installed manually is saying that t I need to do an update, but that is not working. My guess is that I will need to uninstall and install the latest one.

But I am still flying with fear.

Does anybody know when this is going to be fixed?
2021-6-24
Use props
JPS-mini2
lvl.1
Argentina

No Updates on this? Does anybody know if the S21 ULTRA is going to be supported?
2021-7-21
Use props
fans8d9499c7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17232310 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I flew my air2s with my S21 ultra and the fpv was crap. It was stutering continiously ,so i brought it back and now i am flying with my old phone, an S8 with cracked screen. I boufht the S21 ultra to replace my S8 which served me well all these years, just to find out that the best phone on the market currently is not supported by dji fly app.
One question to dji. Isn t your dedicated pro controller how you call it runs Android? What s the matter with you people?!

George
2021-7-28
Use props
JPS-mini2
lvl.1
Argentina

George, did you tried running the S21 Ultra with low resolution (1600 x 720) ? What is the version of the DJI FLY app?.

I have to update the app, but I am afraid to do it. Because I am not sure if is going to work with new updates.

Its incredible that the S21 Ultra its not supported and no one in DJI is saying what is going on with this matter.
2021-7-28
Use props
JPS-mini2
lvl.1
Argentina

When the s21 ultra will be added? Months since I bought the drone!
2021-8-24
Use props
fans8d9499c7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17232310 ft
  • >>>
Greece

JPS-mini2 Posted at 7-28 09:25
George, did you tried running the S21 Ultra with low resolution (1600 x 720) ? What is the version of the DJI FLY app?.

I have to update the app, but I am afraid to do it. Because I am not sure if is going to work with new updates.

I am flying with my old S8 ,and i have no issues. If Dji does not come out with official support of S21 ultra soon it will be very sad.
2021-8-24
Use props
djiuser_ZdvTnM2eOMwW
New

Australia

ABSOLUTELY DISAPPONTED WITH DJI, THEY SELL TOP GEAR ALL FOR TAKING GREAT PICTURES YET YOU NEED TO USE A DATED PHONE TO KEEP UP WITH THERE UNDERRATED APP WOW.
2021-9-10
Use props
JPS-mini2
lvl.1
Argentina

No news about this?? THIS GUYS ARE TAKING TOO MUCH TIME TO SUPPORT THIS PHONE?..

IS DJI going to support new phones??  At lease we should get an answer about this!
2021-10-5
Use props
SaleemVFX
lvl.1

Trinidad and Tobago

I am waiting for this also.... Not having support on a Flagship phone is ridiculous
2021-10-11
Use props
Outatime67
lvl.1
United States

I'm brand new to DJI and I have to admit, I'm more than a little surprised and disappointed that a flagship phone that's been out for nearly a year is not supported.  I'll bet this is why DJI Fly forces me to log in EVERY time I fly.  I'm going on vacation in a month and I'll be in locations with no cell service.  Which will basically boil down to the fact that I paid $600 for a drone I won't be able to use unless I spend another $100-200 on an OLD device.
2021-10-29
Use props
JPS-mini2
lvl.1
Argentina

It is terrible.. I am afraid to use my drone because of this.

THE WORST THING IS THAT FJI SEEMS TO NOT CARE..

since MAY I am waiting!..
2021-10-29
Use props
Leo J
lvl.1
Flight distance : 252822 ft
Netherlands

Ok, just bought a DJI Mini today, only to find out now that my Samsung S21 is not supported. The FLY app freezes right away at start-up. What is the best way to go from here? I installed version 1.5.0 for the FLY app, if I am correct this is the latest version? Could I install a lower version, or isn't this going to work as well? Hope there is a solution, otherwise it's going back to the store. Not buying a new phone for my drone I am afraid. The S21 is one of the best sold phones, why no proper support? Thanks for your help.
2021-11-5
Use props
djiuser_J0HJAjkfjPJf
New

United States

So I am waiting for FedEx to deliver my $3000 fly more DJI Mavic 3 tomorrow and I also have an S21 Ultra... (12GB Ram model). Anyways, the DJI Fly app doesn't show in the play store so I downloaded the APK (v 1.5.0) and it won't install? Is this seriously not supported on this phone? I paid $1400 for this phone and it's flawless. Am I missing something here???
2021-11-7
Use props
Popeye1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511722 ft

United Kingdom

djiuser_J0HJAjkfjPJf Posted at 11-7 10:30
So I am waiting for FedEx to deliver my $3000 fly more DJI Mavic 3 tomorrow and I also have an S21 Ultra... (12GB Ram model). Anyways, the DJI Fly app doesn't show in the play store so I downloaded the APK (v 1.5.0) and it won't install? Is this seriously not supported on this phone? I paid $1400 for this phone and it's flawless. Am I missing something here???

No you are not!! Looks like the S21 Ultra not supported yet, along with S21 on Android 12. I’ve reverted back to my iPad til this is sorted .
2021-11-7
Use props
Popeye1
lvl.4

United Kingdom

djiuser_J0HJAjkfjPJf Posted at 11-7 10:30
So I am waiting for FedEx to deliver my $3000 fly more DJI Mavic 3 tomorrow and I also have an S21 Ultra... (12GB Ram model). Anyways, the DJI Fly app doesn't show in the play store so I downloaded the APK (v 1.5.0) and it won't install? Is this seriously not supported on this phone? I paid $1400 for this phone and it's flawless. Am I missing something here???

Expensive paper weight... Have the same issue with Galaxy S21, app will install but jus black screen.
no files cached to phone, few other issues ,      
2021-11-8
Use props
JPS-mini2
lvl.1
Argentina

Didnt try the latest version. But I was able to solve this black screen lowering the resolution on the phone for previous versions.

Its incredible that DJI is launching new drones and they dont care to support new devices on the phone!.

I have a friend with the same S21 Ultra with older drones with the old application and that WORKS!.

I will need to start using the drone for a work project, very soon and I am not sure if is safe to use it..

Does anybody know where we can make a formal COMPLAIN? looks like nobody from DJI is looking at this.

At least to know if they will support the phone or not!
2021-11-8
Use props
Leo J
lvl.1
Flight distance : 252822 ft
Netherlands

Leo J Posted at 11-5 12:19
Ok, just bought a DJI Mini today, only to find out now that my Samsung S21 is not supported. The FLY app freezes right away at start-up. What is the best way to go from here? I installed version 1.5.0 for the FLY app, if I am correct this is the latest version? Could I install a lower version, or isn't this going to work as well? Hope there is a solution, otherwise it's going back to the store. Not buying a new phone for my drone I am afraid. The S21 is one of the best sold phones, why no proper support? Thanks for your help.

OK, no response.. It is going back to the store.
2021-11-9
Use props
Popeye1
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Leo J Posted at 11-9 01:52
OK, no response.. It is going back to the store.

Hope you get the resolution you are looking for
2021-11-9
Use props
JPS-mini2
lvl.1
Argentina

I sent an email to the support, and this is what they told me:

-------------------------------------------------
Dear Juan,

Nice to meet you! Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support, we will be glad to assist you.

It is found that your device Samsung S21 Ultra and DJI FLY app have been compatible and can be used together. It's just not updated in the supported device list.  If you have any problems during use, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will be happy to help!
Thank you for choosing DJI.
Best Regards,
Velo
DJI Technical Support
Youtube: http://s.dji.com/DJI-Tutorials

2021-11-9
Use props
Popeye1
lvl.4

United Kingdom

JPS-mini2 Posted at 11-9 03:41
I sent an email to the support, and this is what they told me:

Not very helpful. If you can see the footage from the drone during flight, all good. You say about losing connection from the controller to the drone, if this happens after a few minutes the drone will return to home. Are you running Android 12 on your S21 Ultra.
As I can’t even get a live picture from the drone to my phone!!
2021-11-9
Use props
djiuser_Q6W2UuytvQtu
New

United States

I've had the S21 ultra for months and flew my mavic 2 just fine until today???? Now no DJI app at all will work on my phone?? What's that about?
2021-11-22
Use props
Popeye1
lvl.4

United Kingdom

djiuser_Q6W2UuytvQtu Posted at 11-22 20:59
I've had the S21 ultra for months and flew my mavic 2 just fine until today???? Now no DJI app at all will work on my phone?? What's that about?

If it worked fine since the release of Android 12 ( if you are running that) I would uninstall the app, then reinstall see how you get on..
2021-11-22
Use props
djiuser_9qxLU5k8qqUI
New

Greece

#Quick Reply Here#I have the same problem and I wonder why dji does not give an official answer to our question, why does not write in its specifications that they do not work with some devices so that we do not buy their products if we have such a S21 ultra?
2021-11-23
Use props
djiuser_NNAAmP8lXpQG
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I was really looking forward to use my new Samsung S21 Ultra with DJI Fly App. I purchased that phone becouse size and screen brightness.But now I'm very disappointed when I find out that if doesn't work!
I can't see on my Fly app what my Mini2 camera see!!! It's recording and taking pics but I can't see what video & pics I'm taking
2021-11-24
Use props
djiuser_NNAAmP8lXpQG
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I was really looking forward to use my new Samsung S21 Ultra with DJI Fly App. I purchased that phone becouse size and screen brightness.But now I'm very disappointed when I find out that if doesn't work!
I can't see on my Fly app what my Mini2 camera see!!! It's recording and taking pics but I can't see what video & pics I'm taking
2021-11-24
Use props
djiuser_zV0X2lXjZnZO
New

United States

I have an S21 Ultra and everything works fine. Download the DJI Fly APK from their site then rename the download and add the ".apk" extension to the end of the file name. That fixed my instant crash on launch issue. Feed doesn't freeze or drop frames and I can record no problem.
2021-11-25
Use props
djiuser_Q8NDqAZ2aAhz
New
Flight distance : 7559 ft

Israel

DJI fly 1.5.1 again not work with my phone I can see nothing when I use drone
Samsung s21 ultra
2021-11-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi, all.  Sorry for the long waiting and any inconvenience caused during the period. Would you please go to our official website and reinstall the DJI FLY App? Here is the link:
https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2021-11-30
Use props
Davbills
New

France

Hello,
I had an S21 Ultra 5g which I used without any problems with DJI FLY 1.5.0 under ANDROID 11.
When I update my phone to Android 12, nothing works, the application crashes on startup or when it starts, no image return.
The only solution found was to switch my phone back to ANDROID 11 and everything works again.
2021-11-30
Use props
maxineratore
New
Italy

I confirm version 1.5.1 has been updated and on my s21 + it works
2021-11-30
Use props
djiuser_C9bPaGt2GIVl
New
United States

Davbills Posted at 11-30 07:18
Hello,
I had an S21 Ultra 5g which I used without any problems with DJI FLY 1.5.0 under ANDROID 11.
When I update my phone to Android 12, nothing works, the application crashes on startup or when it starts, no image return.

I've never backed down to an older version of software on my phone and my S21 Ultra did the upgrade to 12 - In your experience will they modify the software to work with Android 12 iin a reasonable amount of time?  This seems pretty ridiculous that it won't work on a new phone.
2021-11-30
Use props
djiuser_C9bPaGt2GIVl
New
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-30 03:44
Hi, all.  Sorry for the long waiting and any inconvenience caused during the period. Would you please go to our official website and reinstall the DJI FLY App? Here is the link:
https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

Still doesn't work.  Have uninstalled and reinstalled and still shuts down once you open the app.  Will you have a fix that works on Android 12?  I have the S21 Ultra and would never have purchased the drone if I saw all of the complaints first.
2021-11-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_C9bPaGt2GIVl Posted at 11-30 11:07
Still doesn't work.  Have uninstalled and reinstalled and still shuts down once you open the app.  Will you have a fix that works on Android 12?  I have the S21 Ultra and would never have purchased the drone if I saw all of the complaints first.

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please send us some materials in order to help you?
Include: A video records the issue, your App log,screenshots of the system of your phone, the time when the issue happened (date and time).
You may upload it to Google Drive or Dropbox and then send the link to us through PM.
Thanks in advance.
2021-12-2
Use props
djiuser_cmHo6JuSyS6C
lvl.1
Flight distance : 963228 ft
Poland

Hello everyone.  after updating dji fly 1.5.1 (2025) on samsung s 21 ultra android 12 everything works fine.  Thank you very much
2021-12-2
Use props
Edwin T
Second Officer
Flight distance : 567375 ft
Malaysia

djiuser_C9bPaGt2GIVl Posted at 11-30 11:07
Still doesn't work.  Have uninstalled and reinstalled and still shuts down once you open the app.  Will you have a fix that works on Android 12?  I have the S21 Ultra and would never have purchased the drone if I saw all of the complaints first.

My side tested few times and fly it also with my S21 Ultra (Android 12), no issue so far since the update of 1.5.1 (2025).

Video feed, Gimbal settings, and certain things were tested, just the missing cloud pictures, but should be no problem if you have save it somewhere on your PC or sorts.
2021-12-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules