Take the 2s to the beach?
871 4 2021-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VengefulHemi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3362310 ft
United States

I have had my 2s since april and been doing nothing but buzzing around the neighborhood. I would like to go to the beach with it. This is my very first drone that I ever owned and operated. I feel very comfortable with it. I guess I'm looking for either encouragement, discouragement, suggestions, recommendations, and pretty much any and all insight. Sould I turn off the sensors because of the reflection of the ocean? What height is recommended? Im nervous but excited at the same time. Many thanks to all.
2021-5-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Go for it,  just make sure its not a really windy day.   Use UAV Forecast app to check the weather before you fly.
2021-5-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Take it slow.
Try some small pond or whatever and get comfortable flying there.
I did disable the sensors indeed, but I'm not sure if that is mandatory.
Had 0 issues flying over water.
After a while I dared to go super low.
2021-5-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there VengefulHemi. Good day and thank you for these information you have given. Just a reminder that when flying above the water, the vision positioning function will turn off automatically and only the GPS and barometer are used for positioning, if affected by the accuracy range, and an accident might happen. In addition I will also post a DJI Forum thread on How to Fly Safely Over Water. Thank you and fly safe always.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=181878
2021-5-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not a problem to fly at the beach provided wind conditions are good.  To preclude kicking up sand and possibly get it into the motors I use hand take off and recover while at the beach.  Have fun and fly safely.
2021-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules