2289 8 2021-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RNajmanovich
lvl.2
Canada

Hi,

I would like to suggest some improvements for the next firmware update:

1. Let users choose if they want to store Low Resolution Files (LRF) or not. It eats space in the card and if we're sure we don't plan to use it, why do so? I do wonder if saving the LRF file is taking up additional processing and that processing, if we choose to not save LRF's, could be used instead to film in higher resolution than 1080p in slowmotion for example.

2. Change the folder structure so that if we choose to save the the LRF file, it has .MP4 extension, Perhaps create a LRF folder where the files with the same filename as the full resolution ones are stored, or, better still, add _LRF to the filename, so that all LRF files will end up with _LRF.MP4

3. Allow users to choose timelapses to save only in LRF as a .MP4 when saving JPEG+Video or RAW+Video.

Thank you.
r.
2021-5-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there RNajmanovich. Good day and thank for sharing theses information and for giving out your valued insight with us with regards to this matter. I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI Osmo Pocket 2 and DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you.
2021-5-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very good suggestions!
I'm about to buy a P2 mainly for (motion) timelapses.
How do you like the P2 for that?
2021-5-27
Use props
RNajmanovich
lvl.2
Canada

Montfrooij Posted at 5-27 23:10
Very good suggestions!
I'm about to buy a P2 mainly for (motion) timelapses.
How do you like the P2 for that?

Hi, I really like the Pocket 2. I like the do it all handle, integrated microphone and wider field. I'd suggest to definitely get the creator combo.
2021-5-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

RNajmanovich Posted at 5-28 02:33
Hi, I really like the Pocket 2. I like the do it all handle, integrated microphone and wider field. I'd suggest to definitely get the creator combo.

Thanks.
I'm thinking about getting the regular package first.
I don't need the wireless mic, so it is mostly about the do it all handle.
I figured I better start filming now and save more to get the do it all handle after some months.
Not 100% sure, but that is a bit of a plan for me.
2021-5-28
Use props
RNajmanovich
lvl.2
Canada

Montfrooij Posted at 5-28 03:05
Thanks.
I'm thinking about getting the regular package first.
I don't need the wireless mic, so it is mostly about the do it all handle.

Cool. In my case, all my filming is done with the Pocket 2 (and the pocket 1 before that). That includes vlogging, b-roll (see below) etc. So the built in wireless mic was great as is the wider field of view. I use my iPhone for a few cool effects like filming in wet conditions like watering a bonsai tree or with the stage lights effect in portrait mode.

2021-5-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

RNajmanovich Posted at 5-28 04:24
Cool. In my case, all my filming is done with the Pocket 2 (and the pocket 1 before that). That includes vlogging, b-roll (see below) etc. So the built in wireless mic was great as is the wider field of view. I use my iPhone for a few cool effects like filming in wet conditions like watering a bonsai tree or with the stage lights effect in portrait mode.
https://youtu.be/PE74La1tU70

Wow, that actually looks superb.
I like the DOF you are getting with the P2 as well.
What Freewell filters do you have?
2021-5-28
Use props
RNajmanovich
lvl.2
Canada

Montfrooij Posted at 5-28 05:14
Wow, that actually looks superb.
I like the DOF you are getting with the P2 as well.
What Freewell filters do you have?

I have the original wide angle lens from Freewell and that gives a slightly better wider view than the DJI one that comes with the Pocket 2 (not sure if only with the creator combo or standard) but not by far. I also have a ND filter set from Neewer, cheaper than Freewell and they are fine. Lastly, I have a macro lens from Ulanzi that I am quite happy with. I used it in several of the close ups.
2021-5-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

RNajmanovich Posted at 5-28 07:30
I have the original wide angle lens from Freewell and that gives a slightly better wider view than the DJI one that comes with the Pocket 2 (not sure if only with the creator combo or standard) but not by far. I also have a ND filter set from Neewer, cheaper than Freewell and they are fine. Lastly, I have a macro lens from Ulanzi that I am quite happy with. I used it in several of the close ups.

Nice.
I will store this for possible future purchases
2021-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules