Video Pixelating
1543 14 2015-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alanbates12
lvl.1

United States

I've got the P3P and using an ipad mini 2 and I've noticed pixelating. I've been reserching for the past week and cant find a fix to my problem. Seem like it does it in all settings. The video will do fine then all the sudden the pixelating starts. Once it was like it locked up then it was very choppy. Today I went on a long flight and it did good on the flight out, but the return the video was very choppy and would pixelat. Thought it may be a heat issue so I'd let it cool off and try again but it would do the same thing. When I open the dji pilot app it says my firmware is up to date. And I've tried all the different modes, mov, jpeg, chang the video to the lowest setting..... Can someone please help
2015-7-19
Use props
alanbates12
lvl.1

United States

Bump.........
2015-7-20
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

I have the same issue on occasion. I also have some frame jump. It is smooth and like every 5 seconds it seems to speed through the frames. I am going to try and reformat my my sd card. I don't know what else to do either.
2015-7-21
Use props
mackie1604
lvl.2

United States

jimcloud74@yaho Posted at 2015-7-22 11:22
I have the same issue on occasion. I also have some frame jump. It is smooth and like every 5 second ...

Same issue here on a Brand New iPad Mini 3 this weekend.....Video could stall, then pixelate and jump ahead.  Really hard to fly when it does this....scary actually.
2015-7-21
Use props
Mudcon
lvl.3

United States

same here, I hope the new firmware WHEN it comes out will fix,  didnt have this til I updated firmware
2015-7-22
Use props
jguay64
lvl.1

United States

Try putting your iPad Mini into airplane mode. By doing this it stops all other communication interference, I've had luck doing this.  
2015-7-22
Use props
drone_lad
lvl.3

United States

I was experiencing that exact same issue with my iPad AIR, along with intense overheating. I switched out to my iPhone 6 PLUS and problem went away. I did notice also that in 4K that seems to be an issue, so I dialed it down to 1080P and 60FPS and have not had any issues at all.

Cheers,
Vic
2015-7-22
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

drone_lad Posted at 2015-7-22 22:46
I was experiencing that exact same issue with my iPad AIR, along with intense overheating. I switche ...

I only notice it in playback. It happens on multiple computers so I am afraid it is in the file of the recording and not in the tablet.
2015-7-22
Use props
alanbates12
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for all the response. I've actually contacted DJI and went through some troubleshooting steps:
1: In the General Settings menu I enabled the Hardware Decode
2: I've went under Image Transmission Setting and changed to custom and I've ran it on auto
So after doing this it still does the flickering, frame jumping... I know a few folks have suggested going to 180dpi 60fps. I've not tried that guess one of the main reasons I bought the Pro was the 4k camera. Maybe DJI is working on this and it will be out in an update soon. Guess we all need to call DJI and let them know there is an issue...

2015-7-25
Use props
alanbates12
lvl.1

United States

Sick of this. Went out this am and the same thing. I need my Phantom 2 Vision Plus back or a fix to this problem>
2015-7-26
Use props
PanshDrone
New

United States

been having the same issue since purchase. SMH
2015-7-26
Use props
dji.blitzk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1752986 ft
  • >>>
United States

Airplane mode (cache maps first, if you need them), hardware decode, and disable video cache....   And every now and then is still looks crappy, but not too too bad.  If, when I get the HDMI board, it looks the same, I wont be happy...   Oh, and it shouldn't matter if you have your camera set to record 4k, 1080p/i, etc...  Lightbridge on 2/4ghz is only 720p.
2015-7-28
Use props
david.p.mann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

All,

Please see my response in this thread to, hopefully, greatly improve your HD Link video performance:  http://forum.dji.com/thread-24950-1-1.html
2015-7-28
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here are some more tips that should improve the experience on Apple devices:
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/how-to-optimize-apple-device-for-best-dji-pilot-app-performance.48388

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-7-28
Use props
alanbates12
lvl.1

United States

Had some flight issues, internal IMU, the store replaced my P3P. Have made one video and it looks great so far. Will check again and post
2015-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules