Please support extra large fonts!
1714 5 2021-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
deanlm
lvl.2
United States

Betaflight supports Extra Large fonts which I use all the time for analog FPV because of poor vision.

When connecting my HomeFPV Wingsuit S with the CADDX vista to Betaflight (my first DJI/CADDX digital drone) the font manager is grayed out so I cannot load the Extra Large fonts I normally use.

Please add support for font uploads like is available for analog FPV.

I would like larger fonts on the goggle interface too but I expect that to be more complicated.

If the font manager works on other drones someone please tell me this is the case and that it is a HomFPV problem not DJI/CADDX.  I cannot seem to find any information about whether the font manager should work for the DJI FPV OSD setup.  All the YouTube vidoes talking about the OSD with DJI/CADDX cover up the font manager with a video picture-in-picture of the YouTuber so I cannot tell if the font manager is greayed out in those videos.
2021-5-29
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

You might get more replies if you move the thread to FPV Series. This forum is for the new FPV drone.
You can move the thread by editing your original post. There's a drop down list above and on the left side above the text entry window.
2021-5-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there deanlm. Good day and thank you for these information you have shared with us. I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI FPV and DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support and fly safe always.
2021-5-30
Use props
deanlm
lvl.2
United States

Here are some screen captures of Betaflight with normal font, Extra Large Font, and the Font Manager (started from the lower right in the Betaflight OSD page).  Note that there is a pulldown menu that lets you pick the Extra Large font just above the OSD graphic.  However, to actually have the font show up in the analog goggles you have to use the Font Manager to download the correct font to the drone first.

2021-5-31
Use props
deanlm
lvl.2
United States

Font Locations in BetaflightConfigurator

Here is a screen capture showing the location of fonts in the BetaflightConfigurator package on my MAC.
FontLocationInBetaflightMACPackageCrop.png
2021-5-31
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

DJI isn't going to do squat. They are done supporting any enhancements for the DJI FPV system.  DJI just says the same old stuff since July 2020.
2021-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules