First Drone - buying advice Mavic Mini v Mini 2
958 13 2021-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Quasiones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2575 ft
United Kingdom

I've toyed with buying a drone for a while and have been considering a Mini 2 but notice the original a mini fly more is now on sale in UK for ~£200 less (£359 v £549) .  As a first toe in the water in the world of drones is this a good buy?
2021-5-31
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

can try mini but make sure you put in a lot of flights outside to find out if the unit has prop strike issue. Some mini front props strike the fuselage due to flexible front arm vibrating too much.
2021-5-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Quasiones. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. For additional reference I will post a link where in you can compare both the specifications of the DJI Mavic Mini to the DJI Mini 2 and to other DJI consumer drones as well ( https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav ). Have a safe and a happy flying always.

2021-5-31
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The original Mini is much less of a drone.
It's underpowered, slow and has trouble dealing with wind.
It also uses crummy, old-tech wifi for the control signal, which is very limited.
The Mini 2 is at least twice the drone and a much, much better choice.
2021-5-31
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11289 ft
Finland

For me, the capacity of the mini wifi is good here in the countryside. There have been no problems with the Mini, I'm just hobbyist. My computer can't handle even 2.7K or 4K.Certainly the Mini 2 is better. According to the forum, there have also been problems with the Mini 2.I fly visually to the drone, I don’t need a multi-mile flight.If there was no shortage of money I would buy MA 2Sorry for poor English, Goole translator
2021-5-31
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

If i may advice you ; don`t buy a mini1, go for a mini2.

Mini1 is a) underpowered and b) some random hardware failures wich result is a unwanted landing.

cheers
JJB
2021-5-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

UK Here,  Mini 2 is the way to go,    the original doesn't have ocusync which makes a huge difference in signal to the drone,  in some places the mini 1 will disconnect at a few hundred meters, OC2 gives you 5000 feet easily.
2021-5-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

To be honest, the M2 is quite a step up and will be more fun in the longer run.
Mainly because the connection is better and the drone itself is more powerful!
2021-5-31
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have had both. I would advise you to go for the Mini 2, as the other guys say it has a number of advantages over the Mini 1.
2021-5-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've had both Mini and Mini 2.  Speaking from experience go with Mini 2 for the win.  Mini 2 is more powerful and has a much better connection.  Definitely worth the extra money.  
2021-6-1
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

I only have an original Mini, but if I were buying today, between the Mini and the Mini 2, get the Mini 2 - no question about it.  For all the reasons already stated.
2021-6-1
Use props
Zed_Br
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168727 ft
Brazil

I have a Mini 1 and I'm very happy with it, but for new buyers, I'd suggest you to go to Mini 2... it has more features for shooting pictures and a better image resolutions compared with Mini 1.
2021-6-1
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

They mad the mini 2 for a reason. Is the upgrade better and worth it.  YEP!.
2021-6-1
Use props
Quasiones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2575 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks all!  Looks like it is Mini 2 or nothing.  Now wondering if I will get £550 value from a drone given the ever decreasing number of places they can be flown.
2021-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules