Smart Controller and Mavic Air 2 connection issue
529 3 2021-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Majama
New
Flight distance : 113041 ft

United States

I recently purchased a used smart controller. The person who had it before told me that he was flying it fine wih his Mavic Air 2 without any problem at all. He reset it to factory settings before giving it to me. Once I got home I updated it to the latest version, and now it is very difficult to connect it to the Mavic Air 2, and once it is connected, it will not stay connected more that 4 mins, whether I am flying it or not. When I switched to the regular controller, I can fly with no issues wherever I am.
I am suspecting the new software update but I can not comfirm that, neither can I downgrade it. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciate it.
Thanks.
2021-5-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to update/refresh the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2 software to see if the issue persists? You may also turn on the Wi-Fi of your DJI Smart controller after updating the aircraft and check if there is available new updates for the DJI Fly app. You may refer to the link below for you to download the said software. Thank you for your support!

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic
2021-5-31
Use props
Majama
New
Flight distance : 113041 ft

United States

Thanks so much for the quick reply. I was searching on YouTube and got the same advice. I performed the refresh via the DJI Assistant 2 and I did update the DJI Fly app, turned off the smart controller, turned it back on, I was able to connect it to the DJI Mavic Air 2, rather quickly this time, but it only stayed connected for about 4 mins. I turned off and back on and now I can not connect it again.
Thanks for your assistance.
Majama
2021-5-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Majama Posted at 5-31 21:14
Thanks so much for the quick reply. I was searching on YouTube and got the same advice. I performed the refresh via the DJI Assistant 2 and I did update the DJI Fly app, turned off the smart controller, turned it back on, I was able to connect it to the DJI Mavic Air 2, rather quickly this time, but it only stayed connected for about 4 mins. I turned off and back on and now I can not connect it again.
Thanks for your assistance.
Majama

Hi Majama, may I check if the connection is normal now? If it still disconnects to the drone after 4 mins, please let us know, help to provide a video of the issue, and export the flight log from the drone via DJI Assistant 2 for further confirmation.
2021-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules