Can Manual Flying Keep Up with Active Track?
777 8 2021-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Shots like the ones you can get with Active Track are possible with a little patience as there are no automated tracking modes on DJI Mini 2, but who needs those when they can fly them in manual, let me know what you think?

2021-6-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Henrik Olsen. Good day and thank you for posting this interesting video you have created. Nicely done and thank you for your support.
2021-6-1
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

If someone else controls the drone to film me, I don't need ActivTracking either ...
But if I want to film and follow myself, it's very difficult without ActiveTracking - so yes, it would be a great function!
2021-6-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done Henrik.    Unfortunately, when alone you can't track yourself while riding a bike.  Maybe when SDK comes out Litchi will make this possible.  
2021-6-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks very good!
2021-6-1
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Denmark

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-1 03:17
Nicely done Henrik.    Unfortunately, when alone you can't track yourself while riding a bike.  Maybe when SDK comes out Litchi will make this possible.

That will take the mini 2 to the next level :-)
2021-6-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Henrik Olsen Posted at 6-1 06:46
That will take the mini 2 to the next level :-)

Agreed.  
2021-6-2
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

If you don't plan to track yourself on a bicycle but tracking a moving object, then of course manual flying is always better and is much more fun. Don't expect too much with Active Track if that should work with the Mini2 (and Litchi) in the future. With Litchi on Mini1 active track is not that good, it often loses the object pretty quickly. Follow Me is very much better, smooth and stable and you theoretically are able to follow from a distance of hundreds of meters.
2021-6-2
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Denmark

I know :-) made multiple videos about mini and Litchi - i did manage to track my self on my Electric Unicycle
2021-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules