Please implement Full Lock | Tilt Lock error
1337 4 2021-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DEFredEricS
New

Germany

Hi,

I am aware that the Osmo Pocket 2 has a full lock mode, which can be triggered either by keeping the function button pressed or by using the controller wheel or extension rod add-ons - the latter not being possible when using the Pocket 2 in its accessory mount. However, there is no way to set the gimbal to permanently lock onto a specific point without activating active track. Active track automitcally centers the tracked object which is not always the desired result. Since the full lock mode is already available, why not make it accessable in the gimbal settings and allow to manually set the tilt of the gimbal as in tilt locked mode?

And that brings me to my second issue - tilt lock. This worked perfectly on my motorbike the first couple of times I used the Pocket 2. I have it mounted to my chest with the accessory mount and a Chesty. I then center the gimbal, select tilt lock and adjust the tilt to have my handlebars just at the bottom of the screen. As I said, this worked fine the first couple of uses. However now, after I've adjusted it as mentioned before, it starts moving down during the ride and then back up to the original position, kind of as if it where losing its original position and then just readjusting to somewhere else and then going back to the original position. This happens regardless of speed, acceleration, battery charge or body movement. Any tips on what to do?

Cheers,

Fred
2021-6-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Fred. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Again, thank you for your support and keep filming.
2021-6-8
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Full lock simpy means the the gimbal head stays pointing in one direction, regardless of the movement of the handle.  If you have full lock on and the camera is pointing at an object close to you, and you move the camera to the left or right or up or down, it will point to the left or right or up or down of the object.  It doesn't stay pointing at the object - that's not what locking is about.
2021-6-9
Use props
DEFredEricS
New

Germany

fansfe82067d Posted at 6-9 06:58
Full lock simpy means the the gimbal head stays pointing in one direction, regardless of the movement of the handle.  If you have full lock on and the camera is pointing at an object close to you, and you move the camera to the left or right or up or down, it will point to the left or right or up or down of the object.  It doesn't stay pointing at the object - that's not what locking is about.

Hey there,

thanks for replying. That is not how the full lock on the Pocket 2 works though. I tested it again to verify just now - it stays fixated on the exact point it was facing when pressing the functions button, no matter how I move the handle - exactly what I need, except that I have keep the button pressed
Cheers,

Fred
2021-6-9
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

IF you have the little joystick attachment, long press the button to the right of the joystick, then let go and it will stay locked without the button being held.  That was added in the last firmware so make sure yours is up to date.   I'd still describe it as pointing in a locked orientation but not locked on a point, but whatever - so long as it does what you want!
2021-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules