Ronin- S Won't update, joystick not working
6548 18 2021-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jimmy_realreach
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24180 ft
United States

Hello, joystick stopped working so I thought I'd try to update the firmware, unsuccessfull after many,many many tries.  Loads to 87% and message is about the gimbal . Also the app reads 0% battery and it's fully charged
2021-6-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi jimmy, could you please tell us more details about the joystick issue? A video about this problem will be appreciated. And please also provide us some screenshots to check what error message you got during the firmware upgrade process. In addition, may I know what happened to the device before this issue occurred?
2021-6-10
Use props
jimmy_realreach
lvl.1
United States

Hi,  No damage or drops occurred prior to his issue happening, it was in the middle of an all day shoot, it worked in the AM and stopped later in the day
See video and screenshots Video .       screen record
2021-6-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jimmy_realreach Posted at 6-11 05:08
Hi,  No damage or drops occurred prior to his issue happening, it was in the middle of an all day shoot, it worked in the AM and stopped later in the day
See video and screenshots Video [view_image][view_image]. [view_image]      screen record

Thanks for the pictures. In this case, please change to another cable and try to upgrade again to see if it works. In addition, please clean the contacts between the gimbal and the battery.
2021-6-12
Use props
jimmy_realreach
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-12 01:15
Thanks for the pictures. In this case, please change to another cable and try to upgrade again to see if it works. In addition, please clean the contacts between the gimbal and the battery.

cleaned the contacts with alcohol and tried several cables, one has DJI QR Code on it.   Same results.
2021-6-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

jimmy_realreach Posted at 6-13 10:45
cleaned the contacts with alcohol and tried several cables, one has DJI QR Code on it.   Same results.

Hi Jimmy, we are sorry for the difficulties have caused you. This issue has been reported to our related team. We will reply to you once there is any feedback or update. Thanks for your patience.
2021-6-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

jimmy_realreach Posted at 6-13 10:45
cleaned the contacts with alcohol and tried several cables, one has DJI QR Code on it.   Same results.

Hi Jimmy, May we know whether the app could control your Ronin-s or not? Thanks for your response.
2021-6-14
Use props
fans247917e6
New
Flight distance : 20935 ft
Tanzania

Had the same issue except i can control joystick on the app

Please assist
2021-9-2
Use props
fans247917e6
New
Flight distance : 20935 ft
Japan

My ronin s joystick stop working trigger button not working app show 0% while the grip is full. Had trouble updating firmware but after several attempts it update successfully
If i try to move it with app it move just fine
image.jpg
image.jpg
2021-9-2
Use props
krissnoova
New

Nigeria

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-10 23:46
Hi jimmy, could you please tell us more details about the joystick issue? A video about this problem will be appreciated. And please also provide us some screenshots to check what error message you got during the firmware upgrade process. In addition, may I know what happened to the device before this issue occurred?

I currently experience this issue tried heaven and earth software solutions still no hope
2021-9-20
Use props
krissnoova
New

Nigeria

please has this been resolve? My gimbal is having this issue and have tried all means possible.
2021-9-20
Use props
jimmy_realreach
lvl.1
United States

Took it on a shoot and ended up using my phone because it was crap!

krissnoova Posted at 9-20 06:32
please has this been resolve? My gimbal is having this issue and have tried all means possible.

No, I got busy with other projects and I still have a broken gimbal.  I would like to just ship it back and not go through these hoops of screenshots and video of the issue.  Poor customer service for sure!!!  
2021-9-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

krissnoova Posted at 9-20 06:32

Hi krissnoova, may I confirm that whether you mean the gimbal has no response to the joystick? Can you update/refresh the firmware successfully? And please also check if you can control the gimbal through the app?
2021-9-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jimmy_realreach Posted at 9-20 06:38
No, I got busy with other projects and I still have a broken gimbal.  I would like to just ship it back and not go through these hoops of screenshots and video of the issue.  Poor customer service for sure!!!

Hi jimmy, sorry for the inconvenience caused. I just want to confirm more details of your case so that we can locate the cause. If it's not convenient to provide this information, you can also start a case through the link below and send it for diagnosis and repair. http://www.dji.com/support
2021-9-23
Use props
Zeipai
New

Finland

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem - joystick button doesn´t work and firmware update gives same kind of error messages. Could you please publish solution, this seems to be common problem. Everything works fine with app.
2021-10-3
Use props
emiliesav
New

United States

Exact same issue as well. I've only used the device a couple of times and it decided not to work during a paid gig.
2022-1-4
Use props
fansdf90957a
New
France

Hi to all, just solved the issue but i dont know exactly how…i think part of the problem is the battery, specially if you didn’used for a while. I tried to update firmware a lot of times, failing on all, and i unplugged the usb cable in the middle of one. The battery stayed unresponsive but with 2 central leds illuminated. I tried to change the battery, same problem. Returned to the battery with the led problem, tried to update and: first fail, second success. After the update, normal response to joystick and all features operative. So…i dont know exactly what happened and what solved the problem. Hope to help someone….
2022-4-22
Use props
AdamDrummond
New
Australia

Did DJI end up working this out? My Ronin-S joystick is unresponsive and the balance test connects but doesn’t end - the cog wheel just keeps spinning
2023-8-24
Use props
jimmy_realreach
lvl.1
United States

I gave up, it's in the back of a closet somewhere.  Waste of money
2023-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules