483 1 2021-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf0a89141
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17470771 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Well let me say first off I've been flying for over five years with different manufacturers and am licensed.  I've got well over 2500 flights and well over 250 hours logged.

In October last year I decided to take the plunge and buy a small fleight costing 7500 dollars comsisting of mavic 2 consisting of a pro and a zoom and all of the trimmings of course. Well from the first month it has been a nightmare with motor issues, gimbal issues, vision sensor issues and battery issues which is what has brought me here today.

I'm at my wits end three months ago my zoom decided to lose power mid flight and fall not feet away  from me as I came in to land. Thankfully my kids where not with me or in the vicinity as it would have severly hurt someone.I reported this to dji and sent the unit in not knowing myself what was the cause. Well at first dji denied my claim as the logs went dead obviously due to power loss. I contested this judgement tooth and nail and was finally awarded my claim due to battery failure. A month goes past and I get my replacement delivered. Well for starters I immedialty have gimbal  issues  as it says overloaded and goes limp for lack of a better term. This only occurs when I put a ND filter on it. Couple more flights go by and falls from the sky again only this time after taking off and about 400ft away. Then unit falls out of the sky and lands on some railway tracks. By the time I got there it had been obliterated by a train which had passed by in that time. The battery however did escape the wrath of the train. After investigating I discovered the four ground pins where arced and or burnt right off. I will also add that the next to new claim on replacements is severly in accurate. After cleaning up the pieces of mavic I discovered close to a foot of heatshrink and several soldering points that looked to have more flux than solder I'm no pro. These however connections look far from reliable and scream failure from the beginning. I've also sent detailed pictures of that aswell. There is also a clear coating on most of the board I'm assuming for water repellency? Why not spend the extra 25 cents an dip the whole thing to get that ipx rating. I mean we are paying 1500 ish for something that costs pennies to the dollar to make?

I made the claim with dji over one month ago. I have sent my info in 4 times now aswell as pictures of everything but continue to get asked for my info again, and then I email saying it's been two days since dji has heard from me.meanwhile I haven't heard from the previous email I sent yet. There is a fault in a batch of batteries or has to be as the first and second crash are identical in nature and the batteries bought at the same location and time. I know this is not an uncommon thing either as it's all over other forums. Which leads me to say for shame and I hope no one has or gets hurt with their ignorance in rectifying this know issue. I feel in light of this issue transport Canada should make all drones over 250g have to pass the certification for flight over people. This therefore putting the liability on the manufacturer making quality and Integrity more of a thing and not just about building the as cheap as possible. That's what needs to happen if manufacturers aren't going to be responsible
and fix these problems which have been brought forward then they must be governed to do so. I mean in good faith would they not feel aweful had my drone or someone else's landed on a child's or adults head at that velocity? At what point do you keep sweeping that under the rug until that actually happens. It's irresponsible of dji and their lack of response increases that look of ignorance or lack of appreciation of human life. Drastic? You haven't seen a drone hit the ground as hard as I have.

This has been unacceptable behavior. Now on. Dji site it says what about damaged batteries as their severly violitle if they ground out or ignite. All of the evidence or most of it is the battery.there is no log as like before it shows fine up until the power loss giving an inconclusive answer.  Now I've been asked to send it in that I would receive a shipping label in two days. After three requests I finally get one but now no answer on the battery. The drone is in a million piecespiled in it's nanuk case. It will serve no purposes except to visualize it was indeed once a drone. I've sent pictures of it aswell as serial number pictures. The battery I've sent pictures of the burnt contacts aswell as lot numbers. I can't get am answer from Dji at all as I won't be liable sending a defective battery going up in flames. And as it seems neither will dji or the first occurrence there would've been a recall issued for said lot and batch of batteries. Which possibly could have avoided the second.

Curiousity got me investigating further and took some weights of all 8 of my batteries....curiousity. The differ up to 8 grams in difference!.Where's the quality control I'm not saying that's effecting anything but it sure doesn't make it lighter. The propellars as much as .75 this one has to effect something as I'm sure they aren't balanced as they should be to avoid motor vibration as well as structural vibration.Not to mention efficiency. I feel that I have been severly taken advantage of as I've paid a premium price for a no where close to premium product o e that which won't even make right or haven't so far.

I'm waiting for dji to give me an answer. Btw my batteries are all in great condition and have zero swelling. They also have been maintenanced.
I could catalogue each piece and send it to dji to try and speed things up but I can't get an answer. My goal here is to get my replacement.

I've also got a pro that also needs to be replaced as it's got this whine that has developed which has grounded that one aswell. It also probably has damage done to the connections on it due to having that faulty battery being cycled through it aswell. I can't get an answer on that either. All and all I have been through 6 mavics in about 8 months all being warranty issues.

Now I used to love dji but honestly were paying dollars to the penny for your products that cost a fraction to make. Does anyone else see the problem with this pricing. The build quality is something of an air hog. I'm asking that I can gety replacemrents sent out and that their actual units In a box as I've done your next to new units and they are unacceptable to say the least.
2021-6-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience you encountered. We managed to find out your case number and noticed that our support has replied to your email saying he has submitted a data analysis request. Please check if you received that email. If the analysis result comes out, you will receive an email notification. Hope you can wait patiently.
2021-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules