Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Disable Beeping !
12345678Next >
34897 297 2021-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105285 ft
Portugal

I would Very Much like it to be able to Turn Off the Beep at the Mini 2 controller ! It attracts an awfull lot of (unwanted !) attention during RTH, and the further the drone is away the more people start staring at me (you). This beeping at the contrtoller is not usefull anyway since you know what is going on so it has no positive effect, only negative ones. "You are not allowed to fly a drone in this country, you need a policelicense for that", somebody even called the police, etc, etc.

Just some extra infos about my experiences :
- I tried 3 layers of ducttape at the loudspeaker but that does not have much effect. It seems the whole controllerbody acts like a loudspeakerhousing.
- I even removed the neckstrap. Why ? People do not notice you flying your drone. Until they see a neckstrap. Or when the beeper starts screaming. Then they (almost all) realise that "thing" is not just only a mobile phone. All I mean is that one should take care to attract the Least attention possible, not the max !

2021-6-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Wilfried5719. Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately, this option is currently not available. We do appreciate your feedback regarding this feature and we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI Mini 2.
2021-6-11
Use props
Photo Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 456201 ft
Canada

This should be done immediately.
Just one beep or even one beep once a minute.
I hate it myself.
2021-6-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I totally want this!
2021-6-11
Use props
Switch639
lvl.4
Germany

agreed nothing more irritating, I can't use RTH function cause I can't disturb my ears
2021-6-11
Use props
Eheran
lvl.2

Germany

Indeed, I cant use RTH due to the beeping, I just cant stand it.
Same with low battery, let me confirm that I know its low and stop beeping. The beeping alone makes it 10x harder to land safely due to the stress.
2021-6-11
Use props
bocian666
lvl.2
Flight distance : 708133 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-11 05:12
Hi, Wilfried5719. Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately, this option is currently not available. We do appreciate your feedback regarding this feature and we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI Mini 2.

I have asked the same question when I bought mavic pro about 3 years ago , answer was similar and nothing is done since. Why this time should be different?.
2021-6-11
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

Hi, Wilfried5719. Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately, this option is currently not available. We do appreciate your feedback regarding this feature and we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI Mini 2.

Updating this beep should be very easy since it is software-controlled so adding 1 button in the app will do. I hope Dji realises how problematic this alarmsound actually is in daily practice ! It is always triggering lots of very wrong attention and (so) discussions with locals who however have no idea about (ie) the new european general arrangement on drones per jan 1st. There principle is "Local says No" and some even call the police !
2021-6-11
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

Hi, Wilfried5719. Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately, this option is currently not available. We do appreciate your feedback regarding this feature and we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI Mini 2.

Updating this beep should be very easy since it is software-controlled so adding 1 button in the app will do. I hope Dji realises how problematic this alarmsound actually is in daily practice ! It is always triggering lots of very wrong attention and (so) discussions with locals who however have no idea about (ie) the new european general arrangement on drones per jan 1st. There principle is "Local says No" and some even call the police !
2021-6-11
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

2021-6-11
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

Updating this beep should be very easy since it is software-controlled so adding 1 button in the app will do. I fully agree with others about being the beeper very annyoing but that is to my opinion the smallest problem. Then this alarmsound actually is always triggering lots of very wrong attention and (so) discussions with locals who however have no idea about (ie) the new european general arrangement on drones per jan 1st. There principle is "Local says No" and some even call the police !
2021-6-11
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

bocian666 Posted at 6-11 11:11
I have asked the same question when I bought mavic pro about 3 years ago , answer was similar and nothing is done since. Why this time should be different?.

Too bad ! I just can't understand why Dji offers there name for something as easy to solve like this.
2021-6-11
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

Too bad ! I just can't understand why Dji offers there name for something as easy to solve like this.
2021-6-11
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

2021-6-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 Id like this too.
2021-6-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

+1, this needs to be done immediately.  Should be an easy software fix.  
2021-6-12
Use props
D.K.777
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9810 ft
Ukraine

+. There must be opportunity to choose "mute" option while RTH. DJI Team, please look closer at this thing. Regards.
2021-6-12
Use props
Ontario Drone
lvl.4
Canada

Like most the constant beeping is a pain.  I think after the first 30 beeps the message has been totally received and acknowledged that I have 20% battery left.  I tend to land shortly after it starts just to stop listening to it.  Once landed I use up a chunk of whatever battery is left to review photos and video just taken.
2021-6-12
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

There is a program you can use to silence the Mavic Pro remote, its called Silencio and is great, it doesnt work for the Mini 2 though

https://dufo.be/silencio/

2021-6-13
Use props
Railfan-Eric
lvl.2
Flight distance : 512782 ft
United States

Eheran Posted at 6-11 06:38
Indeed, I cant use RTH due to the beeping, I just cant stand it.
Same with low battery, let me confirm that I know its low and stop beeping. The beeping alone makes it 10x harder to land safely due to the stress.

What's worse is trying to record a video a train with the camcorder and the drone and the drone controller starts beeping and ruins the audio on the ground shot with the camcorder.   If I'm not mistaken I think turning the volume down on the phone solves most of these problems.  
2021-6-13
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

the remote beeps, not the phone..
2021-6-14
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148419 ft
  • >>>
United States

What’s the point of the beeping?  Is it just there to annoy customers?
2021-6-14
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

Exactly. Like "Hey, i'm a DJI drone, look here!"
2021-6-14
Use props
booghi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 218648 ft

Romania

We can disassemble the controller and destroy the speaker ... or just unsolder it, in case we want to put it back later.
2021-6-15
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

booghi Posted at 6-15 13:04
We can disassemble the controller and destroy the speaker ... or just unsolder it, in case we want to put it back later.

I tried that already but unfortunately the controller can not be disassembled without special tools. It is not assembled by screws, at least I don't find any.
2021-6-15
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

Railfan-Eric Posted at 6-13 22:00
What's worse is trying to record a video a train with the camcorder and the drone and the drone controller starts beeping and ruins the audio on the ground shot with the camcorder.   If I'm not mistaken I think turning the volume down on the phone solves most of these problems.

Unfortunately the beep is Not coming out of the phone. The phone I use even has a defect loudspeaker. The beepersound is also Not located in any Dji (sub)directory at the phone as a file.
2021-6-15
Use props
jonny007
lvl.4
Germany

Wilfried5719 Posted at 6-15 21:17
I tried that already but unfortunately the controller can not be disassembled without special tools. It is not assembled by screws, at least I don't find any.

DJI doesn't do anything. I unsoldered the disgusting buzzer on the RC of the Mini1, the Mini2 is similar. If you want to destroy the buzzer or seal it with hot glue, this is even easier with the Mini2 RC, because it can be accessed immediately after opening (see 0:50 in the video...the black round component above the sheet metal. ). With the Mini1 RC you have to loosen more connections and cables to get to the circuit board with the buzzer. Maybe https://drone-hacks.com/ is also a possibility ... if you dare ;-)

2021-6-16
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

jonny007 Posted at 6-16 02:26
DJI doesn't do anything. I unsoldered the disgusting buzzer on the RC of the Mini1, the Mini2 is similar. If you want to destroy the buzzer or seal it with hot glue, this is even easier with the Mini2 RC, because it can be accessed immediately after opening (see 0:50 in the video...the black round component above the sheet metal. ). With the Mini1 RC you have to loosen more connections and cables to get to the circuit board with the buzzer. Maybe https://drone-hacks.com/ is also a possibility ... if you dare ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKdMerETI1g

Thanks for sharing ! I thought the controller was clicked to close. I will wait for one next update to see if it got silent. If not I will for sure block the beeper with 5 layers of tape (to start with). As I did before with another controller.
2021-6-16
Use props
I88K4S
lvl.2
Flight distance : 979094 ft
South Africa

I almost never use the RTH feature for this very reason, I live in a dangerous country and would prefer not advertising the fact that I am piloting an expensive flying camera! At least give us the ability to mute it by accepting a disclaimer or perhaps make it beep only once every 30 to 60 seconds.
2021-6-17
Use props
jonny007
lvl.4
Germany

Wilfried5719 Posted at 6-16 02:45
Thanks for sharing ! I thought the controller was clicked to close. I will wait for one next update to see if it got silent. If not I will for sure block the beeper with 5 layers of tape (to start with). As I did before with another controller.

I will wait for one next update to see if it got silent.

Not in a lifetime or in 1000 years. It is more likely that Portugal will win 10-0 against Germany on Saturday.  ;-) Incidentally, I also tried it with tape first, but it hardly worked. That's why I completely unsoldered the buzzer.
2021-6-17
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

jonny007 Posted at 6-17 05:30
I will wait for one next update to see if it got silent.

Not in a lifetime or in 1000 years. It is more likely that Portugal will win 10-0 against Germany on Saturday.  ;-) Incidentally, I also tried it with tape first, but it hardly worked. That's why I completely unsoldered the buzzer.

The body does (also) have clickhooks all around, I guess at least 20 or so. What is your trick to get them all open together ? I gave up after 3 and the body then was already damaged a bit. In the meantime I completely filled the venthole with glue (ie 5 layers or so). Just put in 1 layer, turn it upside down to dry, put on the next layer etc. Then I put 5 layers of ducttape over it. That helps some 50% so 3db. Now it sounds almost acceptable (when in a rumerous situation). But a Mute is mandatory if in a more silent situation.
2021-6-17
Use props
GregT.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 445971 ft
Netherlands

The whole reason why it is beeping is so you want to have it down on the ground as quickly as possible.
Yes its dreadful, but it is also a safety warning.
2021-6-17
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Wilfried5719 Posted at 6-11 13:19

It's not about being hard to address, it's that DJI believes this is a safety issue, and I have to begrudgingly agree with them. The simplest solution is to fly home and land manually. You should then consider RTH as a last resort fallback.
2021-6-17
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

GregT. Posted at 6-17 09:57
The whole reason why it is beeping is so you want to have it down on the ground as quickly as possible.
Yes its dreadful, but it is also a safety warning.

The RTH function is an automatic function. We (and the beeping) have no influence on it. I am very glad my car does not beep during RTH when it is low on fuel. I suppose one knows what is going on when flying, also (especially !) if anything gets critical. For me the beeping makes things worse. It attracts the wrong attentions and it spoils my concentration.
2021-6-17
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

Ex Machina Posted at 6-17 10:12
It's not about being hard to address, it's that DJI believes this is a safety issue, and I have to begrudgingly agree with them. The simplest solution is to fly home and land manually. You should then consider RTH as a last resort fallback.
Using RTH is the best and most easiest way with the least risc to fly home since it works automatically. Please be aware Dji is badly compatible with most android phones. Only some 30 are recommended ! All versions of Fly can not even present me the locationindicator ! RTH does the job ! With 6dB earplugs ...
2021-6-17
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

Wilfried5719 Posted at 6-17 10:30
Using RTH is the best and most easiest way with the least risc to fly home since it works automatically. Please be aware Dji is badly compatible with most android phones. Only some 30 are recommended ! All versions of Fly can not even present me the locationindicator ! RTH does the job ! With 6dB earplugs ...

Ugh. I'd be more concerned about lacking a compatible phone -- who knows what else is non-functional if yours can't even display the location indicator? I'm guessing that DJI won't honor your warranty if you aren't using one of the supported aOS models (but maybe it might be more accurate to suppose that DJI might use your non-supported device as an "out" should they wish to avoid honoring the warranty? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ).

Anyway, good luck -- folks have been complaining about  the sound since day one and I wouldn't place money on them changing the policy.
2021-6-17
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 6-17 10:12

I’m curious to know how the beeping increases safety.
2021-6-17
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

Spazoo Posted at 6-17 20:09
I’m curious to know how the beeping increases safety.

Well, alerting those nearby that something is happening should be obvious, but the reason why I begrudgingly agreed is that I noticed during long RTH sessions I would get distracted by something, even with the beeping, since after a few seconds I just tuned out the beep. A couple times I almost let the AC land on my head. ;)
2021-6-18
Use props
Turbo1ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1322582 ft
Canada

RTH is basically just flying straight to your home point. Why just not abort the RTH when it has begun it's thing and just fly straight by yourself?

Although I like that during RTH we can play with the yaw and do amazing panorama shots which would take good piloting skills to do smoothly...
2021-6-18
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 6-18 07:14
Well, alerting those nearby that something is happening should be obvious, but the reason why I begrudgingly agreed is that I noticed during long RTH sessions I would get distracted by something, even with the beeping, since after a few seconds I just tuned out the beep. A couple times I almost let the AC land on my head. ;)

If alerting  those nearby that something is happening truly increases safety, then why limit the beeping to RTH?

It could be argued that non-RTH landings have greater risk.  Yet, no beeping.

Sorry, but I don’t understand the reasoning behind this decision.  Beeping hardly communicates anything to anyone nearby.  There is no clear message.  A drone pilot yelling “heads up...low battery drone landing! “ is a message,  
2021-6-18
Use props
12345678Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules