Hard to see video in sunlight
1256 8 2015-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bludnky
New

United States

I have a Phantom Vision 2 and it is hard to see video while flying in bright daylight, I have tried iphone, ipad and andriod phone. Any suggestions? I was thinking LCD might be better?? Does some one make a good lcd that will run the app?

2015-7-21
Use props
Faken
lvl.2

Canada

You need to purchase a sun screen:

2015-7-21
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Standing in the shade is the best fix. If not possible, a sun shade is the best you can do. You can find some commonly used sun shades here:

http://www.PhantomHelp.com/#RemoteControllerV

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-7-21
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Check the brightness of you screen too. Uses a little more battery power but run it to full brightness and turn off screen saver for hour or so. Screen shade will help as the other have said. Whit mine full brightness and a shade I can see ok.
2015-7-21
Use props
Kilted Flyer (D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1096637 ft
United States

I have that same one and only problem I have with it, the ball mount that attatches to trypod is easly broken. I have a Galaxy Tab pro 8.4 with a Otterbox case which is almost to heavy. Only the 7 inch size will fit. but the tablet barely fits inside the arms with the sun hood. The mount is not deep enougth for a "thicker" tablet when a Otterbox is part of it. So the arms are barely grabbing the edge. mine fell out of the mount once and luckly I caught it. The otterbox I have has a seperate removable  stand that the tablet props up on but does not work with the sun hood. I was using the sun hood for the 10 inch which offers better coverage. but had to modify it to fit the 7 inch mount. Right now. I stopped using it because the ball mount is to flimsy and so is the nut that holds the mount to the trypod bracket. I need a METAL assembly, not plastic.  Any Ideas?
2015-7-26
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

What about FPV glasses?
I have never tried them but have to imagine they would be pretty cool and would solve a lot of the glare problems...
2015-7-26
Use props
stathismpi59
lvl.2

Greece

I use fpv glasses with a phantom 2 not vision,if they are compatible with the vision its the ultimate solution...Whatever the condition is you a perfect view.Enjoy!
2015-7-26
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

stathismpi59@gm Posted at 2015-7-27 02:56
I use fpv glasses with a phantom 2 not vision,if they are compatible with the vision its the ultimat ...

Thank you,
Which glasses do you use?
2015-7-26
Use props
rdsb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 236230 ft
France

You can also use a black  and large umbrella if it's not too windy  ( normally, you do not fly when it's too windy).
You can attach it at your back with a simple trousers belt to keep you hands free ( à hauteur de poitrine). In many cases, this will help you more than a sun screen. It also protects your head and your body  !

If it's not too hot, prefer dark clothes as they will not reflect sunlight as much as white shirts !
2015-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules