Battery discharge
1166 4 2021-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RobDavo
New

Australia

Hi

I have had my Mavic AIR 2S for about 6 weeks. Unfortunately I can only fly on weekends - I have to work during the week! My routine is to charge the batteries after use ready for the next use. I have found that after a week without any use, the battery charge is at 60 - 65%. I have tried with the batteries in the drone, in the case, and just on shelf. No matter how I store them during that week, they discharge to around that 60 - 65% over that 5 - 6 day period. Is this normal?

Rob
2021-6-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. It is normal since the Battery will discharge to 60% automatically if no used five days or more for extending the battery life. Check the battery level and charge the battery before using it again. Thank you for your continued support!
2021-6-13
Use props
RobDavo
New

Australia

Hi DJI Paladin, Thanks for that information
2021-6-13
Use props
OliverTGH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148038 ft
United Kingdom

Hi there.

My recommendation is that you do not charge the batteries until you are ready to fly the drone. This will maintain good battery health and habits. It means that your drone battery isn't full during the week and when you are working. Although it still discharges, it is still better to charge them the night before you are going to fly. Also, if you have a battery holder, for example, for the DJI Mini 2, never store the batteries in there, as this will NOT let the batteries discharge.

I hope this helps you,
Oliver
2021-6-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

RobDavo Posted at 6-13 23:03
Hi DJI Paladin, Thanks for that information

You are most welcome. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your support!
2021-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules