Overview
  • Date: 2021.06.15
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.02.0000
  • Goggles Firmware: v01.02.0000
  • Remote Controller firmware: v01.02.0000
  • DJI Fly App iOS: v1.4.3
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.4.3

What’s New?
  • Added ability to enable or disable video subtitles under camera settings in goggles.
  • Added ability to trigger Find My Drone by pressing Mode button and Brake button simultaneously on the motion controller.
  • Added flashing auxiliary bottom light when Find My Drone is triggered.
  • Added ability to start or stop motors in Manual mode when customizing C2 switch under control settings in goggles.
  • Added ability to view HDMI live broadcast by connecting the goggles to the DJI Smart Controller (v01.00.07.00 or above required). By connecting the goggles to the DJI Smart Controller using USB-C cable, users can see the camera view of the aircraft on the screen of the Smart Controller and can transmit the live view from the Smart Controller to other display devices through an HDMI cable.
  • Optimized hints on goggles for updates, Manual mode limitations, and motion controller critical low battery warnings.
  • Optimized flight safety.
  • Optimized flight experience when using Manual mode.
  • Optimized flight experience when using motion controller.

Notes:
  • Restart the aircraft, remote controller, and goggles after the update is complete.
  • Note that the update may reset various flight parameters such as the RTH altitude and the maximum flight distance. Before updating, take note of your preferred settings and readjust them after the update.
  • If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, goggles, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series), and retry.

2021-6-14
Use props
COLDFusion
lvl.3
Flight distance : 279583 ft
Germany

i love my DJI FPV
2021-6-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there COLDFusion. Good day and thank you for the positive feedback for the DJI FPV. If you have any inquiries or any concerns with your DJI FPV or with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2021-6-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2021-6-15
Use props
fans6c1cb290
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6348120 ft
  • >>>
France

Hello,
A blog https://kanzhaji.com/news/gujiangengxin/60179.html  evoke the speed limit in S and M mode for certain countries from June 20? Is it real ?
2021-6-15
Use props
Stefan Zimmermann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4719222 ft
  • >>>
Germany

New:
Maintenance battery
Return to home or land promptly if a prompt appears in the goggles that the Intelligent Flight Battery requires maintenance,

1. Fully charge the battery.
2. Leave the battery for 24 hours.
3. Insert the battery in the aircraft and hover at an altitude of up to 2 m after takeoff. When the battery reaches
20%, land the aircraft and power off and remove the battery.
4. Leave the battery for 6 hours.
5. Maintenance should now be complete and the battery is ready to use. Repeat the steps above if the
maintenance prompt continues to appear in the goggles.
2021-6-15
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

3 failed attempts so far at updating !4th time was a charm
It finally worked using DJI Assistant 2 ... one by one and all the batteries too
2021-6-15
Use props
thetechnobear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2804810 ft
Spain

update worked fine for me directly from dji fly app (iOS) first time - took a while, and yeah have to remember to do batteries and motion controller.

seems to feel pretty similar to me in all modes N/S/M
(k, it was a bit windy, but I didnt notice any apprecible change in flying characteristics  - as hinted at in release notes)

I like the new subtitles on the google sdcard - just like the air unit
the bitrate is really useful - though odd srt is missing other fields  (eg. flight time)

but honestly... we have waited 3 months for a firmware update, and its a pretty lack lustre one.
lots of suggestions have been passed on to the devs, and we seem to have got none of them....
e.g. I like the subtitle option, but I find it hard to believe this was a much requested feature.

things like pid tuning, rate profiles, ability to alter C2 gimbal angles... are all common requests,
yet none have been delivered.

dont get me wrong firmware updates are always appreciated... and if this had turned up a couple of weeks after release, that would have been cool,
but we are talking 3 months... on a brand new product, and we see minimal improvements.

Screenshot 2021-06-15 at 15.17.25.png
2021-6-15
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

What does "optimized flight safety" mean? Does that fix the corrupt DB bricking the drone problem?
And I guess the activation and "connect to phone number" bugs aren't fixed?
2021-6-15
Use props
thetechnobear
lvl.3
Spain

luciens Posted at 6-15 05:53
What does "optimized flight safety" mean? Does that fix the corrupt DB bricking the drone problem?
And I guess the activation and "connect to phone number" bugs aren't fixed?

it warns you to check your props are on the right way

someone hinted there could be speed restrictions (50kmh) in some countries for N/S mode, but didnt apply here in Spain (so CE zone) ... still could do same as before.

dont know about activation, as mine was alraedy activated.

I did an update flysafe db at the same time, and it worked fine - ymmv
2021-6-15
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

thetechnobear Posted at 6-15 05:51
update worked fine for me directly from dji fly app (iOS) first time - took a while, and yeah have to remember to do batteries and motion controller.

seems to feel pretty similar to me in all modes N/S/M

Any improvements in PID performance in manual mode? That's the only reason I'd even apply the update, is if the tune in manual is better. Nothing else in the update is anything I need, so I'll skip it if manual mode still flies wobbly and drifty. It wouldn't be worth risking bricking my drone unless the tune is actually improved.
As for the update being almost featureless after 3 months, that's just par for the course. I've been a DJI customer since about 2013/14, though that may now be at an end going forward. In all that time, to my knowledge DJI has never updated anything in response to actual customer feedback and/or complaints. I've never seen them fix or implement anything that customers have asked for. Their updates are virtually always driven by something else, probably marketing or something. They always have little fixes to stuff nobody's ever heard of and the major problems affecting existing customers go unfixed for literally years.

So we should be happy that there was an update at all and just take what we can get. But like I said, I'll hold off until I see reports that show it's any better than the old FW....
2021-6-15
Use props
thetechnobear
lvl.3
Spain

I didn't really notice any change... and did have some oscillations/shakes at some point, in same way as before.

that said it was pretty windy, so not great conditions to see if its was generally smoother - perhaps when its calmer, it'll feel a bit better.

I think generally, they have only made very minor tweaks for this release,  probably just bug fixes - so it feels pretty safe to update.

2021-6-15
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

thetechnobear Posted at 6-15 07:44
I didn't really notice any change... and did have some oscillations/shakes at some point, in same way as before.

that said it was pretty windy, so not great conditions to see if its was generally smoother - perhaps when its calmer, it'll feel a bit better.

I went ahead and updated one of my drones, but left the other with the old FW on it.

The metric/imperial setting is broken. There's two strange metric settings now in the menu and selecting imperial doesn't work. Everything is permanently in Metric now and you can't enable imperial units.

I'll try a flight this afternoon after work and see if there are any noticeable changes in flight...
2021-6-15
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1640843 ft
Italy

What they mean with the last three Optimizations cited in the change log?
2021-6-15
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

thetechnobear Posted at 6-15 07:44

Well, in the wind is where you'd notice it if they had tightened up the tune. It should wobble and bobble less in the wind (and just in general).

I'm anxious to see if any improvement in the drift in manual mode has been made, it's pretty bad. But that may be too much to hope for.

I'm going to go fly mine today after work and see if there's any difference.....
2021-6-15
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1640843 ft
Italy

luciens Posted at 6-15 09:34
Well, in the wind is where you'd notice it if they had tightened up the tune. It should wobble and bobble less in the wind (and just in general).

I'm anxious to see if any improvement in the drift in manual mode has been made, it's pretty bad. But that may be too much to hope for.

Remember to tell us what you notice.
It is now evening here and the batteries are low
2021-6-15
Use props
fansebae
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7672598 ft
  • >>>
Canada

C2 start/stop motors is no doubt a useful thing, but why not let arm the  drone when C2 is in the middle and  stop on either side? On my other quads i do that with 3pos rocker and find it safer since i can instantly disarm whichever way i rock the switch to full stop.
2021-6-15
Use props
Unused
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6336594 ft
  • >>>
United States

In the extreme heat out here, i managed to test the new firmware; happy to report feels smoother, lower latency? Soft and more responsive, kinda like putting Mercedes suspension in a sports car
2021-6-15
Use props
Mark Blaide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246014 ft
United States

Good to see Find My Drone added to the Motion Controller. I don't even remember how to use the sticks to fly ;)
2021-6-15
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

At the field now. After two packs I notice a slight improvement in stability in manual mode; might just be placebo but it does seem a little tighter especially at high speeds. Maybe a little stiffer too?

The motors are SMOKING hot after a flight now. can’t hold fingers on them for more than a few seconds.

So they definitely cranked up something. probably the P and D terms.

I’ll take hot motors over uncontrollable over half stick any day of the week. So not worried about the hot motors. At least nothing is burning.

Drift isn’t fixed, so that’s probably not firmware.

Going to fly more packs and see. It still is pretty wobbly and woobly but I don’t think it’s as bad…
2021-6-15
Use props
MoppelMat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139167 ft
Austria

Thank you sooo much for the new motor stop feature (disarm) in manual mode I requested!
Safety will be much better if that works like I think it does!
2021-6-15
Use props
Max90payneFPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2832844 ft
Italy

Hello !!

In M mode (the only one I use) the drone now flies much better than before. After 3 batteries the engines are not hot at all and I also did some freestyle.

Sure it doesn't fly like my 5-inch Kiss builds but it's a really good drone now compared to before.
2021-6-16
Use props
Shadetail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 785125 ft
Croatia

MoppelMat Posted at 6-15 20:50
Thank you sooo much for the new motor stop feature (disarm) in manual mode I requested!
Safety will be much better if that works like I think it does!

This is my first FPV drone and I fell in love with manual flying but I'm still very new to all this. Could you explain what exactly is this new feature you requested, why it's important, and when and how should I use it to be safer?
2021-6-16
Use props
thetechnobear
lvl.3
Spain

good to see others think it feels a bit better..

I got to fly it in better conditions today...
I do think overall it is a bit smoother (in M mode), and I seemed be more confident and pushing it a bit more - so I think its probably being a bit more predictabe (to me), so thats all a good sign.

that said, not perfect, a couple of times in the flights, I did get quite a bit of prop wash (as previously),  but perhaps thats inevitable given its weight and motors,  and its certainly something i can fly around.

it'll be interesting look at the footage, see if that looks more stable - as there were complaints from some that the oscillations were making it difficult to use the video footage.

motors were quite warm, about what you'd expect (id not call them hot, as you could hold them easily)
I'd say they could go a tad more aggressive still but I guess DJI will play it a bit conservative, to account for differences in condition of props etc.

so as Max said, its not as stable as my 5" - but its feeling good in its own right, and combined with its solid RTH and decent battery... its a great drone to fly.

2021-6-16
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Agree about the propwash. It's still really bad, but I did notice yesterday that it's responding more aggressively to it when it does get into PW. So overall I think DJI did a good job on the PIDs with what they have to work with. At its weight and being kind of bulky and slightly underpowered, it flies pretty good now, IMO....
2021-6-16
Use props
MoppelMat
lvl.3
Austria

Shadetail Posted at 6-16 01:37
This is my first FPV drone and I fell in love with manual flying but I'm still very new to all this. Could you explain what exactly is this new feature you requested, why it's important, and when and how should I use it to be safer?

please just look at my request. I hope you understand, if not, please just ask.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=240686
2021-6-16
Use props
Joecos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

I will wait and read more feedback regarding this new fw before upgrading

2021-6-16
Use props
fansebae
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

1st flight with new fw done. feels like dji only upped the idle a little.
2021-6-16
Use props
fansebae
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

In drone mode goggles now complain "SD Slow". Records ok tho. In AU mode SD is ok.
2021-6-16
Use props
amitgv1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032493 ft
Germany

MoppelMat Posted at 6-16 08:08
please just look at my request. I hope you understand, if not, please just ask.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=240686

So today it's the c2 in addition to the double click on the start/stop button or instead?
2021-6-16
Use props
Max90payneFPV
lvl.4
Italy

Hello !!

In my opinion now for the use for which this drone was created and that is cinematic cruise flight now we can say that the drone flies well.

Now I use it to do mid range because the RTH and safety system are definitely superior to my 7 inches.

By adjusting the rates and being sweet in the controls some stunts can be done by limiting the propwash ... clearly if I want to freestyle I use my 5 inch.
2021-6-16
Use props
catware
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1087470 ft
United States

I have had major problems with the camera start/stop record button and the "cancel rth" button not responding to input since I bought it. Does this update fix those? (or has anyone else been having that problem)?
2021-6-16
Use props
amitgv1
lvl.4
Germany

In the motion controller setting there is a new parameter “MC horiz rotation control”. Does anyone know what is it?
2021-6-17
Use props
thetechnobear
lvl.3
Spain

amitgv1 Posted at 6-17 11:39
In the motion controller setting there is a new parameter “MC horiz rotation control”. Does anyone know what is it?

interesting..... ive not checked out th MC on the new firmware yet....

what Id like it to do, is to allow you to prevent rotation of the drone by rotating the controller.
in other words to turn the drone, you have to TILT the drone.

this would be very useful ... the issue is, its quite easy to accidentally rotate the controller (and so drone) by moving your wrist - then you almost end up having to stop to reset yourself (since if you move your wrist back, it rotates the drone again!)

so it would be really handy to be disable controller rotation, and then you only control the drone by tilting the drone back/forward, left/right

(also perhaps DJI saw so many youtubers reviewers, thinking you had to rotate the controller vs tilt it.. so they saw its as a useability issue)

I'll see if I can give it a go tommorow... as Im really happy if this was done
2021-6-17
Use props
amitgv1
lvl.4
Germany

thetechnobear Posted at 6-17 12:11
interesting..... ive not checked out th MC on the new firmware yet....

what Id like it to do, is to allow you to prevent rotation of the drone by rotating the controller.

Thanks. I also test it tomorrow
2021-6-17
Use props
djiuser_clagar
lvl.3

United States

Hello
I would like to know if somebody has experienced this issue after the update of the firmware of the drone ( I updated google, control, and batteries). The drone as soon it was on the air the camera is banding to one side, something not happened to me before the upgrade.  please check the video in the link below to appreciate the camera tilt ( I know is an fpv drone ) but like I said before when in normal mode and stationary it has not presented with that issue.  can anybody tell me if this issue happened to anybody else?.  I did calibrate the gimbal several times and the issue still present.

2021-6-17
Use props
Unused
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6336594 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did a range test at my usual spot, seems much more precise and no break ups so far so good
2021-6-17
Use props
MoppelMat
lvl.3
Austria

amitgv1 Posted at 6-16 10:49
So today it's the c2 in addition to the double click on the start/stop button or instead?

it is in addition
2021-6-17
Use props
spreecopter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2838543 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Max90payneFPV Posted at 6-16 12:02
Hello !!

In my opinion now for the use for which this drone was created and that is cinematic cruise flight now we can say that the drone flies well.

Hi Max,

I also want to use the drone for long range, what settings do you use to minimize propwash?

Best Jens
2021-6-17
Use props
Max90payneFPV
lvl.4
Italy

spreecopter Posted at 6-17 22:27
Hi Max,

I also want to use the drone for long range, what settings do you use to minimize propwash?

Hello !!!

To reduce the prop wash I have adjusted the remote control rates to the values that are closest to those I use for my builds.

This drone must be piloted with a lot of sensitivity .... there are no other settings to do.

Greetings Max
2021-6-18
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules