First Flight and First Video Edit Ever.
1040 10 2015-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

So here it is.  Video editing was mainly just messing around and learning a few basics on FCPX.  Feel free to critique if you like, but take it easy

2015-7-21
Use props
jaffa182
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Cool video matey! Few pointers, try to yaw (turn left and right) a little slower as this can make some viewers feel sick.

Another is try use music instead of sound effects lol it was cool for the first minute then got a little annoying lol.

Happy flying

Jaff
2015-7-21
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

jaffa182 Posted at 2015-7-22 06:24
Cool video matey! Few pointers, try to yaw (turn left and right) a little slower as this can make so ...

Haha.  Awesome jaffa!  Thanks for watching man.  Yea I will try music next.  I just didn't want to spend to much time finding the right song for the timeline and one youtube would let me use.  I was just kind of figuring out how to edit the sound into the video mainly.  As far as the yaw'ing goes, I pretty much noticed that right off the bat after reviewing the video.  I need to work out slowing it down when need be and smoothening it out.  Thanks for the pointers.
2015-7-21
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

jaffa182 Posted at 2015-7-22 06:24
Cool video matey! Few pointers, try to yaw (turn left and right) a little slower as this can make so ...

Also, what is the best way to get the music to go with or match up to the video?  Do you edit video around music?  I guess that is really the only way considering it is not like you would edit the music around the video.  So I guess what I am saying/asking is you kind of just have to pick a song to fit your theme of the video and then edit the video around that song huh?  
2015-7-21
Use props
jaffa182
lvl.2

United Kingdom

If you have a look on soundcloud.com there is loads of tracks you can use for free.
You can slow the yaw down with the Gain & Expo tuning "sort of" but read up loads before you go messing with it, don't want you crashing your bird on the second flight lol.

Cheers,
Jaff
2015-7-21
Use props
Albert Jr.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2422041 ft
United States

Very nice!

Albert
2015-7-21
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

jhall651 Posted at 2015-7-22 06:42
Also, what is the best way to get the music to go with or match up to the video?  Do you edit video ...

To the king of NOT taking it easy on people.........! DON'T FLY AROUND OTHER PEOPLE AND BABIES! TURN SLOWER! USE MUSIC!!! Just kidding. Glad you got it up and running hall. Nice first shots and edit. It's addictive isn't it??!! Now, if only we could get our VPS back in 100% working order. That would be awesome.
2015-7-22
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

jimcloud74@yaho Posted at 2015-7-23 01:21
To the king of NOT taking it easy on people.........! DON'T FLY AROUND OTHER PEOPLE AND BABIES! TU ...

Ha. Thx Jim!
2015-7-22
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

jimcloud74@yaho Posted at 2015-7-23 01:21
To the king of NOT taking it easy on people.........! DON'T FLY AROUND OTHER PEOPLE AND BABIES! TU ...

By the way the "easy" part was more of a "don't get to in-depth and technical" as I have no idea what I am doing with FCP or video editing at all.
2015-7-22
Use props
L8again
lvl.3

Canada

Nice work!
2015-7-22
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

Thanks L8again!