FPV and Heat/Humidity
1631 6 2021-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Romonaga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 789124 ft
United States

This drone seem more sensitive to heat/humidity more then my other 2 drones.  Temp at time of flight was 82F with light wind of about 8MPH, I was in sport mode.  Humidity was well over 90% so air was heavy.  Was flying a nomal flight where operations as well as signal quality are known, bird was getting a fraction of its normal distance before signal issues became apparent.  Was so bad I had to abort the flight.

Took my Mavic 2 Pro up, to see how it acted, was in sport mode, and no noticible impact on distance, continued my flight with M2P.   

Anyonbne else notice this bird does not like humidity?
2021-6-18
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I fly in temps nearly 100F with humidity 90% or above and it doesn't bug my drone at all.

Day to day deterioration in your range is probably interference. If I fly when the airplane R/C guys are out, their transmitters really tear up the video on my FPV drone when running on the 2.4ghz band. Only a couple 100 feet away and I get really bad breakup. I switch to 5.8ghz when they're out and that gets rid of it.

So you might try switching bands. Or you may have to relocate to another area if the interference is really bad...
2021-6-18
Use props
Romonaga
lvl.2
United States

luciens Posted at 6-18 11:17
I fly in temps nearly 100F with humidity 90% or above and it doesn't bug my drone at all.

Day to day deterioration in your range is probably interference. If I fly when the airplane R/C guys are out, their transmitters really tear up the video on my FPV drone when running on the 2.4ghz band. Only a couple 100 feet away and I get really bad breakup. I switch to 5.8ghz when they're out and that gets rid of it.

Thanks for your reply.   Today the FPV drone is un-flyable.  The location I am at I do not expect fantastic  range, but I do expect to get past 200 feet.  Currently the bird will not maintain signal and constantly is losing signal.

My Mavic 2 however, fly's just fine as it always has in this location.   So not convinced that it is location.  I will add I also took out my old Phantom 4, and it has no issues as well.   

Not very comforting when the bird has so many signal losses that I have to ground it.  
2021-6-18
Use props
Vertigocal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 554928 ft
Germany

Romonaga Posted at 6-18 13:14
Thanks for your reply.   Today the FPV drone is un-flyable.  The location I am at I do not expect fantastic  range, but I do expect to get past 200 feet.  Currently the bird will not maintain signal and constantly is losing signal.

My Mavic 2 however, fly's just fine as it always has in this location.   So not convinced that it is location.  I will add I also took out my old Phantom 4, and it has no issues as well.   

Maybe you got a kakapo instead of an eagle? ;)
2021-6-19
Use props
Buster1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677028 ft
United States

Heat and humidity have no effect on signal transmission and quality. Something else is happening.
2021-6-19
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Romonaga Posted at 6-18 13:14

You should be getting more than 200', I agree, so you may have another problem. You might try changing bands in the transmission setting as a trouble-shooting step to see if there's any change. If not, it might be RTM to DJI time, unfortunately....
2021-6-19
Use props
Romonaga
lvl.2
United States

Thanks everyone. Well today from same spot I had the range I was expecting. The only thing I can suspect is some odd signal issues.  I did notice in settings I was not set to duel band.  Made that change and bird is good. Now if the wind would die down so I can fly.
2021-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules