4027 6 2021-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DanijelT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 357096 ft
Netherlands

Hello everybody,

I am having issue with my DJI FPV drone. The drone won't take off and gives me the error: battery communication error.
This happened after landing the drone after a test flight. It did not want to take off after landing and gave me the error message with a solid red blinking on the rear arm. Really strange.

I have checked all connections and everything seems fine. The connections have been cleaned with a paper towel and contact cleaner but no help. I tried to refresh the DJI firmware using the assistent 2 for FPV but the drone would not refresh. The program sees the drone but wont upload the new firmware to the drone when transmitting.

If anybody has a suggestion that would be great because the last thing i want is to send the drone back to DJI and not be able to fly for weeks.

Greetings,

Danijel
2021-6-19
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

That stinks. You've already done everything I'd suggest so I'll just offer my condolences.

The drone communicates with the battery over a balanced CAN Bus line. I take it you don't have a second battery to test the drone? It would be nice to be able to figure out if the problem is with the drone or the battery so you didn't have to ship both back to the DJI dealer.

In case you're interested, I posted photos of the inside of one of my batteries here. The thread includes a capture of the CAN Bus communication.
Good luck getting your drone flying again.
2021-6-20
Use props
DanijelT
lvl.2
Netherlands

Hey Duane,

Thanks for your reaction!

I have three batteries and all three of them give the same error. So it seems it’s in the drone itself. Hopefully somebody at DJI can help me out with this.

Replacing the ESC would probably solve this problem. The drone is still in warranty. I just wonder how something could happen so suddenly.
2021-6-20
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

DanijelT Posted at 6-20 11:19
Hey Duane,

Thanks for your reaction!

"The drone is still in warranty. I just wonder how something could happen so suddenly."

Since it is still under warranty, I'd have DJI fix it.

It's nice to have a battery which can provide all sorts of information about its health but this added complexity comes at the cost of more things which can go wrong. This is one of the downsides of using a DJI drone rather than building your own. Of course no drone I've every made can send back video as good as this drone.

Good luck getting your drone fixed. Hopefully it won't take very long.
2021-6-20
Use props
DanijelT
lvl.2
Netherlands

Duane Degn Posted at 6-20 20:19
"The drone is still in warranty. I just wonder how something could happen so suddenly."

Since it is still under warranty, I'd have DJI fix it.

Yes is contacted DJI by mail so now i will have to wait. I hope that they can make this a speedy process.

I agree with you completely about the video quality. It's so immersive that taking a step back is pretty hard. And i can do some pretty cool freestyle stuff with it so it can do sort of everything. Except crashing....
2021-6-20
Use props
kewlbean
lvl.1
United States

DanijelT Posted at 6-20 23:26
Yes is contacted DJI by mail so now i will have to wait. I hope that they can make this a speedy process.

I agree with you completely about the video quality. It's so immersive that taking a step back is pretty hard. And i can do some pretty cool freestyle stuff with it so it can do sort of everything. Except crashing....

Did you get this fixed? I recently just got the same issue.
2021-7-14
Use props
DanijelT
lvl.2
Montenegro

kewlbean Posted at 7-14 05:51
Did you get this fixed? I recently just got the same issue.

Sure did! DJI replaced the drone for free. Their service is pretty great!
2021-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules