Ground station announced in April.......
1380 8 2015-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI, what has happend to the groundstation release for the Inspire. On the 27th April, we all received an email stating that this functionality is coming. Its now late July and still no word from you as to when we are going to receive this. Can you please provide an update as to when this will be officially released.

Thanks

2015-7-21
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Rumour has it that the current Beta test now under way may very well be the release we are all waiting for.
There was an imminent release approx a month ago that was pulled at the last moment, then silence - now a new round of beta testing is under way.

So we may get waypoints and Nav, or it might just be a few bug fixes, only time will tell.
2015-7-22
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Fingers crossed. Whilst I think its admirable that a third party is developing the same functionality (or enhanced), I'm keen to use the DJI version as it will be integrated into the Pilot app.
2015-7-22
Use props
Skywolf007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2758875 ft
Slovakia

I guess it has nothing to do with the app or firmware in this case. Of course they have to support it but its mostly about the SDK.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-24010-1-1.html

As you can see here, the announced that the new SDK does support ground station. Now they have to make it into app/firmware/ windows app...

Since the SDK was released a few days back, I guess we wont see ground station for a while.. my guess is in months
2015-7-22
Use props
KnightOwl
lvl.3

United States

Skywolf007 Posted at 2015-7-22 20:17
I guess it has nothing to do with the app or firmware in this case. Of course they have to support i ...

It may come sooner than you think...I am a Beta tester for two different Andriod 3rd Party providers and can say GS works!
2015-7-22
Use props
Skywolf007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2758875 ft
Slovakia

KnightOwl Posted at 2015-7-22 23:18
It may come sooner than you think...I am a Beta tester for two different Andriod 3rd Party provider ...

I'm a beta tester for  DJI too. but I honestly don't want to hear about 3rd party paid apps.. I want a DJI Groundstation from DJI, free of charge, with 24/7 support for both iOS and Android. I spent shitload of money on a promise, so my question is why should I pay more, if they promised/advertised it.

I'm happy other software companies are working on it, at least there will be some options.

2015-7-22
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Skywolf007 Posted at 2015-7-22 23:24
I'm a beta tester for  DJI too. but I honestly don't want to hear about 3rd party paid apps.. I wa ...

I agree.  This should be a DJI Product, issued free of charge and compatible with the Apps.

This has been promised from DJI since the outset and why I originally pre-ordered my aircraft.  We have all been waiting patiently, been advised by DJI that its coming, but so is Christmas...
2015-7-22
Use props
imcoosen
lvl.3

Netherlands

GB44 Posted at 2015-7-23 06:26
I agree.  This should be a DJI Product, issued free of charge and compatible with the Apps.

This  ...

The launch will be in November and the first firmware updates will rollout in January. It wil take 2 months to get it to all users that signed up?  The debugging  done by the users will lead to more features disappearing. Some Americans call bugs a feature. DJI calls  feature's a bug and eliminates them, channels gone, manual mode gone, no fly zone expanding, update will be mandatory. So you lease from a unreliable partner.

Sorry I did willingly buy this but. It is nothing like the product i have bought on paper.
2015-7-24
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
Austria

It all seems to be just one big joke IMHO!
2015-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules