DJI Mini 2 with Samsung Galaxy Note 10, not Note 10+
4142 10 2021-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RoadRunner34
lvl.1

United States

Does anyone know for sure if the Mini 2 will work with a Samsung Galaxy Note 10, not the Note 10 +?  Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor.  64-bit ARMv8-A instructions set.   Called tech support and was told since the Note 10 is not on the list, the answer is no. Anyone have any experiences, good or bad with the Note 10?

2021-6-21
Use props
DonGuido
lvl.3
Flight distance : 532028 ft
United Kingdom

There is a big chance that it will not work, but many devices not listed can run without issues, but DJI will only offer support if you use one of the devices on the list.
2021-6-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there RoadRunner34. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. Upon checking the mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy Note 10 ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mini 2 and for the DJI Fly  application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the said application. There is a possibility that the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI drone and for the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while in use. For reference, I will be posting the list of the recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads
2021-6-21
Use props
RoadRunner34
lvl.1

United States

DonGuido Posted at 6-21 09:43
There is a big chance that it will not work, but many devices not listed can run without issues, but DJI will only offer support if you use one of the devices on the list.

Thanks, will buy a device to use for this application only.
2021-6-24
Use props
RoadRunner34
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-21 18:32
Hello there RoadRunner34. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. Upon checking the mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy Note 10 ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mini 2 and for the DJI Fly  application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the said application. There is a possibility that the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI drone and for the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while in use. For reference, I will be posting the list of the recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads

Thanks for your response and the information.  I may be wrong, but It seems as though DJI caters to I Phones.
2021-6-24
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

You can see here:

https://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go.18

The Note 10 is listed as compatible with DJI Fly app with about 20 user inputs.

2021-6-24
Use props
Dale 68
Second Officer
Flight distance : 338468 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RoadRunner34 Posted at 6-24 04:53
Thanks for your response and the information.  I may be wrong, but It seems as though DJI caters to I Phones.

I seem to be finding that, I've tried 3 different Android devices with no luck, my Phantom3 has no issues what ever device I put the app on, pretty annoying  
2021-6-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

RoadRunner34 Posted at 6-24 04:51
Thanks, will buy a device to use for this application only.

Hi there RoadRunner34. Thank you for the reply and for this information. Rest assured that support for additional mobile devices available as testing and development continues for the DJI Mini 2 and for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.
2021-6-24
Use props
djiuser_cVrQd1ywZ40S
New

United States

Hi guys I have a question. I have a Mini 2 and a samsumg note 10+. When I open the dji fly app I get the Academy pop up and I can Not get rid of or acces other functions. Can you help me??
2021-12-12
Use props
WaterMaster
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_cVrQd1ywZ40S Posted at 12-12 14:25
Hi guys I have a question. I have a Mini 2 and a samsumg note 10+. When I open the dji fly app I get the Academy pop up and I can Not get rid of or acces other functions. Can you help me??

Don't launch DJI Fly, plug your phone into the controller, turn on the drone, turn on the RC and DJI Fly should launch, if it doesn't clear the DJI Fly app cache then try again.

FYI: I had phone issues so I found Samsung Galaxy Note 8 was supported, I looked up a tablet using the same snapdragon and use it for my tablet flights, I have upgraded to a Note 10+ and now have DJI Go 4 and DJI Fly and Tello EDU and Litchi and RedWayPoint and a bunch of Tello apps.  
2021-12-12
Use props
WaterMaster
lvl.3
United States

Note 10: Platform         OS         Android 9.0 (Pie), upgradable to Android 11, One UI 3.1 Chipset         Exynos 9825 (7 nm) - EMEA/LATAM Qualcomm SM8150 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm) - USA/China CPU         Octa-core (2x2.73 GHz Mongoose M4 & 2x2.4 GHz Cortex-A75 & 4x1.9 GHz Cortex-A55) - EMEA/LATAM Octa-core (1x2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3x2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4x1.78 GHz Kryo 485) - USA/China GPU         Mali-G76 MP12 - EMEA/LATAM Adreno 640 - USA/China the only difference is Note 10+ has 12GB memory. According to GSMARENA specs
2021-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules