part 107 exam preparation
1038 8 2021-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jmgolio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 568865 ft
Netherlands

I have started to look into FAA licensing and taking the part 107 exam.  
I have been flying and learning about my Mini 2 drone since December 2020.  I have watched dozens (perhaps hundreds) of drone tutorials and have been flying at least a couple of times a week. Although I am really only doing this for recreation, I notice that the FAA appears to also consider providing drone service for volunteer organizations as an activity that requires a commercial license.  Also, as a way to share videos, I have a YouTube channel where I post videos and that, too, seems to be an activity that the FAA might consider requires a commercial license (at least if YouTube adds ever kicked in and paid).  Plus,  drone flight and photography has become a very consuming hobby for me.  When I am not flying, I am very likely reading or watching video tutorials to learn more.  So I am thinking that learning about the part 107 exam is one next step I want to consider.

Here's the problem I am having.  There is a ton of information pollution about the exam out there on the internet.  There are many, many courses being offered by many, many different drone pilot schools.  There are a ton of books - many outdated, many with terrible reviews.  And the FAA information I have been able to find is really sad and pathetic.  I swear, there must be a requirement for FAA documents that at least 2 or more obscure acronyms are used in every sentence.  Also, all discussions must be as cryptic as possible.  I am wondering if there is a better way to navigate through this sea of misinformation and actually learn some of the material the FAA thinks I need to understand.

Any reccomendations, suggestions or advice from those who have been through the exam process would be appreciated.
2021-6-23
Use props
Mr. Strat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4542854 ft
United States

RemotePilot101.com
2021-6-23
Use props
jmgolio
lvl.3
Netherlands

Thanks.  I will check that out.
2021-6-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there jmgolio. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots can give out there best insights and best recommendation with regards to this matter. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-6-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I used trust.pilotinstitute.com    Had no problem passing the 107 exam.
2021-6-30
Use props
jmgolio
lvl.3
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-30 06:39
I used trust.pilotinstitute.com    Had no problem passing the 107 exam.

Thanks.  I appreciate the information and will check it out.
2021-6-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

jmgolio Posted at 6-30 06:48
Thanks.  I appreciate the information and will check it out.

You're welcome.  Best of luck in getting 107 certified.
2021-7-1
Use props
Robert S
lvl.1

United States

I too have been looking for training and have come across the following site:

Pilot Institute

Drone U

2021-7-30
Use props
HighlandFoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 655171 ft
United States

I was pleased with the King Schools training for both my initial and recert exams. Their courses are clearly presented and break the subject matter into easily digestable segments. Once you complete a course, you have lifetime access to it as a refresher. Some of the presentation is a bit corny, but I felt like these courses really helped pull everything together for me, and I did well on both my initial and recert tests. https://kingschools.com/
Since completing my recert, the FAA (certifying authority for commercial drone pilots in the US) is now offering the Part 107 Small UAS Recurrent (ALC-677) online training course at no cost. This training also allows Part 107 night-time drone operations without a waiver, so it's really worthwhile to complete.
2022-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules