I would like to downgrade my FPV Goggle V2
8162 17 2021-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hatem.saed
lvl.1

Israel

Hello,

I would like to downgrade my FPV Goggle V2 to firmware version v01.00.0604.

My current firmware version is v01.00.0606.

I have already tried to downgrade using DJI Assistant 2 in the account dji_aftersales@outlook.com, but unfortunately it did not work.
Please tell me how to downgrade.
Greets
thank you

2021-6-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused you. May we know is there any problem with the latest firmware of the FPV GOOGLES V2? Thanks for your response.
2021-6-24
Use props
djiuser_90GiHJXBXaGU
lvl.2
Flight distance : 288707 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 6-24 01:37
Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused you. May we know is there any problem with the latest firmware of the FPV GOOGLES V2? Thanks for your response.

The latest firmware is causing the goggles to freeze when in FPV mode. I lost my tmotor ft5 in the ocean because of your problem you seem to be unaware of and am trying to downgrade now myself.
2021-7-8
Use props
COLDFusion
lvl.3
Flight distance : 279583 ft
Germany

are you kidding us? You know that the latest firmware cause random freeze and reboot of goggle during fly in the AirUnit Mode? There are many user how already lost there drones and camera because of that bug in the new firmware
2021-7-9
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

This is why the FPV drone is my last DJI product. Outfits like DJI just shouldn't get any more of our money and support, for what we get for our investment. Constantly broken firmware for months, only to be replaced with another broken firmware for more months and months. That's not the only problem, but crippled products from crippled firmware is just not worth my money. I'm going to a competitor at the earliest opportunity....
2021-7-9
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

The goggles keep freezing mid flight apparently...
2021-7-9
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

luciens Posted at 7-9 04:44
This is why the FPV drone is my last DJI product. Outfits like DJI just shouldn't get any more of our money and support, for what we get for our investment. Constantly broken firmware for months, only to be replaced with another broken firmware for more months and months. That's not the only problem, but crippled products from crippled firmware is just not worth my money. I'm going to a competitor at the earliest opportunity....

Do you know of any good competitors?
2021-7-9
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

COLDFusion Posted at 7-9 03:33
are you kidding us? You know that the latest firmware cause random freeze and reboot of goggle during fly in the AirUnit Mode? There are many user how already lost there drones and camera because of that bug in the new firmware

They are Forum moderators. They don't know much about products as they only forward info to the products team. Their job is just to monitor the forum and keep it running smoothly
2021-7-9
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI FPV V2 using Air Unit V1 and wondering why there are problems?  
2021-7-9
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Alvara74 Posted at 7-9 06:57
Do you know of any good competitors?

Traditional FPV multis are where I'm going back to - a Betaflight quad flies far better than the FPV drone in just about every way, so the only drawback is the video. And ironically, the existing DJI digital system, which they end-of-lifed around the time the FPV drone was released, works pretty good in its current orphaned version. In a way it's good that DJI abandoned it, because there won't be any more FW updates to break everything again.

Once I run out of Air Units and/or they can't be found anymore, hopefully a competitor will have an as-good or better HD video downlink system. That should be a while. And I still have my two working FPV drones which should last me a while as long as I don't crash them .

If not, I'll just find another hobby. But no more DJI equip. for me. They finally just lost me after this round of firmware debacles.
2021-7-9
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

luciens Posted at 7-9 11:54
Traditional FPV multis are where I'm going back to - a Betaflight quad flies far better than the FPV drone in just about every way, so the only drawback is the video. And ironically, the existing DJI digital system, which they end-of-lifed around the time the FPV drone was released, works pretty good in its current orphaned version. In a way it's good that DJI abandoned it, because there won't be any more FW updates to break everything again.

Once I run out of Air Units and/or they can't be found anymore, hopefully a competitor will have an as-good or better HD video downlink system. That should be a while. And I still have my two working FPV drones which should last me a while as long as I don't crash them .

What are air units?
2021-7-9
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Alvara74 Posted at 7-9 13:59
What are air units?

It's the aircraft part of the DJI "DIY" digital system. They don't sell it anymore, sales have been taken over by Caddx with a new camera developed by Caddx. The unit itself is still made by DJI:

https://www.getfpv.com/caddx-air ... -hd-fpv-system.html

I have this in 3 of my quads...
2021-7-9
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

luciens Posted at 7-9 14:54
It's the aircraft part of the DJI "DIY" digital system. They don't sell it anymore, sales have been taken over by Caddx with a new camera developed by Caddx. The unit itself is still made by DJI:

https://www.getfpv.com/caddx-air-unit-micro-version-for-dji-digital-hd-fpv-system.html

Ah okay, why do you have 3 though? Don't you only need 1 camera?
2021-7-10
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Alvara74 Posted at 7-10 00:57
Ah okay, why do you have 3 though? Don't you only need 1 camera?

Well I mean I have 3 FPV drones equipped with Air Units. I have 2 iFlight Chimera 7" and a iFlight Titan DC5 5". They each have the DJI Air Unit. I have a Nazgul 5 too which has a Caddx Vista in it. So I have 4 FPV drones that I already fly and going foward I'm going to stick to that platform. And no more DJI drones.
2021-7-10
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

luciens Posted at 7-10 04:45
Well I mean I have 3 FPV drones equipped with Air Units. I have 2 iFlight Chimera 7" and a iFlight Titan DC5 5". They each have the DJI Air Unit. I have a Nazgul 5 too which has a Caddx Vista in it. So I have 4 FPV drones that I already fly and going foward I'm going to stick to that platform. And no more DJI drones.

Well, I respect your decision and I hope you enjoy your experience with other platforms!
2021-7-10
Use props
fans1ba4273a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1751070 ft
Germany

I would like to downgrade to, but it doesn't work...
2021-7-10
Use props
fansfdeb5437
lvl.2
Flight distance : 467795 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello,

I had a black screen in flight with the last firmware and a Caddx vista followed by a crash indeed. I was looking to downgrade but impossible on a Mac M1 with DJI Assistant 2 (failed at transmitting).
After hours of research, I found a solution. The problem of DJI Assistant 2 comes from an open source extension horndis (usb thethering) not updated since 2018. Some nice Koreans rebuilt a version compatible with Mac M1.
I applied it and I succeeded to downgrade my goggles .
Solution can be found here:
https://github.com/jwise/HoRNDIS ... uecomment-820281568

PA
2021-7-13
Use props
djiuser_Hf0XrUAe2iBs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3200420 ft
United States

Today i was forced to update my firmware on the fpv racer from 1.002.00 to 1.002.0015 wich dji said they wouldnt do. My aircraft was unable to TAKE OFF becuase of outdated firm ware. This is bs I paid 2000 dollars for this p.o.s. I bought it. i didnt rent it or lease it from dji. Why i wanted to keep the firmware where it was is of no cocern to the coporation who sold it to me. Especially some thieving commies in china. Get the F out of my drone. I know the real reason you commies are keeping your tentacles in my flight history., Its so you can get more data for your targeting systems. Well i got news for you. The weapons our military allows you to know about are enough to kick yourcommie butts into the ocean 10 times over. The stuff you dont know about is the stuff you should worry about,   FU CHINA!!   Have a nice day
2022-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules