Complete guide on how to get a Part 107 commercial license (for b...
1357 2 2021-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PaulArcher
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Hi Guys,
I recently wrote an article about the entire process of getting a Part 107 commercial license in the US and wanted to share the essential parts with you. Maybe it will be helpful as a start.
If you want to read a way more complete article on the matter check it out: Complete Commercial license guide (part 107)

Here we go for the short guide:
When do I need a commercial drone license?​If you're looking to make money with your drone on the US territory (that includes aliens just visiting). So basically if you fly drones as part of your job or any so-called non-recreational activity (FPV drone flight is included in the recreational part so you're safe).
What’s the part 107 Test & How long does it take?​The part 107 FAA test is a test intended to give you the final certification for commercial flight with any drone under 55 lbs.
The test comprises 60 multiple-choice questions and you need to score at least 70% to successfully pass.
From the moment you begin studying for the test to receiving your FAA remote pilot certification it usually takes between 4 and 6 weeks.
How much does it cost?​There is a test center fee of $160 for taking the test to the commercial drone license. However, some test centers are owned by PSI (test provider) and charge $109 (it can differ by area too).
How do you actually get the license?​There are a few steps for this.

STEP 1 - Take an online study course
Study with a complete online course made specifically for passing this FAA part 107 test, because just learning from the internet isn’t going to cut it.
The test itself is quite difficult and requires a lot of specific knowledge.
step 3.jpg
STEP 2 - Passing the exam
Next, you need to take the actual FAA exam and pass it.
You get 2 hours to answer the 60-question, multiple-choice test and you’ll find out if pass or fail right on the spot.
step 2.jpg
STEP 3 - Get your license
After passing your test, complete a 15-minute application online and you’ll get your temporary certificate in 4-6 business days and you’re able to fly commercially after that!
step 1.jpg
Do you have to take the FAA exam in person or online?​You can only take the FAA part 107 test in person by going to a local test center in your area. You can schedule an appointment with aFAA-approved Knowledge Testing center here.

Also, you'll need to take a recurring drone free training every 2 years. Until 2021 you had to take an actual recurring test, but I'm glad that's out now.

If you want to read a whole guide on this matter, check out my complete article:Part 107 FAA Drone Commercial License - (ULTIMATE GUIDE) It should help you way more in depth with pretty much any question step by step (and also makes me feel like I haven't worked for nothing).
Thanks
2021-6-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We really appreciate you for sharing this very informative article that you had posted. This will really help our fellow DJI pilots here that planning to get a license. Thank you for your continued support!
2021-6-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2021-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now