Can you fly 2 drones at the same time?
963 10 2021-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

have you wondered if you could fly 2 drones at the same time, one following the other?
Do read the youtube notes for more info.
This is not in UK and only over unpopulated region.

2021-6-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there AlansDronePics. Good day and thank you for sharing this video with us here at DI Forum. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-6-29
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

The phantom came very close to the other drone a few times. Nice video share.
2021-6-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2021-6-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Not something I would do.
But nice to see.
2021-6-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.    Don't think I'll be trying this anytime soon.
2021-6-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I only ever tried it once - with the P4 and the MPP. Very nearly came to grief over my farmer neighbour's fields. Never risked it again since.
2021-11-27
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

Blériot53 Posted at 11-27 01:57
I only ever tried it once - with the P4 and the MPP. Very nearly came to grief over my farmer neighbour's fields. Never risked it again since.

Pleased to meet a person who likes to push boundaries.
Not easy is it, working the two. I also accept that it is most likely to end in tears.
I have done a few other mad things with my drones for which there are vids.
Flying deep underground in a tunnel, flying under a wide stone bridge and emerging in a steep climb through a narrow exit, and searching for an ancient shipwreck, 2.7km out to sea. Pre-planning is everything.
I started droning in 2016 and have never crashed. A few very close calls though.
2021-11-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AlansDronePics Posted at 11-27 04:36
Pleased to meet a person who likes to push boundaries.
Not easy is it, working the two. I also accept that it is most likely to end in tears.
I have done a few other mad things with my drones for which there are vids.

My incident had a coming together. The P4 was hovering whilst I manoeuvred the MPP around it.  The prop wash from the P4 de-stabilised the MPP which collided with the landing legs of the P4 and immediately lost contact.  Heart in mouth, I ran across the field to find the Mpp hovering about a foot off the ground, and the P4 still hovering.  A couple of broken props on the MPP and scuffs on the P4 landing legs.  That was my lesson learned.. Tried to fly the P4 under a footbridge over a stream a while back and got the landing  legs wet but no damage.  My most recent feat of derring-do was to fly the Mini1 through the arches of a ruined manor house. That was relatively easy.

2021-11-27
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

Blériot53 Posted at 11-27 04:54
My incident had a coming together. The P4 was hovering whilst I manoeuvred the MPP around it.  The prop wash from the P4 de-stabilised the MPP which collided with the landing legs of the P4 and immediately lost contact.  Heart in mouth, I ran across the field to find the Mpp hovering about a foot off the ground, and the P4 still hovering.  A couple of broken props on the MPP and scuffs on the P4 landing legs.  That was my lesson learned.. Tried to fly the P4 under a footbridge over a stream a while back and got the landing  legs wet but no damage.  My most recent feat of derring-do was to fly the Mini1 through the arches of a ruined manor house. That was relatively easy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1c4jamND1Q&t=12s

I felt tense as it passed through, my wife let out a gasp. I think we were suitably impressed.
Thanks for showing.
2021-11-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AlansDronePics Posted at 11-27 05:29
I felt tense as it passed through, my wife let out a gasp. I think we were suitably impressed.
Thanks for showing.

The Mini does make it relatively easy to do.  For each pass through, I stood directly behind the drone with it at eye level, then just followed my sight line through the gap.
2021-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules