Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin-M Test Footage
1776 5 2015-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mattiasevangeli
New

United States

Picked up my Ronin-M about a month ago and havebeen shooting consistently with it ever since. This is the first gimbal/stabilizerthat I have ever worked with let alone owned. By no means am I an expert but Ihave really enjoy the learning process and am very pleased with the results.

Take a look at some footage feedback is always appreciated!

Shot with Panasonic GH3 and 14-42mm lens. Mix of slow motion and regular speed. Footage is ungraded.

2015-7-22
Use props
Hmongraphy
lvl.1

United States

Amazing! Great work!!!
2015-7-25
Use props
medoway
New

United States

I used to work at a remote head rental place in LA and worked with some of the top professionals in the grip/camera dept.  Worked with a lot of steadicam operators who laughed at the Ronin... (i started to drink the Kool-aid too, thought you needed a steadicam op to be able to achieve 'professional results')  
What i've come to realize is that is not the case.
The ronin is essentially a stabilized remote head that you can hold in your hands, take in a moving car, throw into small spaces and pull off camera moves that would have costs thousands of dollars in equip and labor.  Take a look at the :17 mark for what I'm referring to. 70% of this spot was done with the ronin.

Just shot this a few weeks ago with the Ronin DJI and the Alexa Mini.  Let me know what you guys think!

Best,
Mike
2015-10-10
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

A 3-axig gimbal like the ronin can do a lot, but replacing a steadicam operator is not one of them.
2015-10-11
Use props
DJI-Darryl
lvl.2

United States

paullindqvist Posted at 2015-10-11 02:19
A 3-axig gimbal like the ronin can do a lot, but replacing a steadicam operator is not one of them.

You are very wrong, In the right hands a 3 axis gimbal is better than a Steadicam in many ways,
But I guess you are not the "Right Hands"!
2015-10-11
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

Really and that's why hollywood movies shoot with them, tv production, sporting events ? I use and own both, and they both have their strength and weaknesses. But again a 3-axis gimbal does not replace  a steadicam operator.

2015-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules