Camera not always level with horizon.
1428 12 2015-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chandos
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Quite a lot of the time my camera is about 10 degrees out of level. Any ideas as to what I can do?

2015-7-22
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

Canada

I had a similar problem, although just a few degrees.

Placed mine on the kitchen table which is absolutely level and did an IMU calibration. Seems to have settled down since then.

Although I assume that if you start up subsequently out at the flying field and it is not level there, you could once again induce an error in the level. I am sure you notice it does a gimbal calibration on startup each time. So a level startup would be best.
2015-7-22
Use props
AegisFC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12372 ft
United States

I've got the same problem.  I have to manually adjust the horizontal on each flight.
2015-7-23
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

AegisFC Posted at 2015-7-23 22:36
I've got the same problem.  I have to manually adjust the horizontal on each flight.

I think we all have this problem ...

If some one has a perfect gimbal with perfect horizon ... Please let me know ...
I might go through the process of getting a new one on the warranty!
2015-7-23
Use props
peter.psilver
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I've never had a problem with the gimbal not being level. I always fire up the I1 on a level surface.
2015-7-24
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

peter.psilver Posted at 2015-7-24 16:05
I've never had a problem with the gimbal not being level. I always fire up the I1 on a level surface ...

Mine is level at take off ... but starts to tilt with movement ... even if I only go straight forward (mostly at high speed / full stick input).

I will probably send it back to my retailer after this summer and get a new one ... thanks for your feedback!
2015-7-24
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

w1der Posted at 2015-7-25 01:02
Mine is level at take off ... but starts to tilt with movement ... even if I only go straight forw ...

I had a few flights last week and on one flight after changing the camera mode I have just noticed in post editing that the image is tilted in numerous parts of the film, when turning or adjusting the aircraft the gimbal seems to follow the the pitch of the aircraft rather than stay in the horizontal position, then returns to horizontal.

Will try and post a link to show.  Never had this before.
2015-7-27
Use props
walkowiak.macie
lvl.1

Poland

I have the same problem but almost every time when i fly on the "ring" with camera on inside. Sometimes when a fly straight it happends too.

2015-7-27
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have noticed this problem a lot when I fly. I have even noticed that when the bird was facing in one direction, it was level. If I pointed the bird in another direction, it would be off by a few degrees. Sometimes worse than others. Point it back to the original direction, it was normal. I have concluded that peter.psilver  is correct. Make sure you fire it up on level surface. If not, the gimbal seems to go off level.

Houston
2015-7-27
Use props
Chandos
lvl.2

United Kingdom

houston Posted at 2015-7-28 07:26
I have noticed this problem a lot when I fly. I have even noticed that when the bird was facing in o ...

So long as the original IMU calibration and gimbal calibration was done on a level surface then I would have thought booting up out of level (within sensible limits) should not be a problem. I have leveled my Inspire using a spirit level across the motor shafts and have calibrated the IMU and gimbal, so at the next available chance I'll see if this has helped.
2015-7-30
Use props
Chandos
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I think it is better as in level more of the time but not as good as my old 8 bit alex mos gimbal.
2015-8-18
Use props
tapboxer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 824672 ft
United States

Im a little hesitant to reply to this saying I've never had a problem like this, only because I don't want to jinx myself... okay with that being said, I've never had this problem.
2015-8-18
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

See also this link, similar issues:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-27814-1-1.html
2015-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now