12Next >
7188 40 2021-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alvara74
Second Officer
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

What are the best ND Filters for the DJI Mini 2?
2021-7-1
Use props
A.L. Photo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 475728 ft
United States

I know a lot of people who will recommend the Freewell 8-pack set. I personally use the 6-pack of Skyreat Filters. Cheaper and haven't had issues just make sure you install them properly.
2021-7-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Alvara74. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots can give out there best recommendation and on what ND filters they are using on there DJI Mini 2. Just a friendly, reminder that DJI does not recommend you to your 3rd party accessories like ND filters on your DJI Drones or modify your DJI product. These 3rd party accessories might affect the said DJI drone when in use. Actually, there is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work. However, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you.
2021-7-1
Use props
djiuser_2tg7qYXNBuee
New
Flight distance : 31886 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-1 17:33
Hello there Alvara74. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots can give out there best recommendation and on what ND filters they are using on there DJI Mini 2. Just a friendly, reminder that DJI does not recommend you to your 3rd party accessories like ND filters on your DJI Drones or modify your DJI product. These 3rd party accessories might affect the said DJI drone when in use. Actually, there is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work. However, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you.

Ok, then do plan to release DJI nd filters for the mini 2? What are owners supposed to do, not shoot on sunny days?
2021-7-1
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

I don't understand the question - it was clearly answered!
Buy filters according to your taste from a third party. You are sure to be able to e.g. Search Amazon for it and read the recessions;)
Cheap filters do not necessarily have to be bad, but the chance that these e.g. vignetting is high - read the recessions!
PS: Even on very sunny days I have never "needed" an ND filter - there are other ways too ...

2021-7-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sunnylife do a set thats good value to get you started.
2021-7-1
Use props
Droning-On
lvl.3
Flight distance : 293058 ft
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 7-1 23:34
Sunnylife do a set thats good value to get you started.

Yes, I've got a set of the Sunnylife filters (ND/CPL) - they were like NZ$30 and they work fine.
2021-7-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Freewell for the win.  Well made filters.
2021-7-2
Use props
Tez4UK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 142349 ft
United Kingdom

Actually Sunnylife are really good filters, I bought some skyreat but they kept falling off so sent them back and got sunnylife excellent buy..
2021-7-2
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

A.L. Photo Posted at 7-1 10:04
I know a lot of people who will recommend the Freewell 8-pack set. I personally use the 6-pack of Skyreat Filters. Cheaper and haven't had issues just make sure you install them properly.

The Freewell 8-pack set isn't available in the UK. I have to order them from the EU and pay customs etc which make them too expensive. Only the one piece filters are available and I don't think it would be worth it to buy 6 Freewell Filters and carry around 6 cases. I was also thinking about Skyreat but I've heard a lot of reviews about how they just fall off mid flight. Has this ever been an issue for you?
2021-7-2
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

djiuser_2tg7qYXNBuee Posted at 7-1 22:18
Ok, then do plan to release DJI nd filters for the mini 2? What are owners supposed to do, not shoot on sunny days?

The Mini series is aimed at beginners so I doubt DJI would make ND Filters for it since a lot of beginners won't be getting into high level photography and videography. If they had to release a set of filters for the Mini 2, they would have done so near when it was released just like the Mavic Air and the AIR 2S
2021-7-2
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

ozoffi Posted at 7-1 22:26
I don't understand the question - it was clearly answered!
Buy filters according to your taste from a third party. You are sure to be able to e.g. Search Amazon for it and read the recessions;)
Cheap filters do not necessarily have to be bad, but the chance that these e.g. vignetting is high - read the recessions!

Since I live in the UK, I mainly need the ND Filters for photography to get the silky textures in my photos from clouds/water. I asked the for the best ND Filters because if I'm going to get them, might as well get some with good quality.
2021-7-2
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Droning-On Posted at 7-2 01:15
Yes, I've got a set of the Sunnylife filters (ND/CPL) - they were like NZ$30 and they work fine.

I can't find them on Amazon. Can you find me a link please?
2021-7-2
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Tez4UK Posted at 7-2 05:25
Actually Sunnylife are really good filters, I bought some skyreat but they kept falling off so sent them back and got sunnylife excellent buy..

Can you send me a link please? I can't find them on Amazon
2021-7-2
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

Have a look:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Freewel ... s%2C312&sr=8-18
2021-7-2
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1859232 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here is a recent comparison of Freewell and Skyreat, that allows you to judge for yourself from Windswept Robert (love his channel):
I have the Freewell set and it works for me!

2021-7-2
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

ozoffi Posted at 7-2 08:45
Have a look:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Freewell-Standard-Day-Filters-Compatible/dp/B081W16TRH/ref=sr_1_18?crid=U55OV3QOCHMM&dchild=1&keywords=nd+filters+dji+mini+2&qid=1625244234&sprefix=Nd+filter%2Caps%2C312&sr=8-18

Thank you, I'll have a look at it!
2021-7-2
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

smbishop Posted at 7-2 08:57
Here is a recent comparison of Freewell and Skyreat, that allows you to judge for yourself from Windswept Robert (love his channel):
I have the Freewell set and it works for me!

Thank you, I'll have a look at it!
2021-7-2
Use props
djiuser_2tg7qYXNBuee
New
Flight distance : 31886 ft
United States

Alvara74 Posted at 7-2 05:39
The Mini series is aimed at beginners so I doubt DJI would make ND Filters for it since a lot of beginners won't be getting into high level photography and videography. If they had to release a set of filters for the Mini 2, they would have done so near when it was released just like the Mavic Air and the AIR 2S

My point is that they warn against using 3rd party, but don’t provide any of their own options.

Beginner or not, it’s pretty necessary for bright daylight flights.
2021-7-2
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

djiuser_2tg7qYXNBuee Posted at 7-2 11:32
My point is that they warn against using 3rd party, but don’t provide any of their own options.

Yeah, that's true. They're a great edition for photography and videography
2021-7-2
Use props
Merak75
lvl.2
Flight distance : 810325 ft
United States

A.L. Photo Posted at 7-1 10:04

Same here!
2021-7-2
Use props
Tez4UK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 142349 ft
United Kingdom

Alvara74 Posted at 7-2 11:43
Yeah, that's true. They're a great edition for photography and videography

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Filter- ... 25291885&sr=8-2
2021-7-2
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Have you ever experienced them falling off?
2021-7-3
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Because there have been several reviews about them falling off
2021-7-3
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Also, have you ever experienced some vignetting from Skyreat Filters?
2021-7-3
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Tez4UK Posted at 7-2 22:02
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Filter-Compatible-Transmittance-Water-Proof-Combo%EF%BC%88MCUV/dp/B09177GK28/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=Lens+Filter+Set+Compatible+with+DJI+Mavic+Mini+2&qid=1625291885&sr=8-2

Thank you!
2021-7-3
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Tez4UK Posted at 7-2 22:02
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Filter-Compatible-Transmittance-Water-Proof-Combo%EF%BC%88MCUV/dp/B09177GK28/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=Lens+Filter+Set+Compatible+with+DJI+Mavic+Mini+2&qid=1625291885&sr=8-2

Are you sure they are of good quality? I'd rather buy a good set than waste money on some with poor quality
2021-7-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_2tg7qYXNBuee Posted at 7-2 11:32

That's nonsense.
You can get perfectly good results on bright sunny days without using filters.
It sounds like you don't understand what the filters actually do.
2021-7-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_2tg7qYXNBuee Posted at 7-1 22:18
Ok, then do plan to release DJI nd filters for the mini 2? What are owners supposed to do, not shoot on sunny days?

Hello there. Thank you for the reply and for this information. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI Mini 2's future accessories. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates for the DJI Mini 2 and it's accessories by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2021-7-4
Use props
Merak75
lvl.2
United States

Alvara74 Posted at 7-3 07:38
Have you ever experienced them falling off?

No, stayed on every time
2021-7-7
Use props
Merak75
lvl.2
United States

Alvara74 Posted at 7-3 07:41
Also, have you ever experienced some vignetting from Skyreat Filters?

I have not
2021-7-7
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-4 21:30
Hello there. Thank you for the reply and for this information. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI Mini 2's future accessories. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates for the DJI Mini 2 and it's accessories by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.

Got it, thanks!
2021-7-7
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Okay, thank you. I'll give them a try!
2021-7-7
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Alvara74 Posted at 7-7 13:22
Okay, thank you. I'll give them a try!

It can happen if the filter is not seared properly. I really like mine and as long as I seat them no problems.
2021-7-7
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 7-7 14:14
It can happen if the filter is not seared properly. I really like mine and as long as I seat them no problems.

Ah, okay I get it
2021-7-8
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

So most of the time, its user error
2021-7-8
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

That makes the filter fall
2021-7-8
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Or cause vignetting
2021-7-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there Alvara74. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day. .
2021-7-8
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-8 20:19
Hi there Alvara74. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day.  .

No problem, and good day to you too!
2021-7-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules