Ireland

Active track on our Boat, worked flawlessly. Recorded in 4K 30fpsa

2021-7-1
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

That worked very well indeed. Great shots.
2021-7-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

kyalami Posted at 7-1 10:09
That worked very well indeed. Great shots.

It did thank you….
2021-7-1
Use props
Captain Dangerous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251762 ft
United Kingdom

Great shots really impress active track
2021-7-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Amazing footage! Thanks for sharing this with us. Cheers!
2021-7-1
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great job and sweet video. But... I would hesitate to call it "flawless" tracking if it cannot do real parallel tracking from the side for more than a few seconds without manual intervention. Have you tried that with your M2P?
2021-7-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

GaryDoug Posted at 7-1 19:14
Great job and sweet video. But... I would hesitate to call it "flawless" tracking if it cannot do real parallel tracking from the side for more than a few seconds without manual intervention. Have you tried that with your M2P?

Thank you. Overall tracking on Air2s is a big improvement on M2P, but doesn’t have side sensors but more than makes up for this. Having manual control in POI or Parallel is not a Bad thing . I think Flawless is when its set on the Subject and it continues to track without losing its subject .
2021-7-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice one hallmark,   looks like a fun day out too.
2021-7-1
Use props
Captain Dangerous
lvl.3
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 7-1 22:03
Thank you. Overall tracking on Air2s is a big improvement on M2P, but doesn’t have side sensors but more than makes up for this. Having manual control in POI or Parallel is not a Bad thing . I think Flawless is when its set on the Subject and it continues to track without losing its subject .

I agree i like the manual control in POI mode, allows you to control where the drone is but subject is always in the frame.
2021-7-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Active track worked quite well indeed.    Nothing like having a little fun on the water.
2021-7-2
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Really nice example of the Active Track feature. Video was impressive.
2021-7-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Captain Dangerous Posted at 7-1 15:17
Great shots really impress active track

Cheers Mate thank you…
2021-7-2
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I would prefer to see the entire video instead of clips. That would tell the whole story. I see that the A2s has the same horizontal position oscillations that plague the MA2 while tracking. I think that may be only the case when tracking over water, but I am not sure since I haven't done much tracking over land.
2021-7-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

GaryDoug Posted at 7-2 11:52
I would prefer to see the entire video instead of clips. That would tell the whole story. I see that the A2s has the same horizontal position oscillations that plague the MA2 while tracking. I think that may be only the case when tracking over water, but I am not sure since I haven't done much tracking over land.

Maybe you should post these oscillations you talk about to compare. I’m not sure many want to trawl through all uncut footage, but I have posted tracking as it is and can assure that Air2s never lost tracking and easily compares over water tracking to skydio which has become the benchmark for Active tracking and in fact as far as I can see the tracking with Air2s is far better over water where no obstacles come into play than Skydio. So I’m not to sure what you’re comparing it to.
Might help to put up your footage .
2021-7-2
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 7-2 12:24
Maybe you should post these oscillations you talk about to compare. I’m not sure many want to trawl through all uncut footage, but I have posted tracking as it is and can assure that Air2s never lost tracking and easily compares over water tracking to skydio which has become the benchmark for Active tracking and in fact as far as I can see the tracking with Air2s is far better over water where no obstacles come into play than Skydio. So I’m not to sure what you’re comparing it to.
Might help to put up your footage .

Check your video from second 40 to 55. The boat stays centered in the frame but the drone is oscillating from side to side. You can see the background moving left and right repeatedly. It should be obvious in the log file.

2021-7-2
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Very nice, looks like fun!
2021-7-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

GaryDoug Posted at 7-2 11:52
I would prefer to see the entire video instead of clips. That would tell the whole story. I see that the A2s has the same horizontal position oscillations that plague the MA2 while tracking. I think that may be only the case when tracking over water, but I am not sure since I haven't done much tracking over land.

No thats caused by me trying to force the shot of keeping the subject low trying to get more landscape. One thing with dji tracking is keeping subject centred seems paramount to the AI . So when i insist on trying to keep subject in bottom half of frame AI is fighting to recent re-centre “thats all that is” so I recommend leaving control of the camera AI until dji develop AT further which I’m certain will come with M3P .
2021-7-3
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 7-3 08:57
No thats caused by me trying to force the shot of keeping the subject low trying to get more landscape. One thing with dji tracking is keeping subject centred seems paramount to the AI . So when i insist on trying to keep subject in bottom half of frame AI is fighting to recent re-centre “thats all that is” so I recommend leaving control of the camera AI until dji develop AT further which I’m certain will come with M3P .

Not what I am talking about, horizontal not vertical. Nothing to do with the vertical aiming. There are two things going on, the camera gimbal is tracking and the drone itself is tracking. But they shouldn't disconnect like that as much. It is distracting to see the video background going from side to side and back. It should be smoother. I have only noticed this over water so maybe it is caused by waves or wakes moving around underneath at heights under 30 feet. I have an A2s on order so I will document/compare it on all 3 drones. I have yet to see that fault on the M2P .

Post your log file so we can see the effect.

Here is the path of a MA2 while parallel tracking. Notice the sinusoidal path. In the video, the boat stays in the center (camera aimed down) but the drone is oscillating from side to side causing the background to shift constantly.

MA2 oscillations while parallel tracking.png
2021-7-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

GaryDoug Posted at 7-3 13:23
The re-centering is exactly what I mean but horizontal not vertical. Nothing to do with the vertical aiming. There are two things going on, the camera gimbal is tracking and the drone itself is tracking. But they shouldn't interact like that as much. It is distracting to see the video background going from side to side and back. It should be smoother. I have only noticed this over water so maybe it is caused by waves or wakes moving around underneath at heights under 30 feet. I have an A2s on order so I will document/compare it on all 3 drones. I have yet to see that fault on the M2P .

Post your log file so we can see the effect.

What you are saying doesn’t really stand up, because you have nothing to compare absolutely nothing, and no it is you thats trying to make this point, so put up or shut up as the saying goes.
You obviously brought this up but refuse to demonstrate except to ask others to post their footage, while refusing to show us all the footage YOU are having problems with.

And yes I will show uncut footage but only after you show and demonstrate your own footage of what you call a Plague on AT in these drones. Or is this a case of “its easy to throw stones “ when you don’t have to commit . I await your footage and demonstration it should help others.
2021-7-3
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Post above is updated. No need to be insulting....again.
2021-7-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

GaryDoug Posted at 7-3 13:40
Post above is updated. No need to be insulting....again.

Nobody insulted you, so don’t be feeling sorry for yourself. Your argument makes little sense . Its very clear that flying close to the wake is exactly what i was doing and yet you pick out only what can be described as a spurious part of the video to make your case but it makes completely no sense . I’m almost certain M2P will not fair any better at in similar conditions wind or speed. What you need to show is how plagued this problem is but you post a tiny piece of nonsense that could have been caused by many things and shows no sign of this plague you talk about.
I spoke regarding the Air2s ability to overall fly using AT both under full AI and part Manual, I can only compare it to what is the best out there which for now is supposed to be Skydio Air2 and M2P and I’m convinced that flying in the conditions and at the speed it preformed better than anything thats out there and don’t feel its plagued. Could it be better “Yes” and probably will be. Can the operator make it better “or worse” yes I accept that.

And you surely realize that the drone is moving from side to side a lot during any flight and more so when flying in wind and thats why the camera is on a gimbal.
2021-7-3
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

This does not hppen when not tracking and does not happen so far over land. Here is a clip that goes with the airdata track diagram. I am done conversing with someone like you. You try to have a nice day anyway.

2021-7-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

GaryDoug Posted at 7-3 14:05
This does not hppen when not tracking and does not happen so far over land. Here is a clip that goes with the airdata track diagram. I am done conversing with someone like you. You try to have a nice day anyway.

Again more rubbish 29 seconds has convinced you its a plague “your Words” I think you have tried to rope your video with something that does not resemble it in any way and I’m 100% sure this has nothing to do with the wake, if it did then clearly you would have been able to pick out much more defined clips from the video I posted. You should compare Apples with Apples.

It seems if someone doesn’t agree with the point you’re making “You throw your toys out of the Pram” Maybe try what works best for you, instead of depending on someone else to create perfection for you. For me I don’t mind working at it, its part and parcel of how you develop your photography/ videography.
Good Day.
Incidentally the part you picked out in the video was AT TRACE...."NOT PARRALEL
2021-7-3
Use props
VengefulHemi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3362310 ft
United States

Excellent! I hope you keep having fun with the 2s.
2021-7-4
Use props
Captain Dangerous
lvl.3
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 7-3 14:05

https://youtu.be/foznprp52co

That is a weird motion, which drone was it filmed with?  I wonder if it could be wind or something else throwing off the AI.
2021-7-4
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148419 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice shots but I'm not so sure about the music choice.  Nice boat!!
2021-7-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 7-1 23:32
Nice one hallmark,   looks like a fun day out too.

Cheers thank you.
2021-7-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its my pleasure.     
2021-7-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks like a double post?
(I started from the bottom, so this one came second)
2021-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules