613 4 2021-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CR3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5872635 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Ive been up a couple of times now for long shots in a helicopter using different rigs.  The ronin S size is really the only option because of the space I have in the back seat.

I am trying to film a continuous run of the main road in my city for about 10km, the helicopter isn't able to stay sideways seamlessly the whole way and I'm having vibration issues at different times.  I don't have the budget for a Shotover rig and wondered if anyone has any tips and or hardware like dampening or z Axis stabilization i could try to have another go?
2021-7-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi CR3, may I know if the vibration happens when you are shooting in other scenarios, e.g. on the ground. If the issue only existed while using it on the helicopter, we may suggest that holding the gimbal to decrease the influence by the vibration source (helicopter). If the vibration comes along with gimbal tilt, you may try to use an external GPS module.
You may try to use a vibration absorber regarding the Z-axis issue, you may try to find one in the third-party accessory market. Thank you.
2021-7-6
Use props
CR3
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks Susan, I balanced it perfectly in all axis's and then turned the strength of the motor up to compensate before any shaking, I was hand holding the unit out the side of the helicopter and the vibrations are going through me into the gimbal and causing a slight jello effect.  I wondered if a z-axis dampening unit would help and was hoping someone here had some expiriecne with one wh could recommend.

Can you tell me about the GPS module for the ronin I've not heard of that?

2021-7-6
Use props
CR3
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Does anyone know of a Z axis and or damper unit for the RS2 that might help like when mounted to a car?
2021-7-12
Use props
CR3
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Anyone have a solution for this i have another shoot coming up?
2022-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules