Flight around ruins
1223 13 2015-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
colin.buckle
lvl.2
Australia

This is an edit of a flight I did today around some ruins in my area. Filters still have not yet arrived so still have video issues.

Comments welcome.

Col.
2015-7-23
Use props
colin.buckle
lvl.2
Australia

89 views and no comments?
I was hoping for feedback as I would like to improve my skills and seeing there is so much knowledge on this forum I thought this would be the best place to get it.

Col.
2015-7-24
Use props
alansworld
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just wondered how much Enya charged you for permission to use the music?  What?  You didn't get permission?  Surprised Youtube haven't taken you down.
2015-7-25
Use props
aek
lvl.2

Sweden

Beautiful and well flown.

Have you tried balancing the propellers? There is a good amount of "jello effect" in your video.
Are you using standard props?
2015-7-25
Use props
colin.buckle
lvl.2
Australia

Yes they are standard props and I should get the Dubro this week. I am still waiting for the ND filters to arrive from PhantomFilters.
Thanks for the complements about the flying as I am still getting back into it after a 37 year hiatus from anything to do with RC aircraft.
2015-7-25
Use props
alansworld
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And you paid how much to licence Enya's music?
2015-7-25
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

alan, give it a rest mate... How much money is Colin making off of it?

I just am amazed how much Australia looks like California..
2015-7-25
Use props
pixeleyz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1066076 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well flown, slow and well controlled.  But the jello effect is something I have only seen once, the first day, first flight, when I flew it with one of the gimbal shipping restraints still on it.  If you have that jello thing going on all the time, there is something wrong, and it won't be fixed by ND filters.
2015-7-25
Use props
colin.buckle
lvl.2
Australia

No need to licence Enya's music as when I uploaded the video to YouTube it stated that permission was granted to use the track and that adds may appear in the video as a result of this.
Clearly you are not aware of how this works with some tracks on YouTube being used as background music etc.
Please get your facts straight before you accuse people of copyright infringement.

Col.
2015-7-26
Use props
mekorff
lvl.2

United States

alansworld@gmai Posted at 2015-7-25 16:06
Just wondered how much Enya charged you for permission to use the music?  What?  You didn't get perm ...

YouTube and the artists have gotten smart.  I hesitantly posted a vid taken with my Phantom where I used a Sting song as background music - I expected to have it taken down.  Instead, I was informed by YouTube that my video had been matched to copyrighted material, and that I had been granted permission to use the material, but ads would appear on my video.  Given the ad that appeared on Colin's video, I assume the same happened to him.
2015-7-26
Use props
mekorff
lvl.2

United States

Colin -- excellent video and good flying.  I have a set of ND filters for my P3P, and I can tell you that you will experience a world of difference in video quality as soon as you get yours.  There is a lot of excellent reading on the forums about proper camera settings that make it easy to get started, I have gotten a good start by watching some of jimhare's material for which I'm very appreciative.  Happy flying!
2015-7-26
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Nice video, and nice controlled flying. The picture quality is good in spite of the shake/jello.
l know you said you ordered filters, but what is causing this jello. Did part of the foam dislodge and stay behind the gimbal, it looks like it's struggling.
2015-8-2
Use props
Beau
lvl.2
Flight distance : 345092 ft
  • >>>
United States

Will ND filters fix Jello? isn't that a rubber bumper problem? And hopefully you didn't get the copywritten music warning and somehow translated it as it's ok.
2015-8-2
Use props
clkilljoy1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15207 ft
United States

colin.buckle Posted at 2015-7-25 09:41
89 views and no comments?
I was hoping for feedback as I would like to improve my skills and seeing  ...

Just Speechless I would guess.  Nice. love that kind of Scenery.
2015-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules