1293 0 2021-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Micheal M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2005 ft
Canada

Hi Everyone,

After some testing and troubleshooting i can confirm that Pentax cameras (at least the K20, K3, & K1) work on the RSC2!

Pentax SLR Cameras will not work with the USB Cable.

There are some limitations, but they will work with the DJI R RSS Control Cable for Fujifilm.  This connects to the remote socket on the camera.

Here are some of the limitations / working features:
  • Switch between video and photo:  NOT SUPPORTED - do it on the camera
  • Half press focus: Works from gimbal.
  • Take photo: Works (see limitations when using app)
  • Start / Stop Video: Works
  • Photos from App (Panorama, timelapse, photos, etc): Auto-focus will not engage, the cable produces a single shutter release per click which does not engage autofocus.  If you are using the app you will need to set the camera to manual focus or disable the option to shoot in focus (change from 'Focus-Priority' to 'Shutter-Priority').
  • Advanced Camera features (ISO, F-Stop, Burst mode, etc): NOT SUPPORTED - do it on the camera

This is from my own testing and not an endorsement of features or compatability - i will post some videos of this working at some point, however figured there might be a few Pentax users out there that are curious.  

I have not tested the raven eye and it's features yet (I don't own one) hopefully it will be in the budget in the next few months, or DJI could just send me one for testing

I also have not used the DJI focus motors for focus or zoom (Also don't own) - DJI - feel free to send me for testing.....

A few things to be aware of: Pentax cameras and glass are not light.  I have used a 28-70 2.8 on the K1 as well as the 28-105 (kit type lens) with no issues, however cannot use battery grip and have not yet tried really heavy lenses.  As these are full size SLR cameras they are right at the edge of the maximum width, balancing the first few times was a bit of a nightmare (can do it in seconds now).  Straps and handle accessories need to be removed, this is a pain sometimes, but the weight of a swinging strap is just enough to make the motors work hard.

I have still not managed to get the Canon XA-11 or XA-40 to work with this configuration, even though I have a universal wired remote that works on both the Canon and Pentax with no issues.  After some testign it appears the remote cable voltage change is not high enough to trigger the response on the Canon.

I will add videos at some point in the future, if you have any questions on testing with lenses or how to setup let me know.

2021-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules