4256 84 2021-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

The M2 and P4 are too big to carry unless I'm doing it for a job.  I hardly want to carry a backpack or even camera equipment, for drones the main issue is size.  Mini 2 looks like a good scouting drone to capture things that happen while wandering on the e-scooter.

Has DJI ironed out all the Mini 2 issues? (fly-aways)

2021-7-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there AntDX316. Good day and thank you for your positive feedback for the DJI Mini 2. For additional reference for the DJI Mini 2 I will post a link where in you can find the overview and the specifications of the DJI Mini 2. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/mini-2?site=brandsite&from=nav
2021-7-12
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-12 03:58
Hello there AntDX316. Good day and thank you for your positive feedback for the DJI Mini 2. For additional reference for the DJI Mini 2 I will post a link where in you can find the overview and the specifications of the DJI Mini 2. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/mini-2?site=brandsite&from=nav

I'm going to pick it up from Best Buy and get this case.
2021-7-12
Use props
robpri
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635066 ft
South Africa

I have never had a flyaway. I think most people experiencing that havent waited long enough for drone to lock onto satellites
2021-7-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I love my Mini 2.  It is the perfect size for hiking/biking trips.  My only negative about the Mini 2 is that DJI still has not made the DJI Assistant 2 fully capable yet.  It can only be used for log export and not for for Firmware Update, Flysafedata Update or for Calibration.  
2021-7-12
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-12 04:53
I love my Mini 2.  It is the perfect size for hiking/biking trips.  My only negative about the Mini 2 is that DJI still has not made the DJI Assistant 2 fully capable yet.  It can only be used for log export and not for for Firmware Update, Flysafedata Update or for Calibration.

Has it ever mattered in certain situations or just as a photo drone for fun?
2021-7-12
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is this even really a question?  Come on.
2021-7-12
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 7-12 04:56
Is this even really a question?  Come on.

Pretty unnecessary snarky reply. He may never have seen a Mini 2.
2021-7-12
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

Most of the issues have been ironed out.
2021-7-12
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I love my Mini 2.  It is the perfect size for hiking/biking trips.  My only negative about the Mini 2 is that DJI still has not made the DJI Assistant 2 fully capable yet.  It can only be used for log export and not for for Firmware Update, Flysafedata Update or for Calibration.

Between the Mini 2 and the A2, which one would you recommend if I'm travelling a lot but also need good shots
2021-7-12
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

I love my Mini 2.  It is the perfect size for hiking/biking trips.  My only negative about the Mini 2 is that DJI still has not made the DJI Assistant 2 fully capable yet.  It can only be used for log export and not for for Firmware Update, Flysafedata Update or for Calibration.

Gavin has a great tutorial on how to fix it.  I have done this and it works as shown.

2021-7-12
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Alvara74 Posted at 7-12 06:04
Between the Mini 2 and the A2, which one would you recommend if I'm travelling a lot but also need good shots

2S has a better camera but for the sake of long duration exploring, if you carry too much it makes you "not" want to do it again especially when it's hot as f* outside hence why the Mini 2 is a good option unless it doesn't matter to you to carry a lot of gear.  I used to think being hardcore like that makes it awesome but it makes it Worse.
2021-7-12
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 7-12 06:33
Gavin has a great tutorial on how to fix it.  I have done this and it works as shown.

https://youtu.be/m3Sk1UPLIVg

That would prove useful, thank you!
2021-7-12
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 7-12 06:53
2S has a better camera but for the sake of long duration exploring, if you carry too much it makes you "not" want to do it again especially when it's hot as f* outside hence why the Mini 2 is a good option unless it doesn't matter to you to carry a lot of gear.  I used to think being hardcore like that makes it awesome but it makes it Worse.

Yup, I think I'll be going with the Mini 2 then. Definitely don't want to wear myself out, thanks!
2021-7-12
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Alvara74 Posted at 7-12 07:43
Yup, I think I'll be going with the Mini 2 then. Definitely don't want to wear myself out, thanks!

The issue is w/ the M2 and P4 you would carry the extra batteries.  The Mini 2 battery looks like 3x smaller size of 1 M2 battery and like 4-5x smaller size of a P4 battery.  When you carry 3x P4 and 4x M2 batteries for a while..

20210712_114704.jpg
20210712_114821.jpg
20210712_115546.jpg
2021-7-12
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

Gavin has a great tutorial on how to fix it.  I have done this and it works as shown.

Totally unbelievably why I need to spend hours on YouTube for finding information I can read in seconds!
2021-7-12
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 7-12 07:44
The issue is w/ the M2 and P4 you would carry the extra batteries.  The Mini 2 battery looks like 3x smaller size of 1 M2 battery and like 4-5x smaller size of a P4 battery.

What about the Mavic Air 2? Is there a significant between that and the Mini 2 too?
2021-7-12
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Alvara74 Posted at 7-12 08:00
What about the Mavic Air 2? Is there a significant between that and the Mini 2 too?

The 2S is better than the Air 2.  The camera is a lot better.  I don't care too much about the image quality.  If I did, I would have to bring the M2P or P4PV2.  I'm trying to see if I can bring something w/ me when I wander w/ the e-scooter.  The M2 bag is big and takes up nearly the whole space of a big backpack.  I rather carry nothing but then things get missed.  I want the ability to scout around at times.  Could catch something important that you can sell to the news.
2021-7-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have the mini2 for all the times where I cant or dont want to carry the m2p and on the whole its been great.  Assuming your happy with raw shots and sticking your own vertical panos etc the only real downside is the gimbal issue.   you cant look -90 down and then move the drone without the gimbal jumping to -80 degrees.   its very annoying.
2021-7-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Heres a sample of the gimbal issue I made -
2021-7-12
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Had GPS signal weak warning that came and disappeared over 1 second (21 sats) when going hard in Sports mode but I assume it's due to the Solar Flare that came.  It's not too comforting to have that happen.  The other DJI drones never had that issue.

Feed was clean and stable and so was the drone.
2021-7-12
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-12 10:03
Heres a sample of the gimbal issue I made - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp5ikn7UqHA&feature=youtu.be

because the drone is braking (tilting backwards)
2021-7-12
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads

You need the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) version.
2021-7-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 7-12 10:29
Had GPS signal weak warning that came and disappeared over 1 second (21 sats) when going hard in Sports mode but I assume it's due to the Solar Flare that came.  It's not too comforting to have that happen.  The other DJI drones never had that issue.

but I assume it's due to the Solar Flare that came.
When you assume things, you'll usually be wrong.
Solar flares have no detectable effect on your GPS.

Has DJI ironed out all the Mini 2 issues? (fly-aways)
What flyaways?
There will always be users losing their drones, for various reasons, but they don't fly away.

2021-7-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

AntDX316 Posted at 7-12 04:00
I'm going to pick it up from Best Buy and get this case.
[view_image]

Hi there AntDX316. Thank you for the reply and for sharing this carrying case that you have purchased for your DJI Mini 2. Great find and keep flying.
2021-7-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 7-12 12:19
because the drone is braking (tilting backwards)

Except that other drones with the same degrees of gimbal movement don't do it.
2021-7-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great, thanks for sharing.
2021-7-13
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 7-12 20:28
but I assume it's due to the Solar Flare that came.
When you assume things, you'll usually be wrong.
Solar flares have no detectable effect on your GPS.
You should understand not all assumptions are wrong 100% of the time.
Screenshot_20210713-093845_SmartNews.jpg
2021-7-13
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 7-12 08:04
The 2S is better than the Air 2.  The camera is a lot better.  I don't care too much about the image quality.  If I did, I would have to bring the M2P or P4PV2.  I'm trying to see if I can bring something w/ me when I wander w/ the e-scooter.  The M2 bag is big and takes up nearly the whole space of a big backpack.  I rather carry nothing but then things get missed.  I want the ability to scout around at times.  Could catch something important that you can sell to the news.

Ah okay, thanks for the info!
2021-7-13
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-12 10:02
I have the mini2 for all the times where I cant or dont want to carry the m2p and on the whole its been great.  Assuming your happy with raw shots and sticking your own vertical panos etc the only real downside is the gimbal issue.   you cant look -90 down and then move the drone without the gimbal jumping to -80 degrees.   its very annoying.

I think its a software issue. DJI should fix it in an update, but then again, it might be your drone
2021-7-13
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 7-12 10:29

Was it the Mini 2 that did this?
2021-7-13
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-12 23:08
Except that other drones with the same degrees of gimbal movement don't do it.

You sure your drone's okay then?
2021-7-13
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 7-13 03:22

Well, that's true. Sorry for the spam above, I just felt it was an interesting convo
2021-7-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 7-13 03:22

Not all assumptions ... just yours.
Despite those silly "news" warnings that appear every time there's solar storm activity, there's never been a solar flare event that's had any measurable impact on drone GPS.
None, not a single one, ever.
2021-7-13
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 7-13 06:53
Not all assumptions ... just yours.
Despite those silly "news" warnings that appear every time there's solar storm activity, there's never been a solar flare event that's had any measurable impact on drone GPS.

You aren't ever out where it does have an impact.  You not being out when it happens doesn't count as it never happens.  When it happens it's probably super temporary as what happened to me.  Just because things are super temporary doesn't mean it has no impact.  If going super hard one time where absolute accuracy matters from the GPS in a tight area, it would crash as it would be temporarily be off but no one really flies like that so it never happens like how the condo buildings never collapsed in the US from being "old".  Now a lot of buildings are deemed unsafe resulting in tennants being angry they can't go back to their place and other building owners such as the one in NYC saying it's dangerous and reckless to compare their building's condition to the one in Miami.
2021-7-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Alvara74 Posted at 7-13 03:59
Well, that's true. Sorry for the spam above, I just felt it was an interesting convo
Sorry for the spam above
Hmm ... 10 posts, none of which had anything to add.

How about easing up on the meaningless posts?
2021-7-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 7-13 06:58
You aren't ever out where it does have an impact.  You not being out when it happens doesn't count as it never happens.

You aren't ever out where it does have an impact.  You not being out when it happens doesn't count as it never happens.

I'm not out when/where it happens, because it never happens.
It's never happened, not to me, not to any drone flyer, ever.
2021-7-13
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 7-13 07:01

I'm not out when/where it happens, because it never happens.

I've edited it to make it longer so re-read it.
2021-7-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 7-13 06:58
You aren't ever out where it does have an impact.  You not being out when it happens doesn't count as it never happens.  When it happens it's probably super temporary as what happened to me.  Just because things are super temporary doesn't mean it has no impact.  If going super hard one time where absolute accuracy matters from the GPS in a tight area, it would crash as it would be temporarily be off but no one really flies like that so it never happens like how the condo buildings never collapsed in the US from being "old".  Now a lot of buildings are deemed unsafe resuling in tennants being angry they can't go back to their place and other building owners such as the one in NYC saying it's dangerous and reckless to compare their building's condition to the one in Miami.

When it happens it's probably super temporary as what happened to me.  Just because things are super temporary doesn't mean it has no impact.
It doesn't happen at all and never has.
And if it did, it wouldn't be "super temporary".

If going super hard one time where absolute accuracy matters from the GPS in a tight area, it would crash as it would be temporarily be off but no one really flies like that so it never happens like how the condo buildings never collapsed in the US from being "old".  Now a lot of buildings are deemed unsafe resuling in tennants being angry they can't go back to their place and other building owners such as the one in NYC saying it's dangerous and reckless to compare their building's condition to the one in Miami.
The village idiot's back with his rambling irrelevant posts.

2021-7-13
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 7-13 07:08
When it happens it's probably super temporary as what happened to me.  Just because things are super temporary doesn't mean it has no impact.  
It doesn't happen at all and never has.
And if it did, it wouldn't be "super temporary".

You always dismiss things that Could happen as never ever would and never ever has happened.  What is your take on intelligent alien UFO/UAPs that the government has been recording?

The village idiot's back with his rambling irrelevant posts.
It's nice to know you survived COVID.  Not everyone survived COVID.  Not everyone survived life.  Some made it to jail in solitary confinement.  Some are on life support.  Some got paralyzed.  Some got homeless.  Some suicided.

2021-7-13
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules