1526 12 2021-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
K9JDN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 893819 ft
  • >>>
United States

I flew my Mini 2 for the first time yesterday, after updating the DJI Fly app to version 1.4.8.  About 2 mins into my first flight, the FPV froze on my iPhone 11.  I hit RTH, manually landed and restarted everything.  Flew two more batteries the rest of the day with no FPV issues.  I've NEVER had the app freeze on my iPhone like this before.  This was the first time for me.

In addition, I now have a "Gimbal Requires Calibration error (40011)" message. This just started appearing after I updated the DJI FLY app to 1.4.8.  I have NEVER crashed my Mini 2, nor mistreated the gimbal.  It seems too coincidental to me this message is now appearing all the time, right after I updated to version 1.4.8 of the FLY app.  I tried manual and auto recalibration of the gimbal, but it doesn't get rid of the error message.  The gimbal is working FINE.  I have FULL control of the gimbal, both UP an DOWN manually and my photos and videos don't have any jitter, blurryness, etc.

Wondering if any other users are experiencing these same issues after updating to DJI Fly v 1.4.8?

2021-7-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there K9JDN. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to restart your DJI Mini 2 and refresh the latest firmware for the said DJI drone and calibrate the gimbal again. If the issue persists, you can send the drone in for service https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav and for further assistance. Thank you.
2021-7-12
Use props
K9JDN
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-12 19:07
Hello there K9JDN. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to restart your DJI Mini 2 and refresh the latest firmware for the said DJI drone and calibrate the gimbal again. If the issue persists, you can send the drone in for service https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav and for further assistance. Thank you.

Thank you for the quick response!  I'm not familiar with how to "Refresh the latest firmware" using the DJI Fly app.  Can you point me to a tutorial, or provide a set of quick instructions on how to accomplish this task?  Thanks in advance!
2021-7-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

K9JDN Posted at 7-12 19:12
Thank you for the quick response!  I'm not familiar with how to "Refresh the latest firmware" using the DJI Fly app.  Can you point me to a tutorial, or provide a set of quick instructions on how to accomplish this task?  Thanks in advance!

Hi there, we are sorry that the Mini 2 does not support refresh the firmware. We may suggest you send your product back for inspection. Thanks.
2021-7-13
Use props
SaiKo
lvl.1

United States

I don't know what's the issue but my mini 2 also had same error and I sent my drone to DJI. Today, I received an email from DJI that they are changing the camera module under warranty. I didn't abuse or crash my drone anytime.
The gimbal was perfect and the camera was rotating properly whenever I start the drone, However the Gimbal calibration error remain on the app.

DJI support is great and I hope I will receive my drone sooner
2021-7-13
Use props
pril250
New

United Kingdom

Since updating to version 1.4.8 I am experiencing stuttering with the FPV display even when the drone is right above me and a reduction of range as the indicators change to orange at around 200m distance. From watching other users many are experiencing similar or worse issues with this buggy update.
2021-7-13
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

pril250 Posted at 7-13 04:58
Since updating to version 1.4.8 I am experiencing stuttering with the FPV display even when the drone is right above me and a reduction of range as the indicators change to orange at around 200m distance. From watching other users many are experiencing similar or worse issues with this buggy update.

Video feed stuttering is introduced with the latest drone firmware. Unfortunately, it has nothing to do with the DJI Fly App. Stuttering is probably the result of DJI efforts to reduce FPV delay.
2021-7-13
Use props
Pajomota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 710197 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Today I flew for the first time since this update and it was a nightnare. Phone freezing, lost connection, freeze recording, big camera image delay and the phone no more would work unless restarted. # 3 batteries in a row and always the same issues. I dont know what to do...
2021-7-15
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

K9JDN Posted at 7-12 19:12
Thank you for the quick response!  I'm not familiar with how to "Refresh the latest firmware" using the DJI Fly app.  Can you point me to a tutorial, or provide a set of quick instructions on how to accomplish this task?  Thanks in advance!

DJI never anticipated that people may have to do this, fortunately there is a way to do it with the DJI assistant.

2021-7-15
Use props
K9JDN
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

This is just a follow-up on my initial problems.  Since the “Gimbal Recalibration Error (40011)” indicated to contact DJI Support if the problem persisted, I decided to let my DJI Care Refresh coverage kick-in and sent my Mini 2 off for replacement.  It took a total of 7 days from sending it for exchange to receiving a completely new unit yesterday.  The new Mini 2 came in a shrink-wrapped box with labeling to indicate it was “DJI Care Refresh.”  DJI, Inc. provided a pre-paid shipping label and I didn’t pay any shipping costs either way.

First flight of the new Mini 2 was successful.  No gimbal calibration error messages or DJI Fly app v1.4.8 frozen screen issues using my iPhone 11.  

So, only time will tell if this Mini 2 remains “error-free” or the problems re-occur with future flights.  

I will say, this Mini 2’s gimbal seems to have a much better horizon (level at all times, without the need to calibrate it) than my old Mini 2 did.  I would always have to manually adjust the horizon on the old Mini 2.  Wasn’t off by much, but it never corrected itself, even after Auto Gimbal calibrations, so I would manually adjust before each flight.

2021-7-21
Use props
Adrock318
lvl.1
United States

For anyone having issues with the app version 1.4.8(1120) on Android, DJI sent me a new beta version of 1.4.8(1185) that I've been testing out today. So far it seems very solid. None of the issues I was having with build 1120 are present. No app crashes, master shots, quick shots, and hyperlapse all worked normally. Also had zero issues with subject selection for active track. No video breakup, black screens and no disconnects from the drone. I have created a link here for anyone wanting to test it out. It would be a good idea to report back to DJI support about your experience with it. I think they are getting close to releasing it as long as the feedback is positive. https://www.dropbox.com/s/9u5go4h3hmb6kmc/1627872707034-dji-v1.4.8-210801-1185-48348-official-sec.apk?dl=0
2021-8-14
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

I have found previous versions of the app to be much more stable!
Here is a link for downloading DJI Fly 1.4.4 for Android: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-fly/dji-fly-1-4-4-release/dji-fly-1-4-4-android-apk-download/
2021-8-24
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

I have found previous versions of the app to be much more stable!
Here is a link for downloading DJI Fly 1.4.4 for Android: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-fly/dji-fly-1-4-4-release/dji-fly-1-4-4-android-apk-download
2021-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules