Move folders, or just files?
578 6 2021-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dankirk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74997 ft
United States

I bought a card reader so that I can remove the SD card from my Mini 2 and download the files to my PC, without turning on the drone.  Can I just cut and paste the folders onto my PC, or should I move the files and leave the empty folders on the SD card?
2021-7-13
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can do either. Missing folders will be recreated by the firmware in the drone.

Also, personally I leave the originals on the card and store the card when it is close to full and start another card.
2021-7-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

There's no need to leave anything on the card.
Formatting it after copying to your computer ensures you start again with a clean, empty card.
2021-7-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there dankirk. Good day and thank you for the inquiry as posted above the missing folders on the microSD card will be recreated by the firmware in the said DJI drone. Ibn addition it would be best to use a supported SD card of your DJI Mini 2 for compatibility and reliability purposes. Thank you.

2021-7-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your choice, either works.  I prefer to copy to PC and then reformat SD card for a fresh start.  Hasn't failed me yet.  
2021-7-14
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

It can work either way!
2021-7-14
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Yes, either way will suffice. But I highly recommend and external hard drive to store your drone images/vids.
Welcome to the "World of File Management"....
2021-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules