Is it not possible to invert the scroll wheel??
1312 8 2021-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hendrik7
lvl.1
Iceland

Hey guys! Just got the Mini 2  a couple weeks back and while I love almost everything about it, one  thing that has been incredibly frustrating is not being able to invert  the scroll wheel so the Gimbal points down when I scroll right and  points up when I scroll left. The factory setting is incredibly  counter-intuitive to me and I've messed up so many shots already by  pointing the camera up when I mean to point it down, and vice versa.

Please tell me that it's possible to invert the wheel in some settings I  haven't found yet. I find it very odd if it's not possible, given how  customizable the two joysticks are.

If this is not a possibility indeed, then I urge DJI to update this in a near future firmware, before all my hair turns gra
2021-7-15
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

No there isnt anyway, but im not sure why you say left and right, unless you are holding the controller in a horizontal position, I hold mine at about 80 degree angle so its up and down with your finger
2021-7-15
Use props
jweaver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47664 ft
United Kingdom

I 100% agree. I have put in a request for DJI to add this. They acknowledged the request but i doubt it will ever happen
2021-7-15
Use props
hendrik7
lvl.1
Iceland

crash1sttime Posted at 7-15 12:21
No there isnt anyway, but im not sure why you say left and right, unless you are holding the controller in a horizontal position, I hold mine at about 80 degree angle so its up and down with your finger

No matter how I hold it, it's always going to be either left or right...unless I held it sideways, so not following what you're saying.
2021-7-15
Use props
hendrik7
lvl.1
Iceland

jweaver Posted at 7-15 12:58
I 100% agree. I have put in a request for DJI to add this. They acknowledged the request but i doubt it will ever happen

What a bummer! Feels like a huge oversight by DJI not to be able to change this like you can with the two joysticks!

Where can I put in a request?
2021-7-15
Use props
jweaver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47664 ft
United Kingdom

hendrik7 Posted at 7-15 15:59
What a bummer! Feels like a huge oversight by DJI not to be able to change this like you can with the two joysticks!

Where can I put in a request?

I just made a post here, and DJI Mods acknowledged it.

But of you do a search, you can see that this has been asked countless times for years and DJI have done nothing to date.

You do have the option to open the controller and reverse the wires on the wheel… but thats a bit drastic.
2021-7-15
Use props
hendrik7
lvl.1
Iceland

jweaver Posted at 7-15 16:11
I just made a post here, and DJI Mods acknowledged it.

But of you do a search, you can see that this has been asked countless times for years and DJI have done nothing to date.

Man that's very disappointing to hear. This is very close to be a deal breaker for me. I wonder if this goes for all of DJI's controllers?

I'm definitely not about to open up the controllers to change the wiring. Maybe I'll put a sticker on the controller to remind me which way is which on the scroll, like someone on youtube just told me he did because it's counter-intuitive to him as well, but I just don't get why DJI wouldn't update this to be customizable like the joysticks are. Seems like it'd be a simple firmware update...
2021-7-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 I need this too.
2021-7-15
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229180 ft
Russia

hendrik7 Posted at 7-15 16:56
Man that's very disappointing to hear. This is very close to be a deal breaker for me. I wonder if this goes for all of DJI's controllers?

I'm definitely not about to open up the controllers to change the wiring. Maybe I'll put a sticker on the controller to remind me which way is which on the scroll, like someone on youtube just told me he did because it's counter-intuitive to him as well, but I just don't get why DJI wouldn't update this to be customizable like the joysticks are. Seems like it'd be a simple firmware update...

"Maybe I'll put a sticker on the controller to remind me which way is which on the scroll"

You're not alone in this I've had to reshoot clips because I put the gimbal up instead of down.

I did see a post by someone on here (sorry I can't remember who to credit) that suggested something along the lines of a mnemonic when using the gimbal control, as follows:

"Left to Lower, Right to Raise"
2021-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules