12Next >
9019 44 2021-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

I have a Samsung Galaxy s10, which has worked well on DJI fly for Mini 1, Mini 2, Air 2s until 1.4.8
When I open DJI Fly App : Messages
1) Enable location services and app permissions to allow your mobile device to determine your location [ Cancel or Go to Settings], I click go to settings then....
2) DJI Fly requires restarting manually. Tap Close to close DJI Fly, then wait a moment and restart the app [ Close], I click close and manually close Fly app.
3) DJI Fly locked. Close the app manually and reopen it again. Close this message

While both the Mini 2/ Air 2s fly and respond to stick controls; the Fly App becomes non functional with both transmitters. Sometimes instantly other times after a few minutes! Video continues to work. IE can not adjust any settings: turn recording on/off, see distance, speed, set quick shots, switch to photos, etc.

Have shut down the App while flying multiple times trying to regain any App control, to stop recording etc, before I turn the drone off as I don't want to lose any video files.

Have resorted to rebooting the Fly App while flying, not confidence insipiring.

Have updated to multiple 1.4.8 versions, all have had the problem!

2021-7-18
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721555 ft

Japan

Yes. 1.4.8 HAS THIS SERIOUS PROBLEM. I've been there too.

Revert back to an older version. I use 1.4.4 on android and it works perfectly.

Just fix the code DJI!
2021-7-18
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4

Japan

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... -fly-1-4-4-release/

You can download 1.4.4 from here.
2021-7-18
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
United States

I found 1.4.8 version 1120, a preliminary test seems promising! I will do a more full test tomorrow!
It caused my vacation videos to be minimal because I couldn't switch anything, etc.
2021-7-18
Use props
SjK_oldman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73583045 ft
United States

Happens to me too on my Tripltek Pro
2021-7-18
Use props
1stUFO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 221594 ft
United States

DJi is a fucking joke people. Just read a little more in here. If you think otherwise.... I've got some land I'd love to sell you!
2021-7-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused. We will try our best to help. Could you please provide us with a screen recording video to check the said issues? And please also send us the application log for further analysis.
2021-7-19
Use props
1stUFO
lvl.2
United States

Lol!! Holy ...! Are you kidding me?! Act like it's the 1st time anyone has had issues? Just proves my point..... Fuckin losers. Dji should just STFU in here cause they make it worse. We are on our own obviously
2021-7-19
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-19 00:27
Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused. We will try our best to help. Could you please provide us with a screen recording video to check the said issues? And please also send us the application log for further analysis.

I have updated to 1.4.8 1120 which seemed to be working, but tested the Air 2s and it was still locking up the App!The Screenshot was done over 100 feet up yet display reads 0 feet, 2.3 feet distance, vision sensor blocked (not), take off permitted - already up!
All settings turn gray if touched but non functional, do not open

screenshot

2021-7-19
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

Have you tried Force Stopping the Fly app or is it the same result nonetheless?
2021-7-19
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
United States

dreamtuner Posted at 7-19 06:15
Have you tried Force Stopping the Fly app or is it the same result nonetheless?

I forced quit multiple times, sometimes it would work for a while, other times not.
2021-7-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

videoeditman Posted at 7-19 05:23
I have updated to 1.4.8 1120 which seemed to be working, but tested the Air 2s and it was still locking up the App!
screenshot

May I confirm that you are referring that the image transmission froze or the whole app froze and crashed? If you could provide us a video sample showing the issue that would be very helpful for us to further isolate the said issue. If possible, please export the app log for further analysis.
2021-7-19
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-19 23:06
May I confirm that you are referring that the image transmission froze or the whole app froze and crashed? If you could provide us a video sample showing the issue that would be very helpful for us to further isolate the said issue. If possible, please export the app log for further analysis.

Image transmission is good, it is the settings and readouts that freeze.

See screenshot post #11

1) Settings are grayed out, cannot change anything:
Resolution, ISO, EV, WB, Shutter, Video, Record -( Grayed out, with first touch) , Functions do not open menus when touched!
2) Readouts are not changing, height reads 0 ft., drone was over 100 ft.:
Vision sensor blocked, Distance, Battery, time remaining not changing

Where do I find the log that you want?
App is freezing not crashing, it stays open but can only see video transmission, but everything else on the screen does nothing!

2021-7-20
Use props
djiuser_AYoOj1NqLucj
New

Spain

Hi,

I have the same behaviour with the 1120 version on Xiaomi Mi9 updated to Android 11 and MIUI 12.5
2021-7-20
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

videoeditman Posted at 7-20 04:26

See screenshot post #11

A few thoughts. Yes, try the different cable/dirty or loose USB port route first....
Refresh the Firmware in the drone using the DJI Assistant ( for consumer series drones,,,,,, is a different program for the A2S).
You might've had a system update of some sort that is affecting that app. I will assume you did give the Fly app the necessary permissions that you mentioned? Check your "location" settings/permissions specifically for the Fly app and if it is set to "high accuracy" try just setting it to "GPS only"
Clear the cache and possibly data for the fly app in the phone. If you end up clearing the data you will have to re-login and check the settings like it was first installed!I, personally, have had no issues with 1.4.8. on either the Smart Controller or 2 ( Samsung Note 8 or Samsung S20FE) phones so far so I can't duplicate this concern but a few have, apparently.

2021-7-20
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4

Hong Kong

jmb63 Posted at 7-20 06:11
A few thoughts. Yes, try the different cable/dirty or loose USB port route first....
Refresh the Firmware in the drone using the DJI Assistant ( for consumer series drones,,,,,, is a different program for the A2S).
You might've had a system update of some sort that is affecting that app. I will assume you did give the Fly app the necessary permissions that you mentioned? Check your "location" settings/permissions specifically for the Fly app and if it is set to "high accuracy" try just setting it to "GPS only"

It's app issue. Many have encountered the same problem with 1.4.8 and solved it with reverting back to 1.4.2 or 1.4.4 on android.
2021-7-20
Use props
Turbo1ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1322582 ft
Canada

1.4.2 is still available on DJI website, click on the link titled: "Android 12 Beta"
https://www.dji.com/ca/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2021-7-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

See screenshot post #11

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Could you please follow the steps below to export the file for our further analysis?
1. Connect the Android device to a computer. Tap 'Transfer files' in the 'USB connection mode' that appeared on the mobile phone.
2. Click the mobile phone icon in 'My Computer' and go to internal storage.
3. Find the logs file via path \DJI\dji.go.v5\LOG.
4. Copy and paste the entire 'LOG' file folder to the local drive and add the file folder to the compressed folder. Then send the file to us through the Google Drive download link.
2021-7-21
Use props
RJn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1845039 ft
France

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-21 01:23
Thanks for the detailed explanation. Could you please follow the steps below to export the file for our further analysis?
1. Connect the Android device to a computer. Tap 'Transfer files' in the 'USB connection mode' that appeared on the mobile phone.

Hello, I have the same breakdown and it was difficult for me to come back to take off. I have samsung s8 and dji app 1.4.8 (1120)
I notice that after a few minutes, the indicators freeze, except for the video and the flight controls. Even if we relaunch the dji app, the phenomenon recurs within 5 minutes. I also noticed that if we do a RTH on the remote control, the drone does not come back.
I am going back to the previous version.
2021-7-21
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-21 01:23
1. Connect the Android device to a computer. Tap 'Transfer files' in the 'USB connection mode' that appeared on the mobile phone.

DJI Mindy,
LOG
2021-7-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Thanks for the link. I replied to your PM, please kindly check it.
2021-7-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RJn Posted at 7-21 07:21
Hello, I have the same breakdown and it was difficult for me to come back to take off. I have samsung s8 and dji app 1.4.8 (1120)
I notice that after a few minutes, the indicators freeze, except for the video and the flight controls. Even if we relaunch the dji app, the phenomenon recurs within 5 minutes. I also noticed that if we do a RTH on the remote control, the drone does not come back.
I am going back to the previous version.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We will forward this issue to the corresponding team to check. If the issue occurs again, you may also provide us the information mentioned above for our further analysis. Sorry again for the issue you encountered.
2021-7-23
Use props
1stUFO
lvl.2
United States

Definitely force stop and then clear cache each and EVERY time you are about to launch app. Clearing the cache has helped me a lot. Sorry if it's been mentioned and that I just remembered to tell ya now.
2021-7-23
Use props
rpguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5738396 ft
United States

See screenshot post #11

Hello videoeditman,

Just curious if DJI has provided any answers to the App lock up problem.

Thank you
2021-7-29
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
United States

rpguy Posted at 7-29 04:27
Hello videoeditman,

Just curious if DJI has provided any answers to the App lock up problem.

Not yet, but they have data from my phone for all my missions, so they should be able to fix it at some point. I'm sure there will be a software update soon.
2021-7-29
Use props
fans8d9499c7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17520892 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

videoeditman Posted at 7-29 08:23
Not yet, but they have data from my phone for all my missions, so they should be able to fix it at some point. I'm sure there will be a software update soon.

we are waiting for this software update since the release of 1.4.8 ahahah!
2021-8-3
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-23 00:20
Thanks for the link. I replied to your PM, please kindly check it.

DJI Mindy, Thank you for your assistance. Do you know if there is any  App update due to the lock ups coming soon?
2021-8-12
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
United States

I found a Beta version 1.4.8 (1185) it seems to work well so far. I used it for 14 minutes yesterday on the Air 2s. I have a Samsung galaxy S10 e, which worked well until the first versions of 1.4.8. I hope DJI will release this as it better (more usable) than any other 1.4.8 version yet!
2021-8-24
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

videoeditman Posted at 8-24 10:42
I found a Beta version 1.4.8 (1185) it seems to work well so far. I used it for 14 minutes yesterday on the Air 2s. I have a Samsung galaxy S10 e, which worked well until the first versions of 1.4.8. I hope DJI will release this as it better (more usable) than any other 1.4.8 version yet!

I agree, did you notice that the video feed is more smooth? I think so.
2021-8-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

videoeditman Posted at 8-12 04:31
DJI Mindy, Thank you for your assistance. Do you know if there is any  App update due to the lock ups coming soon?

Hi there, we have not got any information about it at present, you are recommended to keep close attention to the update on our official web: http://dji.com Thanks.
2021-9-8
Use props
djiuser_UAjY1IoYP6Qi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 546558 ft
Poland

videoeditman Posted at 7-19 05:23
I have updated to 1.4.8 1120 which seemed to be working, but tested the Air 2s and it was still locking up the App!The Screenshot was done over 100 feet up yet display reads 0 feet, 2.3 feet distance, vision sensor blocked (not), take off permitted - already up!
All settings turn gray if touched but non functional, do not open

What are those orange bars at the edges of the screen? Are they indicating something?
2021-9-9
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_UAjY1IoYP6Qi Posted at 9-9 12:06
What are those orange bars at the edges of the screen? Are they indicating something?

I believe they indicate your sensors are picking up something nearby!
2021-9-9
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-8 03:36
Hi there, we have not got any information about it at present, you are recommended to keep close attention to the update on our official web: http://dji.com Thanks.

DJI Mindy, I found a version 1.4.8 (1185) listed as Beta; this version works well but is not on the current DJI download page still version (1120)!? https://www.dropbox.com/s/9u5go4 ... ficial-sec.apk?dl=0
2021-9-13
Use props
ROBERTO SMERA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 42619744 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

videoeditman Posted at 9-13 07:04
DJI Mindy, I found a version 1.4.8 (1185) listed as Beta; this version works well but is not on the current DJI download page still version (1120)!? https://www.dropbox.com/s/9u5go4 ... ficial-sec.apk?dl=0

Thanks for the heads up. Having the same issues as yours, will test this Beta Version and report back when I can. Best Regards.
2021-9-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

videoeditman Posted at 9-13 07:04
DJI Mindy, I found a version 1.4.8 (1185) listed as Beta; this version works well but is not on the current DJI download page still version (1120)!? https://www.dropbox.com/s/9u5go4 ... ficial-sec.apk?dl=0

Since this is a beta version but not an official version, therefore, it cannot be downloaded from the official website. You can temporarily use this beta version.
2021-9-14
Use props
ROBERTO SMERA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 42619744 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-14 02:32
Since this is a beta version but not an official version, therefore, it cannot be downloaded from the official website. You can temporarily use this beta version.

This is strange because the build 1185 is read as official in DJI Fly.
2021-9-15
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

You are so correct!
2021-9-15
Use props
Reguzz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60375420 ft
Indonesia

I've been using beta build 1185 for quite a while now, and it seems to be working fine without a single app crash. [Redmi Note 9]
2021-9-15
Use props
djiuser_UAjY1IoYP6Qi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 546558 ft
Poland

videoeditman Posted at 9-9 12:22
I believe they indicate your sensors are picking up something nearby!

Thanks. It seems you are right
2021-9-15
Use props
m0unds
lvl.1
United States

Haven't had any luck with any of the builds of 1.4.8 running on either of my Pixel devices, a 3XL or a 5a. Every version I've tried just crashes on launch. Thanks for posting 1185 so we could give it a shot, though.
2021-9-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules