Overheating Samsung phone fix
722 9 2021-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
1stUFO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 221594 ft
United States

Phone overheating from crazy CPU hog, ... show, dji fly app? If you use a Samsung, get "thermal guardian" which is part of  "good guardians" from the Samsung app store. Then you can adjust the threshold of the temp the phone can hit before throttling and crashing the piece of ... dji fly app. Hope this helps
Screenshot_20210719-030554_Good Guardians.jpg
Screenshot_20210719-030525_Thermal Guardian.jpg
2021-7-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra and have had no issues with it overheating while using the DJI Fly App.  Which Samsung phone are you having an overheating issue with?  
2021-7-19
Use props
1stUFO
lvl.2
United States

I'm not... Lots of people are. Just tryin to help
2021-7-19
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

1stUFO Posted at 7-19 04:43
I'm not... Lots of people are. Just tryin to help

I haven't heard of "Lots" of Samsung users overheating? Now, iPhone users, that's another story
2021-7-19
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've used three different models of iphone with my MM and MA2, plus occasionally my ipad air 4rth gen. Never had an over heating issue even on the hottest days of summer. That isn't saying that others couldn't have that issue though.
2021-7-20
Use props
RUFFSTUFF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4666542 ft
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-19 04:40
I use a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra and have had no issues with it overheating while using the DJI Fly App.  Which Samsung phone are you having an overheating issue with?

I agree, no issues here.
2021-7-21
Use props
1stUFO
lvl.2
United States

Take a look at the CPU, ram, resources and  temps when using fly app. It's though the roof. There are lots of issues and crashes people have (if your not one of them and your all good ....that's awesome!) The crazy temps don't help and may be a contributing factor and every little thing that can help, I'm going to bring up.
2021-7-23
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

1stUFO Posted at 7-23 23:13
Take a look at the CPU, ram, resources and  temps when using fly app. It's though the roof. There are lots of issues and crashes people have (if your not one of them and your all good ....that's awesome!) The crazy temps don't help and may be a contributing factor and every little thing that can help, I'm going to bring up.

There were some overheating of the screens that went dark.
2021-7-24
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

1stUFO Posted at 7-23 23:13
Take a look at the CPU, ram, resources and  temps when using fly app. It's though the roof. There are lots of issues and crashes people have (if your not one of them and your all good ....that's awesome!) The crazy temps don't help and may be a contributing factor and every little thing that can help, I'm going to bring up.

Yes, I agree that the Fly app ( especially with the Air2S for some reason) is VERY resource hungry. When I first had the Air 2S, I noticed obvious stuttering/lag even with a high-end phone that had plenty of resources ( ram/cpu, etc). I had to change the power setting in the phone to "high performance" as opposed to "optimized" to eliminate those issues. The Fly app was the only app I have had to do that with!
The problem with the Apple products "blacking out" is that they don't give a warning or "dim" when overheating, they just black out! I live in Phoenix, AZ so I have first hand experience with hot sun and how it affects different phones and tablets.  I tried an Ipad Mini 5 and 10 minutes into the flight it got hot and blacked out...I tried all the tips to cut down on the resources ( no cache, etc) and the next test was the same....All that was with the Go4 app so Fly would be worse!
Any of the Android phones/tablets will dim before actually blacking out if too hot
2021-7-24
Use props
1stUFO
lvl.2
United States

Yup, it brings the phone to it's knee's, like no other software I've ever seen. Its not optimized enough and needs a whole lot of polish. It's exactly like Cyberpunk 2077!!! LoL
2021-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules