Bands reduced from 5 to 3 after battery change
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ds9193
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64469 ft
Australia

For some reason, when doing large surveys in GS Pro and it's necessary to do a battery change half way through the flight, the the P4M I use forces me to only capture 3 bands after the battery change. Before the battery change it is able to capture all 5 bands. What could be causing this? I'm using the same mission and simply pausing it, landing the drone, replacing the batteries and then resuming the flight. Any help would be appreciated!

2021-7-19
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Hi, have you tried to reduce the horizontal speed? This may affect the recording of images, there is a minimum interval to respect. Also you can choose the band to record in the camera menu. Maybe it is possible to reactivate them there.
regards
2021-9-16
Use props
ds9193
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64469 ft
Australia

I can try this, although shouldn't GSpro automatically calculate the horizontal speed and minimum capture interval based on the overlap settings you use? The issue is that the app disables two bands after a battery change, they are enabled when the first battery is used but then automatically get disabled. We now make sure to check that the bands are enabled after the battery change, but this shouldn't happen..

Additionally, the elevation information in the exif data also changes after the battery swap, even though the P4M actually flys at the same altitude.. I've attached a screenshot from Agisoft Metashape for illustration..

elevation differences

elevation differences
2021-9-25
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

I believe that the safest solution will be to send the drone to DJI for expertise. Losing spectral bands is not dangerous, on the other hand the difference in altitude is more problematic.
Maybe a downgrade / upgrade would be sufficient.
2021-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules