DJI Extension Rod for Pocket 2
3209 15 2021-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GRandyB
lvl.3
United States

Hi,
Is there a setting in the Mimo app for the speed of the gimbal when using the phisical control stick on the xtension rod?
If not does anyone know if the stick can be removed and replaced with a longer one (I tried to twist it off by hand but afraid to aply any more force)?
It made a huge difference with my Air 2 controller and the stick on this is even shorter.
Thanks very much,
Randy
2021-7-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, you can swipe down on the touchscreen to enter settings, tap the gear icon to enter System Settings, and go to "Accessories", "Control Stick Speed", and "Gimbal" to adjust the speed.
2021-7-20
Use props
GRandyB
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-20 23:25
Hi there, you can swipe down on the touchscreen to enter settings, tap the gear icon to enter System Settings, and go to "Accessories", "Control Stick Speed", and "Gimbal" to adjust the speed.

Perfect, thanks...I couldn't find anything in the menu but apparently I just didn't look hard enuf ... thanks again!
2021-7-21
Use props
GRandyB
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-20 23:25
Hi there, you can swipe down on the touchscreen to enter settings, tap the gear icon to enter System Settings, and go to "Accessories", "Control Stick Speed", and "Gimbal" to adjust the speed.

I just set the speed to 2 and it works great...with the controller stick on the camera...but as you can see by the title of this thread, I need to control the speed of the controller stick on the extension rod.
How do I slow down the extension rod controller stick?
2021-7-21
Use props
Viva Terlingua
lvl.2
Flight distance : 163862 ft
United States

GRandyB Posted at 7-21 07:47
I just set the speed to 2 and it works great...with the controller stick on the camera...but as you can see by the title of this thread, I need to control the speed of the controller stick on the extension rod.

I have the same issue and have not been able to find a solution.  The control stick on the extension rod is way too sensitive for my fat fingers, wish there was a way to adjust it.
2021-7-22
Use props
GRandyB
lvl.3
United States

Viva Terlingua Posted at 7-22 04:13
I have the same issue and have not been able to find a solution.  The control stick on the extension rod is way too sensitive for my fat fingers, wish there was a way to adjust it.

After looking elsewhere it seems the adjustment (which works great for the camera doesn't do anything for the rod.
On my drone (made by DJI also) I was able to replace the sticks with longer ones so they wouldn't be as sensitive to movement....I wonder if the stick on the rod is screwed in or permmanently affixed (I afraid to use pliers if it's the latter)
BTW, I used to live in Alpine where I owned a bar and we made it down to the chili fest every year...good times
2021-7-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

GRandyB Posted at 7-21 07:47
I just set the speed to 2 and it works great...with the controller stick on the camera...but as you can see by the title of this thread, I need to control the speed of the controller stick on the extension rod.

May I confirm that do you want to adjust the gimbal speed? Are you referring to the mini control stick? If not, could you please provide us some pictures so that we can understand your needs better?
2021-7-23
Use props
GRandyB
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-23 01:36
May I confirm that do you want to adjust the gimbal speed? Are you referring to the mini control stick? If not, could you please provide us some pictures so that we can understand your needs better?
[view_image]

No not that control stick...as I mentioned above your suggestion above does indeed slow that control stick very well.
I'm referring to the DJI Extension Rod for Pocket 2.The suggestion you made for the gimbal speed does nothing on the extension rod gimbal control stick.

2021-7-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

GRandyB Posted at 7-23 04:24
No not that control stick...as I mentioned above your suggestion above does indeed slow that control stick very well.
I'm referring to the DJI Extension Rod for Pocket 2.The suggestion you made for the gimbal speed does nothing on the extension rod gimbal control stick.

Thanks for the clarification. We are sorry to tell you that the speed of the stick on the Extension Rod is not adjustable. You may move it more gentenlly to make the gimbal move slower.
2021-7-27
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I noticed it too that Rod works better with Pocket 1 than Pocket 2.

It should be calibrated better to work with Pocket 2.

Another firmware suggestion that never comes.
2021-7-27
Use props
GRandyB
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-27 03:30
Thanks for the clarification. We are sorry to tell you that the speed of the stick on the Extension Rod is not adjustable. You may move it more gentenlly to make the gimbal move slower.

I did notice that it is variable speed but the stick is so short it's very difficult to hold it in just the right amount.
That's why I was hoping the speed could be set to a specific speed or if the stick is removable and I could replace it with a longer bolt like I did with my DJI drone.
2021-7-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

GRandyB Posted at 7-27 04:44
I did notice that it is variable speed but the stick is so short it's very difficult to hold it in just the right amount.
That's why I was hoping the speed could be set to a specific speed or if the stick is removable and I could replace it with a longer bolt like I did with my DJI drone.

We value your opinion a lot and we will forward your suggestion to the corresponding team for evaluation. Sorry again for any inconvenience caused.
2021-7-28
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

If panning to the left, for instance, I find that if I use two thumbs on the joystick, pushing to the left with one and to the right with the other, and let the one pushing to the left win, it can be made to move slowly.  In other words, you have to develop your own technique.
2021-7-28
Use props
GRandyB
lvl.3
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 7-28 02:29
If panning to the left, for instance, I find that if I use two thumbs on the joystick, pushing to the left with one and to the right with the other, and let the one pushing to the left win, it can be made to move slowly.  In other words, you have to develop your own technique.

Yes that is the technique I use whrn flying my drone in tight places (ie between trees) and while it does work with the xtens rod, it's still difficult.
Some day I may take a pair of pliers to see if the stick screws in or not...if it does it can be replaced with a 2 inch bolt which wouldn't require 2 hands, just pinching it with index finger and thumb like I can do with my drone.
2021-7-28
Use props
eyekey
lvl.2

Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-28 01:30
We value your opinion a lot and we will forward your suggestion to the corresponding team for evaluation. Sorry again for any inconvenience caused.

I am +1 on GRandyB's request.

A sensitivity setting for the rod is mandatory for using it with pocket 2. On pocket 1 it is a good tool, on pocket 2 it is barely useable.
A sensitivity setting should not be so hard to implement. Please give this to us.
2021-8-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

eyekey Posted at 8-14 14:37
I am +1 on GRandyB's request.

A sensitivity setting for the rod is mandatory for using it with pocket 2. On pocket 1 it is a good tool, on pocket 2 it is barely useable.

Thanks for your suggestion, we will note down it and forward it to the corresponding team for evaluation. You are recommended to keep close attention to the update on our official web: http://dji.com. Thanks.
2021-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules