Blurry Spots On Air2s
3994 20 2021-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lestaylorphoto
lvl.1
Japan

Hello,

A couple of months ago I purchased the DJI Air2s. There is so much to love except for one glaring problem - blurry spots in both images and video. It's not as noticeable in video (though still visible), but it is extremely obviously in images. There will be random spots that look simply awful. I've attached a couple of examples.

Any help on figuring out a fix would be welcome. I have DJI refresh if needed, but I'm not sure how that works or if that would apply here.

Thank you!

1st image: look around the blue house on the left especially
2nd image: crop of larger image, where you can see the right side is very blurry

Full Blurry Spot_M.jpg

Right Side Crop_M.jpg

2021-7-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there lestaylorphoto. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know if your DJI Air 2S is updated to the most recent firmware and may we also know if it occurs when using either Auto-Focus or Manual Focus? Thank you.
2021-7-23
Use props
lestaylorphoto
lvl.1
Japan

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the reply. Everything is updated to the latest software. I'm not sure about autofocus vs manual 100%, but given the specific spots where things are blurry (e.g. in the first image) while other things are sharp, I do not believe it to be a focus issue. Unfortunately I am in a big city and cannot easily try it out at the moment.

For the record, I reached out to DJI Support on Twitter and have passed information along to them as well. But I'm happy to provide more information here if that might be helpful for my case or for those of others.

Thanks again.
2021-7-23
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721555 ft

Hong Kong

It's an ultra wide angle lens at F2.8 and I'm not expecting very high resolution on anywhere other than the center or the focal point...
2021-7-23
Use props
lestaylorphoto
lvl.1
Japan

That's a fair point, and I don't expect edge to edge sharpness certainly. The 2nd image is compressed so it's hard to tell here, but in the full-sized image the softness even far off the edge is pronounced. Still, that is not as troublesome as the stray blurry spot. That part is unacceptable. My phone shoots at 2.8 and has a ultra wide angle lens, and it doesn't have this problem. Nor does my mavic mini. I also didn't spend $1300 on either of those. For me, the Air2s is a professional tool that I use for jobs. I don't expect it to match my Nikon of course, but I do need this issue dealt with.
2021-7-23
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

FriedChicken_II Posted at 7-23 06:43
It's an ultra wide angle lens at F2.8 and I'm not expecting very high resolution on anywhere other than the center or the focal point...

That´s not quite true, because i have seen hundreds of Air 2S videos and photos that are crystal clear and a big part of them unedited.
How do you explain that?
The blurriness may not be very visible on a mobile phone or tablet screen because they are small. But i can tell you its quite noticable on a 55 inch screen TV.

2021-7-23
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4

Hong Kong

lestaylorphoto Posted at 7-23 07:02
That's a fair point, and I don't expect edge to edge sharpness certainly. The 2nd image is compressed so it's hard to tell here, but in the full-sized image the softness even far off the edge is pronounced. Still, that is not as troublesome as the stray blurry spot. That part is unacceptable. My phone shoots at 2.8 and has a ultra wide angle lens, and it doesn't have this problem. Nor does my mavic mini. I also didn't spend $1300 on either of those. For me, the Air2s is a professional tool that I use for jobs. I don't expect it to match my Nikon of course, but I do need this issue dealt with.

Yes, I can tell that there're weird blurriness on your images. even when it's close to center area. My guess is that the anti-distortion profile stretched the image too much which contributed to this problem. I haven't got an answer yet, but I do have this kind of blurriness in some of my shots, while some others don't. I'm quite confused too.
2021-7-23
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Miguel Leitao Posted at 7-23 07:59
That´s not quite true, because i have seen hundreds of Air 2S videos and photos that are crystal clear and a big part of them unedited.
How do you explain that?
The blurriness may not be very visible on a mobile phone or tablet screen because they are small. But i can tell you its quite noticable on a 55 inch screen TV.

I get some almost "random" blurry spots too so I'm not sure what's happening too. I'm just confused by the way that these spots emerge. It seems that they're not quite fixed, and sometimes you do get very sharp images covering most of the area except for the corners. I'm very confused about this as well.
2021-7-23
Use props
David Key
lvl.2

Georgia

Have the same problem. Also, when I zoom in 2x on 4k video, the area near the center is blurred too. I hope this is a software problem and DJI will resolve it soon.
2022-1-30
Use props
AntonBalazh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 523848 ft
Russia

I faced a similar situation. At first I noticed, looking at the video of the winter forest on the TV screen, where the branches against the background of snow give a good idea of ​​the sharpness. Then I discovered that when shooting a 360 panorama, which is carried out without the possibility of manually adjusting the focus, on the same objects, but in different zones of the matrix, there may be different sharpness even in adjacent frames. See an example under the spoiler. I decided to check it more or less instrumentally at home.

So, we have a flat 4K TV, a prepared line image, we absolutely accurately align the drone’s camera on a perpendicular axis from the center of the frame (there are crosses in the center and reflections in the screen of the front lights just above the camera axis). Recording from the smartphone screen and twisting the manual focus in the sharpness zone selection mode. The result is a complex circular unevenness of the sharpness zone, in my case, also slightly tilted. Unfortunately, with an unregulated aperture, it is better not to get. The ideal plane of sharpness is difficult to achieve, but it exists. And it's not a fact that autofocus always gives an ideal compromise across the entire field of the frame. Keep this in mind. I have been using the drone for more than six months, it is from the first batches, I didn’t notice this in the summer, because. filmed more dynamics. I will use manual focus more often, controlling the area of ​​sharpness. The tests were carried out in a warm room, there is no winter factor. And by the way, in terms of geometric distortion, distortion, the lens is excellent. Here is the focus. Who wants, you can do it yourself. Maybe, of course, I have such a copy, but I think that just the majority, like me in the first months, does not notice this. I did not experiment with other Air2S drones, but, for example, DJI Osmo Pocket does not have this with a smaller matrix.

How can I post links to files here? Does not allow.
2022-1-30
Use props
HenriqueP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 661795 ft
Brazil

And the auto focus “refocusing” sometimes,, middle of recording, when change a lot the subject, is normal?
2022-2-1
Use props
Seamavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52779 ft
United States

Update bump? Same here with the blurry areas which appear other than central area of lense. Could well be internal anti distortion software however most disappointing over cost of drone. My Sony a6000 will do this for barrel distortion but much improved over the DJI solution which is fixed by changing the "pancake" lens on the sony.  I see this complaint over many post so hope I don't have to buy a different drone to fix this.
2022-4-10
Use props
David Key
lvl.2

Georgia

Seamavic Posted at 4-10 03:24
Update bump? Same here with the blurry areas which appear other than central area of lense. Could well be internal anti distortion software however most disappointing over cost of drone. My Sony a6000 will do this for barrel distortion but much improved over the DJI solution which is fixed by changing the "pancake" lens on the sony.  I see this complaint over many post so hope I don't have to buy a different drone to fix this.

Unfortunately, updates have not yet been able to solve this problem. Hopefully, they will fix it in the future.
2022-4-16
Use props
djiuser_KX4xgJDct9G7
New
Flight distance : 398901 ft
Philippines

Im having this when taking panorama.
2022-8-2
Use props
KJprotog
lvl.1
Australia

I have also had repeated problems with blurry patches on Air2s images. It took 3 replacements and weeks of down time to finally receive a drone from DJI that had an acceptable image. Unfortunately, this good drone required a repair job but I was sent a replacement instead. Blurry patches are once again an issue and I'm back to square one. Pretty fed up with this issue and am starting to look at other brands.
2023-9-16
Use props
djiuser_ji9eU2dB358v
lvl.1
Flight distance : 212388 ft
Malta

Having the same problem here. Cleaned lens and latest firmware updated. Really didn't expect this. And it's not an AF issue since it is a spot... and then it is sharp outside this spot. Actually I have 2 such spots. Have you foind a solution?
2023-12-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_ji9eU2dB358v Posted at 12-30 16:02
Having the same problem here. Cleaned lens and latest firmware updated. Really didn't expect this. And it's not an AF issue since it is a spot... and then it is sharp outside this spot. Actually I have 2 such spots. Have you foind a solution?

Hi there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Can you post a sample photo for further checking? Thank you.
2023-12-30
Use props
djiuser_ji9eU2dB358v
lvl.1
Malta

Thank you for your reply. I am attaching a photo and then a crop on the unfocused part (circled in blue). You can see that outside the blue spot it is sharp and contrast.

2023-12-31
Use props
Ian_F
lvl.1
Malta

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-12-30 20:34
Hi there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Can you post a sample photo for further checking? Thank you.

I posted images as requested. Can you help please?
1-11 06:38
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Ian_F Posted at 1-11 06:38

Thank you very much for the footage. I will forward it to the relevant team for checking. I will update you once they respond. We appreciate your patience.
1-13 03:05
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Ian_F Posted at 1-11 06:38

Hi, Thank you for patiently waiting. Upon checking the provided photos by the relevant team,  it shows the blurring after digital zoom, which is normal. Digital zoom is equivalent to image processing software and works by enlarging each pixel area in an image to achieve amplification. Thus, it will decrease the clarity of the image to a certain extent. If the clarity of a captured photo/recorded video is normal before zooming, but the clarity/acuteness of the overall view is decreased afterward, please rest assured that this is a normal result of using the digital zoom effect.
1-20 03:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules