RC signal lost
7967 18 2021-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wmcelwee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 861726 ft
United States

I have had the DJI FPV since 5/17.  I have flown it somewhere around 50 times by now.  Every time I fly it I will get a "RC signal lost" multiple times during my session.  Is this normal ?  Over memorial day I flew it over a field in the middle of no where ( northern WI ) and still had the same consistently inconsistent "RC signal lost"

Aircraft Firmware: v01.02.0000
Goggles Firmware: v01.02.0001
Remote Controller firmware: v01.02.0000

2021-7-24
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

2021-7-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, could you please tell us the flight distance when the error message shows up? And you can try to fly in another place with less interference, make sure the antennas are pointed towards the aircraft. Additionally, 2.4/5.8 GHz wireless devices can cause interference to the signal. Please avoid high-density Wi-Fi signal sources, and consider turning off the Bluetooth on your mobile devices, as well as idle Bluetooth devices.
2021-7-25
Use props
wmcelwee
lvl.1
United States

Hi there, could you please tell us the flight distance when the error message shows up?

Going through my last flight log it looks like over the course of 4 minutes, I had the RC signal lost 6x times:
50 ft
138 ft
5 ft
144 ft
105 ft
77 ft

And you can try to fly in another place with less interference.

Per the original post:  Over memorial day I flew it over a field in the middle of no where ( northern WI ) and still had the same consistently inconsistent "RC signal lost"

make sure the antennas are pointed towards the aircraft.
it is per this video: https://youtu.be/P7M9JtfVwQE

Additionally, 2.4/5.8 GHz wireless devices can cause interference to the signal. Please avoid high-density Wi-Fi signal sources, and consider turning off the Bluetooth on your mobile devices, as well as idle Bluetooth devices.

Per the original post:  Over memorial day I flew it over a field in the middle of no where ( northern WI ) and still had the same consistently inconsistent "RC signal lost"
2021-7-25
Use props
coyotejuice
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8235935 ft
United States

Anything like this should be covered under warranty, so why fight it.  Contact warranty and have it repaired this could turn into a serious problem and could cause unrecoverable loss to the aircraft.  this could even affect the ability of find my drone in the event of crash.  DJI warranty has a fairly fast turn around from what I understand.
2021-7-25
Use props
fansf2f7f952
lvl.1
United States

Hey Coyote,

I couldn't agree with you more.  I have contacted support already, and keep getting the run around.  So I am now putting it out there on this forum, on multiple facebook groups, submitting another support request, etc.  Until their support realizes that their is something majorly wrong with my device.  I will keep on doing this until my device gets fixed.
2021-7-25
Use props
coyotejuice
lvl.3
United States

I get it man.
2021-7-25
Use props
Romonaga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 789124 ft
United States

My questions were answered remved post
2021-7-26
Use props
Romonaga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 789124 ft
United States

fansf2f7f952 Posted at 7-25 16:25
Hey Coyote,

I couldn't agree with you more.  I have contacted support already, and keep getting the run around.  So I am now putting it out there on this forum, on multiple facebook groups, submitting another support request, etc.  Until their support realizes that their is something majorly wrong with my device.  I will keep on doing this until my device gets fixed.

Silly question, but the google transmitter and receivers, do they look damaged, and are the screwed in correctly?
2021-7-26
Use props
coyotejuice
lvl.3
United States

On the goggles I have read that when people set these down on a table or other surface too hard over and over or drop them it breaks the antenna off the board internally. I guess there have been a bunch of them have this happen.  could be where your problem is.
2021-7-26
Use props
fansf2f7f952
lvl.1
United States

Hey guys,  I am getting "RC signal lost" between the controller and the drone.  The goggles are fine.
2021-7-26
Use props
coyotejuice
lvl.3
United States

I re-read it you have my apology lol good luck
2021-7-26
Use props
coyotejuice
lvl.3
United States

Romonaga Posted at 7-26 13:01
Silly question, but the google transmitter and receivers, do they look damaged, and are the screwed in correctly?

Ive never had an issue with mine.  I have only read that this causes issues over time.  Simply how people handle them
2021-8-2
Use props
djiuser_CgQBLbe0a1xF
lvl.1
Greece

fansf2f7f952 Posted at 2021-7-26 16:57
Hey guys,  I am getting "RC signal lost" between the controller and the drone.  The goggles are fine.

Have you resolve this issue?
I’m experiencing the same thing with you on the drone’s first flight!
2022-2-23
Use props
fans4d284ec7
lvl.1

United States

fansf2f7f952 Posted at 2021-7-25 16:25
Hey Coyote,

I couldn't agree with you more.  I have contacted support already, and keep getting the run around.  So I am now putting it out there on this forum, on multiple facebook groups, submitting another support request, etc.  Until their support realizes that their is something majorly wrong with my device.  I will keep on doing this until my device gets fixed.

Ive had the same issue. And will be sending my in for repair. I can be anywhere and the signal works sometimes and others not. I recently bought my wife the fpv drone before I start having lost signal issues. Guess what happened, her goggles went black and now she’s fighting with warranty because they want us to pay after providing footage and links on the forum with with the same issue. Not sure if I’m a fan of the FPV version. My other DJI drones work perfectly.
5CA33695-2FDE-43C4-AEB6-2AD3A852DFB4.jpeg
2022-2-23
Use props
fans4d284ec7
lvl.1

United States

fansf2f7f952 Posted at 2021-7-25 16:25
Hey Coyote,

Ive had the same issue. And will be sending my in for repair. I can be anywhere and the signal works sometimes and others not. I recently bought my wife the fpv drone before I start having lost signal issues. Guess what happened, her goggles went black and now she’s fighting with warranty because they want us to pay after providing footage and links on the forum with with the same issue. Not sure if I’m a fan of the FPV version. My other DJI drones work perfectly.
2022-2-23
Use props
fansf2f7f952
lvl.1
United States

No, I have not resolved the problem / issue.  it is still happening...
2022-2-23
Use props
djiuser_Xdzhxp0N0ERD
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Same here.. first flight, lost signal 100 metres away and transmission issues
2022-5-14
Use props
SPIRIT Guide
lvl.1
Flight distance : 243720 ft
United Kingdom

I'm in the process of waiting for my shipping label and customs declaration to be sent to me for a return. Have only had my FPV COMBO since the 11th and my connection to the controller keeps getting lost. I'm really upset about the whole issue. I'm on the autistic spectrum and this has made me feel terrible. For me it's the inability to stay in control of a situation like this. I have this overriding fear that I'll send it back and DJI will find no fault. I spent £1600 or so which was tough to find and now I have to hope for this to be resolved. If it doesn't, I don't quite know what I'll do as I can't replace that money. Sorry about the rant. I know nobody needs to read this but thank you all for your patience, in any event.
I want to add that my case IS being attended to but I just wanted to get this off my chest, so to speak.
2022-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules