OSMO Action camera suddenly changes exposure mid recording...
1792 9 2021-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Northern Nevada
lvl.2
United States

So I have never seen this before where my Osmo Action suddenly just changed its exposure mid recording.  WHAT THE HELL... would cause that? It went from perfectly exposed to suddenly so dark I can't even fix it in post....
Please help

N N

2021-7-24
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I got the same problem, glad I am now not alone with it, others have not reported it, you could at least post a video of it. the shutter speed goes what from let's say 1/60th up to 1/100 and down again. what is hte scene  you're shooting, when did you notice this?

I noticed about FW 1.08
2021-7-25
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

At about 26 seconds you see my shutter speed change , why? all I can think of is that overcast day

2021-7-25
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Probably combined with Auto ISO (or generally Auto) and spot/average metering for light.
2021-7-25
Use props
Northern Nevada
lvl.2
United States

Interestingly that change in exposure corresponds with the subject moving his head and it comes back to close to what it was when he moves his head back to the original position.
My exposure change was very abrupt and very much darker and there was no change in the lighting in the scene. I have done the most recent software update since but I have yet to run a long test on this to see if it does it again.

N N
2021-7-26
Use props
Northern Nevada
lvl.2
United States

Northern Nevada Posted at 7-26 12:28
Interestingly that change in exposure corresponds with the subject moving his head and it comes back to close to what it was when he moves his head back to the original position.
My exposure change was very abrupt and very much darker and there was no change in the lighting in the scene. I have done the most recent software update since but I have yet to run a long test on this to see if it does it again.

The latest software update has not changed the failure. What is causing this?

N N
2021-8-28
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

think the next time I am about doing that  overcast shot, I'll lock my exposure
2021-8-28
Use props
Northern Nevada
lvl.2
United States

Ok figured it out! A factory rest has fixed the problem. WOOO WHOOOO!

N N
2021-8-31
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I'll try that again but I know it failed .
2021-8-31
Use props
Northern Nevada
lvl.2
United States

Really you tried a factory reset and it did not work?

N N
2021-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules