2910 9 2021-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
neil.gonzalez
lvl.1
Flight distance : 260466 ft
Portugal

Hi all!

I've enjoyed my Mavic 2 Pro since it was released, however, with my old Honor 8 phone, it was soon discovered to not be supported (with no intention from DJI to make it work), leaving me to use my 2014 (Samsung S5) for the past few years. Unfortunately, the Samsung which has a display so dim that it made the filming/photography with this drone fairly unusable in daylight.     

In July 2021, I upgraded my phone to a Sony Xperia 10iii and while I set it up at home the app functioned perfectly straight away with lots of promise, a bigger and brighter display, and a more snappy response owed to a newer piece of hardware, in fact, I believe there were features missing which I never saw in the Samsung.

However, in the field, this morning (pre-dawn), after a hike up into the forest. I set up the drone and tried re-opening the Go 4 app, I found that the app opened, and soon closed.   I reopened the app to find it to behave the same.  I restarted the phone... I restarted the drone.  The behaviour remained the same.  I'm frankly annoyed.  

However, much like with my Honor phone, I'm not surprised, I had the same experience in Iceland, the Mavic 2 Pro (in January 2019) where it was unable to be used, and no explanation why.   Today much like before, my experience with this App is the same and fundamentally flawed. There is no diagnostic error, no warning of incompatibility of issue, in short, there is no report of why the software crashed for me to understand why this happened.

My question: Is there a way to run the app in verbose mode to understand if there is a permission error, hardware error/incompatibility or if it's just bad coding from DJI?

I'm frankly thinking about selling my DJI after this experience, I'm livid.
2021-7-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, neil.gonzalez. Sorry for inconvenience. Given that Sony Xperia 10iii is not within the compatibility list for now, we will forward it to our designated team. Please keep following the Phone Compatibility List for DJI GO 4.
https://www.dji.com/cn/downloads/products/mavic-2
2021-7-27
Use props
neil.gonzalez
lvl.1
Portugal

Thank you for your response. Could I for now, roll back a version (the version that worked on my phone a couple of days ago flawlessly)?  I'm guessing there was an update pushed out between then and today because it worked consistently well between unplugging and plugging in the controller into the phone, rebooting the drone, etc.  Today it just kept looping in the same splash screen then closing.  I even uninstalled and reinstalled with the same issue.
2021-7-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. It will be appreciated a lot if you can support us and provide us with some materials to test.
We need the App log(Please compress it in the form of zip), a screenrecord of the issues when you are using the GO 4 and a screenshot of the system version. You can find the App Log in this routine (/DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/ )after you connect your phone with computer. Could you please upload the materials we need through the link I sent (see next phrases)?
In addition, I will send you a link enclosed with the previous version of GO 4 to your PM. Please check the message and  download the App to have a try.
2021-7-27
Use props
neil.gonzalez
lvl.1
Portugal

Thank you for your response, I cannot upload it so I'm attaching a WeTransfer link

https://we.tl/t-OIrL2ZTWug

I hope this works for you, if not let me know how else to send you the `dji.go.v4` folder to you.
2021-7-27
Use props
neil.gonzalez
lvl.1
Portugal

Just to follow this up, I have removed the google play version, disabled updates.  Installed the APK provided by @DJI Wanda and it remains the same as before.  I allowed the app full permissions to location, phone, camera, contacts, etc...  
In the USB Preferences on the Sony Xperia 10iii i am given the options
USB Controlled by:
  • Connected device
  • This device

Use USB for:
  • File Transfer
  • USB Tethering
  • MIDI
  • No Data transfer

Regardless of what I select the phone quickly bounces a prompt that disappears in under half a second to approve this choice (which if you're fast enough you can click it)... but regardless of your selection, in a matter of seconds, it returns to This device and No Data transfer.   

2021-7-27
Use props
neil.gonzalez
lvl.1
Portugal

To follow up this thread.  

While I was not able to resolve or got any further help from DJI, I would like to point out that I was able to use Litchi app to operate the Mavic 2 Pro using my Sony Xperia 10iii.   The software is not free, but better than not being able to use the drone. And better than being ignored by support on here. While I still prefer the interface of the DJI Go 4 app, the Litchi app allows me to actually operate the drone.  
2021-8-4
Use props
djiuser_6jsbiWNaC2Cz
New

Greece

DJI Wanda Posted at 2021-7-27 03:24
Hello, neil.gonzalez. Sorry for inconvenience. Given that Sony Xperia 10iii is not within the compatibility list for now, we will forward it to our designated team. Please keep following the Phone Compatibility List for DJI GO 4.
https://www.dji.com/cn/downloads/products/mavic-2[view_image]

I have the same issue with Xperia 5iii
We are professionals and we work with Sony in our camera's and Also our phones... We also work with DJI in drones... DJI should consider this asap. We have work in front of us and we can't unfortunately.
2022-3-26
Use props
Bhumster
New

Sweden

Same issue here with Xperia 5iii and I'm only here to emphasize what previous post already said. Whoever buys a Sony Xperia probably does because he or she works with other Sony gear and most likely also uses a drone. Will DJI get to this issue or what? I kind of need to be operating my drone for work..............
2022-5-10
Use props
Neil Gonzalez Photograph
lvl.1
Portugal

djiuser_6jsbiWNaC2Cz Posted at 3-26 09:19
I have the same issue with Xperia 5iii
We are professionals and we work with Sony in our camera's and Also our phones... We also work with DJI in drones... DJI should consider this asap. We have work in front of us and we can't unfortunately.

I'm sorry for your difficulties.  I will share with you that DJI has never followed up on their support even after my previous message...

Frankly, my experience with DJI is appalling. At the time of purchasing my Mavic, I bought additional support with DJI, however, this is a one-sided transaction that does not favour the customer.   Due to this troubling experience with DJI, I am not interested in further upgrading any DJI equipment I own and currently recommend everyone else who is considering buying DJI not to bother as they have a general indifference to their customers after completing a sale.   
I was hoping that my bad experience was one of a kind or some misunderstanding, however, DJI repeatedly doubles down on their offensive no-support to existing customers.

Dear DJI: you've created and are feeding negative publicity from your lack of care for your customers.    This could be easily rectified.  But since January 2019, you've done nothing to support me and the multiple phone handsets I've purchased and borrowed, in order to operate the device you sold me.

2022-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules